Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Accountant thinking about working in South Africa

• 11-09-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there,

I'm a newly qual'd Chartered Accountant with 1.5years post qualification experience and had hoped to do a bit of working abroad.
    I started the visa process for Australia - because I'm over 31 I have to apply for the skilled migration visa - which costs €2,500 before any fees for extras.
    I sent off my skills qualification and got an email back saying I needed to do a more advanced English test (I studied my ass off for the General test & got quite good marks & thought it was behind me) and also need to send in more certified documentation.

I got a bit disheartened with the Australian process - it's so far away - the process is so expensive and there's nothing in particular drawing me to Oz except for the sun.

I'm a 32yo female travelling on my own and had always hoped to go to Africa.
    Perhaps this is quite an ignorant dream to want to work in South Africa but my accountancy body has a reciprocal agreement with the SA body which recognises my qualification over there.

I had tried to find some similar threads to this - and one thread posted 6years ago says SA is a very dangerous place to go.
    Is this still the case?

Anybody know about what the job market is like over there at the mo?
    Social life? Irish buzz?

Advertisement