Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whole floor and joist replacement cost?

Options
  • 11-09-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all. Just about to buy a house and received the survey report today. The report bothers me a little as it mentions that the whole ground floor, which is wooden floor and joists, is knackered and needs urgent replacement. Its approx 600 sq feet in total over two rooms and a hall. How much in general should this cost? Signing on Monday! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Back of a bit of skirting price here but depending on how knackered, knackered is but you wouldn't have much change if any out of 4k. If damp is the root cause prob higher to sort the damp issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

Thanks for that. Apparently it's just the fact that the original builder didn't put in any ventilation rather that damp. Thanks for the rough idea.appreciated.

That should include mineral wool insulation and membrane to bring it up to an up to date standard

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

I say about 5000euros.

I say about 5000euros.

Yeah it's near impossible to give an accurate idea with out seeing it. I suppose at least the op should have an idea now that 2k wouldn't cover it but shouldn't cost 10k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

Thanks guys. I talked to our builder today and he suggested a new concrete floor. With a finish it should be around 6 k Max . thanks again.

Advertisement