Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

You've said stuff like this about the higher divisions lots of time before jayo

Therefore I assume you think there is bs glitching / scripting whatever you want to call it, in the higher divisions

Personally I think it's a bit of a placebo effect, if you think there's going to be bs in the higher divisions, you're going to find it, it's an excuse when you miss a chance or concede a goal, it's not you it's the fact you're in the upper divisions. Confirmation bias if you will

Just my two cents

I find in the higher division, your more likely to come up against a guy who does stupid 360 spins on the corner of the box getting by everytime, then squares for a open goal, similar to draft mode. I enjoy division 4 alot more than 1 for example as its the same squads you pretty much play over and over higher up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ah don't be like that man

I'm just trying to be constructive, it's a game

You come up against a better calibre of player in the higher divisons, sometime they're better that's all

I understand it's a game pal thats why I'm giving my opinion on it. I don't need someone to tell me it's all in my head if i can actually see people scoring goals continuously from edge of box at corners or I see people scoring long shots in every game I've said before that long shots ruin the game.

I actually understand that I'm crap at playing the game(im not saying you said im crap I actually know it myself) I have said it numerous times in here and while in pm with other members so yeh i realise ill play alot better players when I'm in top divisions but that dont mean I can't still dislike how most of them play the game??

Im not saying game is scripted im saying that people in the top division know how to exploit the game better which is of course true thats why they are in the top decisions but it dont mean 8 have to like it.

Anyway in a nutshell im not Having a go at you im just having a rant about how the game is played in the top division it is definitely not as much fun as compaired to the cups lower divisions.

And yhh maybe the skill moves are due to people closing me down better but it is still frustrating.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I find in the higher division, your more likely to come up against a guy who does stupid 360 spins on the corner of the box getting by everytime, then squares for a open goal, similar to draft mode. I enjoy division 4 alot more than 1 for example as its the same squads you pretty much play over and over higher up

In a nutshell thats my thinking pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Fair enough Jayo

I do get what you mean

I just try to keep a positive outlook on things in the game, it is what it is, things that go against you today will go with you tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I agree with just about everything u say jayo but the one thing I've found this year is that div 3 is where the bulls**t happens for me in div 2 now but was in div 1 games were all grand just dodgy defending on my part lost crucial games.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Jayo

I do get what you mean

I just try to keep a positive outlook on things in the game, it is what it is, things that go against you today will go with you tomorrow

Have you not incountered the pausers, the watch every highlight guys, I had one guy pause the game every maybe 30 seconds he had the ball. Beating him was lovely, but dragging a game out for 30 mins isnt cool and its clearly to try get you to quit or lose concentration. The people who beat me with the 360 spins fair enough, but the other dicks ruin the game

Have you not incountered the pausers, the watch every highlight guys, I had one guy pause the game every maybe 30 seconds he had the ball. Beating him was lovely, but dragging a game out for 30 mins isnt cool and its clearly to try get you to quit or lose concentration. The people who beat me with the 360 spins fair enough, but the other dicks ruin the game

Guys like that are over compensating because more often than not they're crap at fifa

As I said it is what it is, in every video game you'll get d1cks like that, I just try to deal with it and focus more on me and what I can do, it's the only way to keep sane I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I love the ones that play obnoxiously loud music over the mic..one time, I beat one of them about 4-0 and the guy was proper raging over the mic. A great victory in my books

I love the ones that play obnoxiously loud music over the mic..one time, I beat one of them about 4-0 and the guy was proper raging over the mic. A great victory in my books

Or the ones that choke there guts up over mic to just let you know they actually have a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

maybe im lucky, but i haven't encountered the people who pause every 30 seconds.and its very rare i encounter someone who watches all the replays. i have been abused over the mic and been called a manc cúnt for having the united crest and away jersey. mainly by scousers who also abuse you for being sweaty despite them having the sweatiest team ever and spamming over the top through balls to auba. doesnt bother me at all though i love beating them and laughing to myself while they rage.

• Advertisement

Guys like that are over compensating because more often than not they're crap at fifa

As I said it is what it is, in every video game you'll get d1cks like that, I just try to deal with it and focus more on me and what I can do, it's the only way to keep sane I feel

Well when I played one season in divison 1, I got guys like that every three games, it wasnt fun at all. Actually made me stop playing UT for about 2 months

I had a guy for the full game say over and over "youre ****" all while pausing and starting after he got a early goal. I beat him 2-1 Totti free kick sent him a message "youre ****" which he replies "I was only joking youre good" this after seriously 25 mins of him being a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

lol I take more satisfaction from sending them a standard 'vgg unlucky, well played' message to these type of folks..... you'd be surprised at how many actually send a message of apology in return then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I stopped playing Ultimate team altogether.
    I kept finding that matches were being somewhat weighted either for or against me independent of my or my opponents skill level.
    I moved back to playing the online seasons mode (usually with a 4.5 star team like Fenerbache or Spurs) and I find it much fairer.
    I'm up in Div 3 now and getting a whuppin' mostly, but at least now I can mostly put it down to the skill of my opponents being genuinely better.

I stopped playing Ultimate team altogether.
    I kept finding that matches were being somewhat weighted either for or against me independent of my or my opponents skill level.
    I moved back to playing the online seasons mode (usually with a 4.5 star team like Fenerbache or Spurs) and I find it much fairer.
    I'm up in Div 3 now and getting a whuppin' mostly, but at least now I can mostly put it down to the skill of my opponents being genuinely better.

I understand that, I love working towards getting players, kinda wish you could do a league with a draft of players and play friends, each team drafting 30 players

I understand that, I love working towards getting players, kinda wish you could do a league with a draft of players and play friends, each team drafting 30 players

I've done that with friends, it's awkward but you just transfer the players you want to one club on customise in the main menu

Keep track of every persons "club" on excel or similar, and it's grand

You can even do it online, you need to tick to allow customised squads and make sure everyone has the squads done correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I've done that with friends, it's awkward but you just transfer the players you want to one club on customise in the main menu

Keep track of every persons "club" on excel or similar, and it's grand

You can even do it online, you need to tick to allow customised squads and make sure everyone has the squads done correctly

We used to do that back in college between the 4 lads in the house. Great craic drafting these 4 super teams. The games were always mental as well having the best players in the game concentrated into 4 teams :D

Had a guy pressing pause today for the whole game after he went a goal up, scored 2 with Zlatan straight after half time so from 50th min to 96th min I kept the ball down in the corner :pac: anyways he got the ball of me with last kick of the game hoofed it long and my defender missed it allowing Correa to run one on one with my goalie, he rounded my goalie then hit the post, Ive been trying to upload the video but cant find where to upload MP4s.

Had a guy pressing pause today for the whole game after he went a goal up, scored 2 with Zlatan straight after half time so from 50th min to 96th min I kept the ball down in the corner :pac: anyways he got the ball of me with last kick of the game hoofed it long and my defender missed it allowing Correa to run one on one with my goalie, he rounded my goalie then hit the post, Ive been trying to upload the video but cant find where to upload MP4s.

Just share it to youtube mate and and share the link. I have one of a comeback from 3 nil down and I won 4-3 and the guy started abusing me for wasting time in the 90th minute at corner flag just a pity you can't hear him on recorded video.

I died laughing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Just packed my best pull from all my years playing ultimate team in 89 Rated in form Paul Pogba, Was just wondering would it be best to sell it now and cash in or keep hold of him for a little while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Just packed my best pull from all my years playing ultimate team in 89 Rated in form Paul Pogba, Was just wondering would it be best to sell it now and cash in or keep hold of him for a little while

if you are going to sell now is prob the best time to sell imo

Giggsy_ wrote: »

Get selling asap

There's a chance of TOTS MC coming out tomorrow so market will crash even more, especially with this insane TOTW

You'll buy him back in a few weeks for a lot less if you want to use the card, if you want to maximise coins then sell now

Free draft token for everyone, and some tournaments which will no doubt have crap prizes as per

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/723558413834268673

This weekend will be as good of time as any to win the online draft if you need it for the trophy/achievement, everyone will be playing the draft at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

Its m time to shine aaaannnndd Ive lost

Its m time to shine aaaannnndd Ive lost

You're not the only one :pac:

Draft can be a bastard at times. Would be some much better if you were guaranteed 4 games with the team, and the amount of wins you get correlates to the prizes you get

You're not the only one :pac:

Draft can be a bastard at times. Would be some much better if you were guaranteed 4 games with the team, and the amount of wins you get correlates to the prizes you get

Yhh good idea like a mini season. It would probably stop the ones doing keep all very minute they win.

Took a 1 nil win, then second half imploded and let in 5 :( I am destined not to win this stupid thing

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Won all 4 matches of the draft, mainly thanks to IF Suarez. Morata was the best player I packed, sold him off for ~1400.

Bought 87 IF Higuain, haven't played with hit yet but hopefully he'll be worth it! Got him with Hunter so that'll be 85 pace and 92 shooting, can't wait :D

dfrbge.png

• Advertisement

Won all 4 matches of the draft, mainly thanks to IF Suarez. Morata was the best player I packed, sold him off for ~1400.

Bought 87 IF Higuain, haven't played with hit yet but hopefully he'll be worth it! Got him with Hunter so that'll be 85 pace and 92 shooting, can't wait :D

dfrbge.png

I never knew thats what them arrows meant, God Im stupid :o

Advertisement