Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Any tips for someone starting FUT for first time this week

Use different websites such as futhead or futbin to have a more in depth analysis of the players' stats, choose your players carefully based on what you need and how you play, don't buy overpriced players, start with a small team and build it up little by little and finally avoid packs as most of the time they contain rubbish players and cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got the game from the us psn store. I don't suppose i can buy fifa points until it's released in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I got the game from the us psn store. I don't suppose i can buy fifa points until it's released in Ireland?

You buy points on the US store, you cant buy them on the irish one. They are treated like dlc and need to be bought on the region the game was bought.

Axwell wrote: »
    You buy points on the US store, you cant buy them on the irish one. They are treated like dlc and need to be bought on the region the game was bought.

Someone here said they did it last year. I think so anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

v3ttel wrote: »
    Time for my daily gift bronze pack.

Edit: Oh look, a bronze pack again. Great.
    T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Same :(

I haven't gotten a bronze pack yet. Got 1000 coins my first pack, then silvers, yesterday got another 1000 and 250 today.

Maybe I'm lucky :pac:

Have a very cheap Serie A team built ready to go, built around Cuadrado I got in the bonus packs at the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I haven't gotten a bronze pack yet. Got 1000 coins my first pack, then silvers, yesterday got another 1000 and 250 today.

Maybe I'm lucky :pac:

Have a very cheap Serie A team built ready to go, built around Cuadrado I got in the bonus packs at the start

500 coins today. Better than a mini bronze pack.

I have a cheap BPL team ready to go for this evening. Now just need to get through my first day back at work after two weeks holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How do you get daily packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

2500 Coins today for me

maximoose wrote: »

2500 Coins today for me

Cheers, could do with some cash got ****e players in opening packs and sold them 😂 currently going with a championship teamed side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Any tips for someone starting FUT for first time this week

First thing - Go into your catalogue and find your coin boosts - they provide an additional coin bonus per game. With these you can play some offline tournaments and build up a bank of coins for your starter team.

Next thing - If you aren't confident, although I consider myself a very good UT player and will be doing this also - Use your free draft token on Semi-Pro offline. With boosts enabled you should be racking up the coins, and you don't have to waste contracts or fitness cards in draft. There is no difference in prizes across the difficulty modes offline (with the exception of individual match coins being lower for amateur and beginner) - it is all random but guaranteed to be at least worth normal cost of entry - 15k.

Once you have your bank of coins built up - 20k should build you a decent starter team that can rise through the divisions.

Also - never buy packs. Complete waste of money and if you have the temptation - you'd be better served getting a draft token because at least that provides some enjoyment and access to players you mightn't get to play with - with the guarantee of 15k worth of rewards even if you go out in the first round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bought a cheap serie a team the other day put em all up for about 400 more coins most of have sold now and sitting on a nice profit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Anyone able to download companion app?? Just gotta S6 and says it aint compatible :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Berns wrote: »
    Anyone able to download companion app?? Just gotta S6 and says it aint compatible :/

Not surprised mate i had the s4 last year and it wasnt compatible and i have an elephone (chinese pone) this year and its working grand

Any chance we see a Lewandowski motm card to kick off the new year :)

Berns wrote: »

I found a non play store apk last night for it and it's working fine on my s6 edge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jayo26 wrote: »
    Any chance we see a Lewandowski motm card to kick off the new year :)

5 goals in 9 minutes, jaysus. They only seem to do motm cards for later stages of cup games though, but since it's a Bundesliga game he's a shoe in for an in form

5 goals in 9 minutes, jaysus. They only seem to do motm cards for later stages of cup games though, but since it's a Bundesliga game he's a shoe in for an in form

Ahh yehh he will surely get an inform if not but they usually have a motm for some things fairly spectacular so ya never know. Not that it matters eitherway majority will never see it. I think the only motm cards i ever had were lukaku and rondon last year.

10k coins.

Any of ye wolf of wall street traders wanna send me some inside information? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

10k coins.

Plus one to this. Except I've like 6k. Tried trading earlier with Young, Azpi and Rondon but couldn't pick up any decent deals on them :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is it just me but i am playing in Div 10 but all the teams are stupid good with all 100% cem teams and all rated 80 and more. How do people have there teams so good so fast ?. They must be spending some money buying Coins.

• Advertisement

Is it just me but i am playing in Div 10 but all the teams are stupid good with all 100% cem teams and all rated 80 and more. How do people have there teams so good so fast ?. They must be spending some money buying Coins.

This is why UT isn't fun for me. UT feel severely handicapped from the get go even when it's not even out in Europe yet. Once my loaned players are gone I may aswell stop playing UT

Everyone is only starting off and that means all the good players start in div10, give it a few days and it will balance out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

This is why UT isn't fun for me. UT feel severely handicapped from the get go even when it's not even out in Europe yet. Once my loaned players are gone I may aswell stop playing UT
    Nolars wrote: »
    Everyone is only starting off and that means all the good players start in div10, give it a few days and it will balance out.

ITs just crazy hard at the moment and extremely handicapped for me and no fun what so ever to play really when you don't have a chance at all when your playing a team off 80+ players.

Has anyone ever had much Lag yet ?. As i am getting a crazy amount of it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

To be honest people that have them teams already for the majority are pretty poor players and it's so much more satisfying beating them with a non rare gold team. :)

Finical wrote: »
    To be honest people that have them teams already for the majority are pretty poor players and it's so much more satisfying beating them with a non rare gold team. :)

Agree with this aswell, if a bad-average player has 100 chem and a good team its easy enough to beat em 95% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

How did I not win this!!? Needed a win to stay up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stupid game..4-0 at half time thanks to a hat trick by Laudrup and the guy quits at 60 mins...I get the UT disconnect and gets awarded the loss and a DNF....I frakking hate EA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

To people starting out who are struggling - getting 100% chemistry isnt that big a challenge, getting a highly rated team though comes with time playing the game.

If you dont want to try get into trading right off my approach tends to be as follows (this year the draft was just an earlier step to add in).

Start off by using your free draft token - pick the best team you can for that (playing the online draft). Even if you lose your first game you get a reward and since its a free token anything is profit.

For my ultimate team squad I use my loan players straight away, put them in their positions and buy players around them to make up the team. Now add the coin boost for 5x1000 if you have the points to unlock it from the catalogue, if not unlock the next best you can. With that boost and using the loan players you should win a few games (ideally all 5 using the boost) which will get you around 1500 coins a game. That gets you 7500 coins, you can then use that to start trading or else fill the gaps in your team left by the loan players and start playing games. You should be able to get promotion also to Div 9 which will give you a few extra coins bonus.

Its not worth trying to buy the best players right off either, you need to gradually improve your team. I tend to decide on a player I want that will bring decent improvements and then I save up for him, usually I will look for a good CAM or CDM or a decent striker depending on who I already have from packs etc. I play 4-1-2-1-2 and find the CDM will break up the opponents attacks which is important when your defence is maybe a bit shakey or a good CAM plays the through balls and wins headers from kickouts feeding the ball in to my strikers, so for me those are ones I try put some cash into early. This depends on your own style of place and formations but use your strengths and invest in those first.

After that I just keep using the coin boosts to bring in some extra coins from each game and build up some coins. Obviously if you hit the transfer market and try do some trading there is money to be made along the way to speed up the process but it all takes time early on and as you begin to get more coins you can trade at bigger amounts, buy more expensive players etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

10k coins.

Pick a 500 coin PL player of some sort, perfeably one who is a popular player for a decent team, buy 10 of him, put him up for 900-1000 coins, and relist as often as you can.

I'm trying to do it with IF Mendy at the moment (buy for 10-12k, sell for 17-18k), but its slow since the game is just out. But I'm also doing it with Okazaki for smaller gains; buying for 450-500 coins, selling for 850-900 coins, with at least one selling an hour. Right, it's only 350-400 coins profit, but sell 10 or so a day, and its 4k profit. Use that to invest more and grow naturally.

Have managed to build myself a team for 5k (though already had the strikers from starter packs) thats pretty fun. It's...
    Rodrigo - Correra
    Vitolo - Fuego - Trashorras - Bangoura
    Adriano - Savic - Ruiz - Arbeloa
    Oblek

Should keep me going while I invest elsewhere. Meanwhile, Axwell's post is really good advice too; absolutely abuse those coin boosts.

• Advertisement

My advice is not to worry about winning or building the best team straight away just worry about getting 1500 for each game you play and dont waste it on overpriced players, for example say a player like depay everyone wants him at the start so he is way over priced i think he is going for 40k at the moment on ps4 when his price settles down in a few weeks he ill be got for around 10k to 15k max so id build an average team of players selling for under 1000 each and save coins for as long as i can or else use them to trade and build up your coins that way.

if you can get good at trading you can afford to waste a bit of money on over priced payers but if not just stick to cheaper better value players.

Advertisement