Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

304 bus route

• 11-09-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just a question regarding the 304 route.
    Is there a different timetable or different routes depending on the time of the day?

It looks like during the afternoon there are 1 hour gaps between the buses passsing by Plassey Park Rd. (Opp. National Techical Park.) stop.

Is there something I am missing or is the service on the 304 route really really bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Alexanderis

According to the timetable it should be every 15 minutes.
    My GF just waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes. From 16:00 to a few minutes ago.
    This week has been really really bad in the afternoon and I am trying to find out of something changed or there is a huge gap in the service for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

This week has been really really bad in the afternoon and I am trying to find out of something changed or there is a huge gap in the service for some reason.

That is sadly the typical performance of that route at peak times. As UL has started back traffic can be terrible in morning and evening peak times so buses naturally are affected.

The bus stops further down in the industrial estate are meant to be served between 4-6 but owing to bad timekeeping, full to the brim buses and everything else it seems they just don't bother!

Let Bus Éireann know. I know you might think it'll fall on deaf ears but the more complaints, the more they will listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I find that during very busy times buses often bypass that leg of the route. You can see it on the display at the Kilmurry Lodge stop as buses are coming nearer but at about 7 mins away they hop back to 8 mins then disappear. This means the buses are coming out the second gate at UL, then turning back towards town instead of continuing on. This is at it's worst during bad weather so it could be because the buses are at/over capacity before they leave UL or it could just be because the drivers are behind schedule and want to make up time. Either way it's not on and I really feel for anyone who relies on that section of the route on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I find it hard to understand why they cant bring in a app tracker system. Dublin bus have an excellent one where you can see the bus position and estimated time of arrival at a bus stop. I've emailed them a couple of times about it, but only get a reply saying that its in a queue and I get a reference number.

The bus service is a great asset to the city if it was run right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

The traffic around Castletroy has gone bananas since UL started back.

Im working here 4 years now and this is the worst I have seen it. We've started to give the lads flexi time so those not living close by can get in earlier/later to avoid the bulk of the the traffic.

Its a real sign that the economy has picked up - a lot more people on the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭Villa05

mitresize5 wrote:
    The traffic around Castletroy has gone bananas since UL started back.

The intake of first years has increased substantially this year, I've heard.
    Rising rents may be forcing some to commute.
    Nothing like another property mania to kill an economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

styer wrote: »
    I find it hard to understand why they cant bring in a app tracker system. Dublin bus have an excellent one where you can see the bus position and estimated time of arrival at a bus stop. I've emailed them a couple of times about it, but only get a reply saying that its in a queue and I get a reference number.

The bus service is a great asset to the city if it was run right.

There is an app for Limerick buses. It doesn't show you the bus on a map but it does use the satellite tracker to tell you when the bus is due at your stop. It's called Real Time Bus.

The Real Time bus app is pretty accurate as well. I use it quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

iguana wrote: »
    I find that during very busy times buses often bypass that leg of the route. You can see it on the display at the Kilmurry Lodge stop as buses are coming nearer but at about 7 mins away they hop back to 8 mins then disappear. This means the buses are coming out the second gate at UL, then turning back towards town instead of continuing on. This is at it's worst during bad weather so it could be because the buses are at/over capacity before they leave UL or it could just be because the drivers are behind schedule and want to make up time. Either way it's not on and I really feel for anyone who relies on that section of the route on a regular basis.

They do the same with the Raheen bus, don't bother going down to Ballycummin and head straight back into the city, joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

The Real Time bus app is pretty accurate as well. I use it quite a bit.

I must look into it... thanks

Advertisement