Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

1. I usually have 55 to 60 % posession most games and more shots, so i wouldn't think i'm inferior to my opponent, (and i know when i'm beaten by a better player) its when he scores with 3 shots and my 6 or 7, no matter what type of finish i put on them, or how close to goal i am, gets saved and blocked, you know something is up especially when its div.7 and he has Sturridge and Costa

2. I am slow in my build up, im talking about when one my 2 CB's is on the ball and i try to pass Forward into midfield, yet for some reason, the ball goes sideways to the striker who just happens to have split the 2 CB's and gets in on goal, this has happened 3 or 4 times in 7 games so far.

Didnt mean you were inferior i ment the players on your team are inferior, if you are using a bronze or silver team vrs a team thats rated above 80s i would not be expecting my players to be putting away chances or making passes,

I dont know the exact situation your defence is when making the pass but i havnever had the situation that im taking it slow at passng and defender passes it sideways the only time that happens me is if im trying to play a quick 1 2 with two players with poor ball control or poor passing stats like most defenders have at best of times.

In a nutshell if your up against a better team majority of time your gonna be beaten unless he is a piss poor player. I myself have a decent win rate and i never have any more then 4 or 5 shots on goal in any game, i usually only shoot if i know ive a decent chance of making it so i usually have low shots on goal average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I forgot how time consuming FUT trading is during working hours :)

VeVeX wrote: »
    I forgot how time consuming FUT trading is during working hours :)

Great way of passing the day tho ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Does anyone know the differences in prizes for FUT draft?

I used my free token online and lost the first game. I've built to about 16k coins now so might play it safe and go with FUT Draft offline and hope to pull something in the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just started FUT now for first tie, didnt gte much in my opening packs besides Stephen Ireland, have Griezmann and Rakitic on loan. Have about 2k coints at the moment, is my best bet to do the FUT draft and get coins that way, then try and pick up a decent couple of mid seventies players?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the differences in prizes for FUT draft?

I used my free token online and lost the first game. I've built to about 16k coins now so might play it safe and go with FUT Draft offline and hope to pull something in the packs.

It seems somewhat "random" in terms of what exactly you get; just the further you get, the better packs and the more of them you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

what's the best way to defend against good dribblers, I defend manually but it's not working at all against good dribblers, meanwhile when I have the ball I tend to loose it quickly, I am missing a trick here, any help folks will be more than appreciated :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It seems somewhat "random" in terms of what exactly you get; just the further you get, the better packs and the more of them you get.

And offline rewards are not tiered on difficulty, but it seems that if you can win even 1 game online it's more rewarding than winning 4 offline. I was planning to mainly go offline to guarantee returns but it seems it's better to take the chance online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just started FUT now for first tie, didnt gte much in my opening packs besides Stephen Ireland, have Griezmann and Rakitic on loan. Have about 2k coints at the moment, is my best bet to do the FUT draft and get coins that way, then try and pick up a decent couple of mid seventies players?

I posted my own opinion on the best way to start if new a few posts back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97121090&postcount=179

That and then look at some of Lord TSC's posts about trading if you want to mix that in or go that route.

alwald wrote: »
    what's the best way to defend against good dribblers, I defend manually but it's not working at all against good dribblers, meanwhile when I have the ball I tend to loose it quickly, I am missing a trick here, any help folks will be more than appreciated :).

If someone keeps dribbling against me i usually call a defender with the shoulder button and get them to track them for me, hard to explain but i usually play with a cdm control them as much as possible when defending and only switch to a defender until late as possible if that makes sense. That way if they cross. In the ball ill have an extra man in the box at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Mokuba wrote: »
    And offline rewards are not tiered on difficulty, but it seems that if you can win even 1 game online it's more rewarding than winning 4 offline. I was planning to mainly go offline to guarantee returns but it seems it's better to take the chance online.

I see, that's the way it should be anyway! Online it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have 90k to trade with before I get playing the game on Sunday evening, Any tips on who to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Have 90k to trade with before I get playing the game on Sunday evening, Any tips on who to trade?

if you managed to make 90k, i dont think you need any tips haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MarkY91 wrote: »
    if you managed to make 90k, i dont think you need any tips haha :)

Got Alaba in my opening pack and sold him ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

2. I am slow in my build up, im talking about when one my 2 CB's is on the ball and i try to pass Forward into midfield, yet for some reason, the ball goes sideways to the striker who just happens to have split the 2 CB's and gets in on goal, this has happened 3 or 4 times in 7 games so far.

Happened to me multiple times, a simple pass is no longer possible as my player will give it immediately to my opponent, the level of scripting is UNBELIEVABLE, how come a gold non rare with an acceleration of 71 and a a sprint speed of 74 beat 2 defenders that are gold rare and that have higher acceleration and sprint speed, this happened during the entire match....my strikers are fast but couldn't beat his silver non rare defenders who were weak.....think I am done for few days now as there is more stress with this game than enjoyment.......probably my last fifa me think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

These are the three teams I've considering as a starter team, Russian, Portuguese or Turkish.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/1518979/

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/1520590/

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/1516762/

All of the pace, please. They should all be reasonably cheap, but it looks like Nani is extinct. I've seen 1 on the market in the last 24 hours and he was only up for a split second.

I'm not paying 2 or 3K for non rare BPL players at this stage, when they'll all be 350 coins in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Managed to double my coins in about 1hr30, albeit 12k, but still doubled up on what I had before.

EDIT: what do you guys think the cheap leagues are this year? Want to start building my starter. I have 2 BPL players from starter packs but the league is way too overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

alwald wrote: »
    Happened to me multiple times, a simple pass is no longer possible as my player will give it immediately to my opponent, the level of scripting is UNBELIEVABLE, how come a gold non rare with an acceleration of 71 and a a sprint speed of 74 beat 2 defenders that are gold rare and that have higher acceleration and sprint speed, this happened during the entire match....my strikers are fast but couldn't beat his silver non rare defenders who were weak.....think I am done for few days now as there is more stress with this game than enjoyment.......probably my last fifa me think.

I managed to get Ronaldo on loan for 3 games, played him there now, against a guy who clearly spent money on his team, its 2-2 in the 87th minute, Ronaldo is clean through with at least a 10 yard head start on the defense, He managed to get outpaced by Steven Caulker, loses the ball, Caulker then lumps a long ball, and there is Ibarbo in behind my defense, how iv'e no clue, he wins 3-2

Sums this, and the last 2 fifa's up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Managed to double my coins in about 1hr30, albeit 12k, but still doubled up on what I had before.

EDIT: what do you guys think the cheap leagues are this year? Want to start building my starter. I have 2 BPL players from starter packs but the league is way too overpriced.

Bundesliga is fairly cheap. Built a nice team for about 6 or 7k

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Daley Blind is an awesome seller if you're low on coins. Have 20 in my trade pile right now :P Buying for 800-900 coins, selling 2 or 3 a cycle for 1900 coins. Easy 1000 coins.

I still have a load of IF Mendy's who aren't moving at all though :( All my coins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Am i the only one disappointed that you can't list a player with no buy now price? The beginners used to bid massive money on players in the first few days of previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Mokuba wrote: »

I wouldn't bother, I won the 4 games online and what u get for winning it is one gold pack and one rare gold players pack.
    The best player i got was Benteke none of the other players were worth anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i have went from slight profits to possibly making a loss on my current cards </3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've made it to 25k. Played 1 game and I'm on a 2 win streak in draft mode. Once I'm finished, back to trading :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Won the draft mode tournament on my first attempt with the free token online. Best player I pulled out of three packs was the Chilean Fernandez.

Total muck. Mode is made for EA to get more money. ðŸ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Finical wrote: »
    Won the draft mode tournament on my first attempt with the free token online. Best player I pulled out of three packs was the Chilean Fernandez.

you'd almost swear they only made Fifa 16 to make money wouldn't ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

you'd almost swear they only made Fifa 16 to make money wouldn't ya :pac:

Yep exactly and fair play to them. UT really is the moneymaker for them.

Shame they didn't do anything to improve clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yep exactly and fair play to them. UT really is the moneymaker for them.

Shame they didn't do anything to improve clubs.

If they made every single improvement to clubs or career mode that could be made, how would they sell Fifa 17 ?

They will make slight improvements every year so long as it sells well. Unless Pro Evo or someone else makes a really good game, and a few of them in a row maybe, then we won't see a groundbreaking fifa for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Online or offline? I got a few rares in my packs from the offline one. got to third round and got 3 packs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus lads, TSC is onto something.. Daley Blind, what a seller! made at least 500 profit each on 5 sales in an hour

Advertisement