Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Literally having the most frustrating time with FUT. Can't get past divison 5 and have now dropped back down to Division 7. Went on a horrible losing streak. I seem to constantly get matched with exceptionally good players.

I play in 4 3 3 (2) with De Gea, Alba, Ramos, Pique, Alves, Busquets, Modric, Iniesta, Konoplynka (IF 94), Bale and either Griezman/Benzema up front.

Any tips or recommendations for improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Literally having the most frustrating time with FUT. Can't get past divison 5 and have now dropped back down to Division 7. Went on a horrible losing streak. I seem to constantly get matched with exceptionally good players.

I play in 4 3 3 (2) with De Gea, Alba, Ramos, Pique, Alves, Busquets, Modric, Iniesta, Konoplynka (IF 94), Bale and either Griezman/Benzema up front.

Any tips or recommendations for improvement?

When going through a period like that, I always find a change in formation helps.

A change to 433(4) wouldn't be a big adjustment, but all of this year I've found that no matter what you do the CDM won't stay back, so often you'll probably find Busquets in scoring positions, and Busquets ain't gonna score much.

James Rodriguez has probably been the best player I've used this year, and I've used pretty much every top player bar Messi/Ronaldo. He's like a literal sniper with that left foot.

Your defence is also very attacking, they all have high attack work rates and Alves even has low defence work rate. Godin and Carvajal would help a lot, but it would mean swapping De Gea for someone like SIF Navas unless you don't mind him on 7 chem.

I don't really advocate this, but if you don't use a 2nd team, then using bronze players on your bench puts your overall rating down and will get you matched against lower rated teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd agree with that position, 433(4) is what I change to if I'm not getting into the game. I stick it on defensive and play possession. Id pick high physical and defensive stats for midfielders, although you might want to look outside of BBVA for some of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just on the cdm getting forward i love busquets this year but he does tend to get forward too much he is great in a formation with two cdm but when on his own you may aswell play him cm, for that reason I use krychowiak instead he has high defence work rate and is positionaly better defensively then sergi and is very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Cheers lads. I have Ter Stegen as my second keeper and I liked him initially so I might slot him in and put Godin in instead of Pique. I have Silva on the bench but will sell him and bring in Rodriguez and go with the 4-3-3 (4) and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The drop has wiped out a good 200k from my current team :(

Though, admittedly, IF Matuidi cost me 60k cause I bought him just before SIF came out :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The drop has wiped out a good 200k from my current team :(

Though, admittedly, IF Matuidi cost me 60k cause I bought him just before SIF came out :(

But whatever team you might have planning on buying will also have dropped in price

So unless you were happy to sell all and keep it liquid, then instead of getting ahead by selling your team, you're in much the same spot

This is true apart from the IF Matuidi, buying IF's at the start of a week can often go bad

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Got sick of holding division 2 repeatedly, so I turned my hand to making an utterly terrible Bronze side :D made it to the final of the Bronze cup (and lost on peno's) with a side that were all 200 buy now, great craic :p

This has to be the bigest waste of stats ever lol he would make a fine striker

1z6yvdf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    This has to be the bigest waste of stats ever lol he would make a fine striker

1z6yvdf.png

A RB and his lowest stat is his defending :pac:

• Advertisement

A RB and his lowest stat is his defending :pac:

Im gonna buy him over the weekend for the craic and use him as an impact sub see what he is like up front. He a bit short but fuk it i cant score headers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've been hovering between div 6 and 4 alot lately,I'm in div 5 at the moment but I'm so bloody pissed off,I've been peppering the goal with shots from left right and centre and battering teams but then losing to them by the only shots on target they have, my last game I was 2 nil up and cruising,your man had 3 counter attacks and scored 3, this is happening to me alot lately😈

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've been hovering between div 6 and 4 alot lately,I'm in div 5 at the moment but I'm so bloody pissed off,I've been peppering the goal with shots from left right and centre and battering teams but then losing to them by the only shots on target they have, my last game I was 2 nil up and cruising,your man had 3 counter attacks and scored 3, this is happening to me alot lately😈

I sound like your man to be fair. I never have more then 4 or 5 shots on goal I never seem to get space to shoot outside the box so I always make sure I'm in a decent scoring position.

On that note I think long shots are too over powered this year it ruins most games for me sometimes I could concede 3 30 yard shots per game and I've tried everything tactically.

It could be the fact that I mostly play all out attack and I'm getting caught because of that,I might just play a bit more defensive to see if that works

Oh another thing,who are the best left and right backs for a premium lge team?,I currently have Moreno who I like and Coleman who is only OK tbh,I'm thinking of replacing both

Oh another thing,who are the best left and right backs for a premium lge team?,I currently have Moreno who I like and Coleman who is only OK tbh,I'm thinking of replacing both

Azpuliqueta or however ya spell it and darmian would be my pick.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Azpuliqueta or however ya spell it and darmian would be my pick.

I'll look into that, is clyne any good do you know(in the game) I see a good few use him at rb

I'll look into that, is clyne any good do you know(in the game) I see a good few use him at rb

Yhh Clyne is grand too he has plenty of pace you won't go wrong either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Holebas is also very solid at LB. Can score the odd longshot or two as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hmmm I really like Coleman my fav by far, after him I like Kyle Walker, got a good shot and loads of pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Aaaaaw dear lol, I'm easily amused lol

Won a Div 3 match 3-0, went for a smoke, came back and started to sort my team again, LMAO realised I had a fatigued Lloris GK at CDM, ooooopssadaisy lol.

Aaaw doesn't make sense, ah well. Loving Lloris in his normal position, ran with Cech for ages, only changed as I packed Lloris.... just seems better.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Do you guys use packs much or just transfer market. As someone who refuses to buy dlc, I rely on games for coins.

Never got one gold player in a pack that made the 5k coins worth it. NEVER.

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Do you guys use packs much or just transfer market. As someone who refuses to buy dlc, I rely on games for coins.

95 percent trading here I bought a few packs around xmass and start of game but traded to the point of im sick of transfer market so I haven't done that since January but ive two top teams at moment and 1.6 million in bank for tots players.

CS Hasuki wrote: »

Don't ever open a 5k pack. Ever. Ever. If you want to open a pack, at least save up for the 7.5k pack, there's 3 rares in this as opposed to the 1 rare in a 5k pack.

There's only a small amount of players that will make you money back, about 7% of rare players will make you your money back on a 7.5k pack, and you mightn't get any rare player at all. Odds of getting an in form card from the team of the week are slim to none, I play the draft a lot and just got my 1st IF of the year after winning it there Tuesday

If you want more coins, you can search through this thread for various trading methods that have been discussed numerous times

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Don't ever open a 5k pack. Ever. Ever. If you want to open a pack, at least save up for the 7.5k pack, there's 3 rares in this as opposed to the 1 rare in a 5k pack.

There's only a small amount of players that will make you money back, about 7% of rare players will make you your money back on a 7.5k pack, and you mightn't get any rare player at all. Odds of getting an in form card from the team of the week are slim to none, I play the draft a lot and just got my 1st IF of the year after winning it there Tuesday

If you want more coins, you can search through this thread for various trading methods that have been discussed numerous times

Don't take it hugely seriously. It's not just me then. Cheers.

But whatever team you might have planning on buying will also have dropped in price

So unless you were happy to sell all and keep it liquid, then instead of getting ahead by selling your team, you're in much the same spot

This is true apart from the IF Matuidi, buying IF's at the start of a week can often go bad

Ah, I know in theory. Just kills me that I had 900k coins last week and just about 700k this week.

*First world problems*

Also, RE Matuidi, it wasn't I bought his IF on Day One of his release. I bought his IF on Tuesday and his SIF came out Wednesday. Bad research on my part :(

Ah well. Building myself a cheap Belgian Silver team to go after the silver trophy as a break...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, I know in theory. Just kills me that I had 900k coins last week and just about 700k this week.

*First world problems*

Also, RE Matuidi, it wasn't I bought his IF on Day One of his release. I bought his IF on Tuesday and his SIF came out Wednesday. Bad research on my part :(

Ah well. Building myself a cheap Belgian Silver team to go after the silver trophy as a break...

Can be very difficult to find opponents in the silver and bronze online cups :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

I have 156k to spend any suggestions on who I should add to either of these squads.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Can be very difficult to find opponents in the silver and bronze online cups :(

Sigh, yeap. Built a team for 20k, can't find anyone to play against :(

Upside, I built a PL team based on what I had in my club, with Mane and Remy up front. Into Div 2 and dominating teams :O Don't know why I bother with "better" players...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Decided to sell my fitness cards and bought Zlatan, feel its better to use players I want than getting moree money from cards. Happy out :D

Advertisement