Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson xp- 425 - PRINTING PROBLEMS!

Options
  • 11-09-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

HI, need expert adice.
    bought a pretty expensive printer - was promised that i could select black only printing.
    whch would mean i wouldnt have to buy colour cartridges at all..

its epson XP 425
    of course, everytime i try to print in grayscale black and white....the machine tells me i have to replace the CYAN. why?
    must i replace it (expensive!)
    and then select black and white printing......?
    is this correct....?
    seems like a money -making racket to me!! black and white needs cyan?!
    (ps i have selected band w printing by the way in settings)

any way round this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

From my experience with Canon printers there's a difference between Monochrome and Greyscale printing. Greyscale still uses the whole range of colours available while Monochrome uses just Black.

There are usually 2 places to select the mode, the printers custom control app or the default Windows printing preferences. For the Canon printer I use the Windows or Mac default control panel to select Mono and while I will still get warnings of low ink I can still continue printing.

Ken

Advertisement