Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3500 Gaming PC

Options
  • 11-09-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€3500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming =Fallout 4,GTA V,Battlefield,Arma 3....ect

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Monitor

5. Do you need a monitor? [No] Got an Acer XB270H for this build already

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] 144HZ

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes,for the craic
    8. How can you pay? [Paypal,Bank trans-fare,cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [In the next few weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin (No help needed)

The only thing that I'm sure of is that I'm going to use the Corsair 780T Case (It's gorgeous <3 )

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

3500 you say for 1080p gaming?

Are you trolling?
    For that price you could have a 4k monster machine with several displays and a silly build too.

For 1080p 1500 euro is more than enough. Still, its your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i7 6700k €400
    Z710 board €120
    2tb HDD €90
    512gb SSD €175
    980Ti €750
    600w PSU €90 (go modular)
    8gb RAM €60
    And your case? Too lazy to search it.

No point in going any more OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Redfox25 wrote: »
    3500 you say for 1080p gaming?

Are you trolling?
    For that price you could have a 4k monster machine with several displays and a silly build too.

For 1080p 1500 euro is more than enough. Still, its your money.

I'm genuinely not trolling,Posting this here for a friend of mine (Who doe's not use boards but is looking for advice,the words in the post are his) :)

Digy123 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely not trolling,Posting this here for a friend of mine (Who doe's not use boards but is looking for advice,the words in the post are his) :)

Cool, go with Digitals suggestions, thats an overpowered machine that will murder games at 1080p and probably at 1440p as well .

Hope he enjoys the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And even that is going mental overkill for 1080p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Throw another €500 at a really nice mech keyboard, an awesome mouse and a great set of headphones. If you still want to spend more you can throw another €1000 into watercooling. That plus Digitals build will set you back €3k but the extra €1500 I specced won't yield any more fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If you are spending that kind of money get a good high end 27" or 32" 2560x1440/144hz monitor otherwise it's a complete waste. You could even SLI 980ti's with that budget to push most games at that res and hz but even that is overkill.

If you are dead set on using the current monitor then I wouldn't bother with anything more than a good gtx 970 like the gigabyte g1 gaming and a standard i7 since you will never need to go SLI at that resolution.

You could even hit a 4k system with that money.
    Knock it back to 1500 and spend the 2k on girls and booze.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    You could even hit a 4k system with that money.
    Knock it back to 1500 and spend the 2k on girls and booze.

Or Steam Sales

:).

Or Steam Sales

:).
    Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No point in going any more OTT.
    This is true...

BUT

...just in case your friend has a money-spending addiction, or really really really wants to get as close to 144hz as possible at the highest settings, here's more of his budget spent/wasted:

The case seems to be €203 via Amazon.fr including shipping - could be cheaper elsewhere.

zhbt6p3.png
    + shipping (€30) = €2781, bringing his total up to €2984

For games where he doesn't care about reaching 144hz he can supersample correction: enable DSR and have a smoother look than standard 1080p and still have 40-60fps
    256 GB SSD M.2 boot & programs drive, 500GB SSD for games, 2TB HDD for media.

He could spend the extra €500 on a smallish 4K monitor or a nice sound setup if he hasn't got one, but I'd be inclined to wait until larger 4Ks come down in price if that's a thought in his mind. If he's got no noise concerns and he hasn't already got good speakers, get a nice surround sound system for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I've just done did a 4k capable gaming rig for €2500, but I'm pretty sure you could spend the extra grand on a second graphics card and better psu to support SLI. I'm pretty sure it can be done a lot cheaper than what I priced everything at. I made a lot of impulse buys.

Along the lines of:
    i7 5820k
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
    16gb gskills ripjaw 4 ddr4 ram at 2800mhz
    evga sc+ 980ti (double this up)
    samsung evo 850 ssd
    corsair c70 case
    corsair h110 cooler
    corsair rmi850 psu (upgrade to 1300 watt psu or more for sli, you could even go a lot higher if you were looking for a silent build)

I think if you look at the benchmark for the gains you get from SLI they're more prominent at 4k at up to 150% performance for certain games.

You could also look at getting the next unlocked cpu up from the 5820k, as the 5820k has only 28 pci lanes, where as the next ones up have 40 which would utilize the extra pci lanes the second and third motherboard have for sli, for if you wanted to add a third SLI 980.

I'd go Fury X CF if we're taking the total piss, as they're better than 980Tis.

We need OP to clarify if he's putting €3500 into a 1080p machine

He'll want Nvidia with the monitor he already has as it's Gsync.

T'would be nice if he was more specific, if he's really very serious about 100+ framerates.

If he is then 1080 and that monitor and that kinda power is grand. Total overkill in terms of 'necessary' but justifiable if he earns a lot of money, has no debts and really wants high FPS.

grindle wrote: »
    He'll want Nvidia with the monitor he already has as it's Gsync.

T'would be nice if he was more specific, if he's really very serious about 100+ framerates.

If he is then 1080 and that monitor and that kinda power is grand. Total overkill in terms of 'necessary' but justifiable if he earns a lot of money, has no debts and really wants high FPS.

Not really, when you can do the same at 2560x1440 for that money. 1080p is entry level resolution on pc these days.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Not really, when you can do the same at 2560x1440 for that money. 1080p is entry level resolution on pc these days.

I know where you're coming from but I also know where people are coming from in wanting the high framerate.

1440p is gonna drop his FPS. If he's an FPS-whore and is also fine with 1080p then FPS are going to mean more to him. Some favour FPS over resolution. Depends on distance of screen, size of screen, and horn for frames.

But personally, yes, I'd also get a 1440p screen or build downwards for 1080p and spend more elsewhere (in real life or on sound). Depends on what he wants.

A 390 or even a Fury build for E1500 or less is all the guy needs to feel a huge amount of bliss if he'd get rid of that monitor and buy FreeSync, but he says he has E3500 to spend and he already has a great Gsync monitor.

He just might love high framerates and want to play all these games on medium to get 120-144fps?!? Who knows?
    I know my build was ridiculous. That was the point of the budget. Ridiculous budget = ridiculous builds.
    No point building to your own low expectations if somebody gives a stupid-high budget and already has high-end parts that won't be maxxed out by that build.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Digital Solitudes build and keep the rest of the cash in hand till Spring 2016 for either a Pascal based nVidia GPU or a second 980ti for SLI, an Oculus Rift VR HMD, Oculus Touch and all the HOTAS Joysticks and Pedal and Wheels he'll be wanting for VR Gaming.

Current Maxwell cards are supposed to be awful for VR so I wouldn't over invest in them if you are interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

image_zpsgtqje2fd.jpeg

€3000 please

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

How'd you get your hands on an nVidia engineering sample??!? They usually only see the world outside the labs during press conferences :eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Don't tell me NVIDIA are now pulling that Moto Maker ****.

"Wood grain cooler and backplate [+$199]"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Looks like its just a rebranded 8800gtx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ah so thats the reason why they used wood screws.

Advertisement