Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Army apply for London GAA

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

bruschi wrote: »
    the Army does have teams, I'm not sure exactly of how it operates, but they have played exhibition games in America and Australia. I think they may have gone on All star tours too. A few years back they had a football and hurling team in Australia. Dermot Early and Andrew O Shaugnessy were probably the 2 most known players at the time playing that I can remember. Kevin McStay was also part of management, and I'm nearly sure Jim Gavin was too, could be wrong on that but definitely a Dublin man was.

Definitely have inter firm teams, play the Navy etcetera in competition and other services afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

I can see it now; All Ireland senior football final, 2020 ,Croke park.
    English army 14 points , Tipperary 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Very Bored wrote:
    The Irish Army wouldn't really need its own team though and I'm not aware of it existing if it does. For example.

I remember years ago they were supposed to have received 70k Grant for the nice grounds they have beside the hurling grounds in the Phoenix park Dublin. It was a decent clubhouse too with a bar and observation window.

Only ever say rugby and soccer played on it though.

I don't know about grants . But back in the day they had a relatively fine pitch and facilities compared to established GAA clubs located around them. Must have played GAA there at some stage

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Fulham Irish have the exact same colours as them - that is going to cause war I'd saw between the board and the two clubs!

Advertisement