Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No service

Options
  • 11-09-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

My efibre and phone service was cut off suddenly today at 2pm (no dial tone). I contacted support and I was told there was a problem on my line, an engineer was booked and I was told it could be 3 working days (starting on Monday) before its looked at. I've never had an issue with the line before and have been on a solid 100/20 connection for over a year now so I'm puzzled.

I notice quite a lot of engineers at the fibre cabinet on a daily basis, is it possible that my line could have been physically disconnected by one of them? Will I have this downtime deducted from my next bill? It's fairly annoying having no service in the run up to and over the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

My efibre and phone service was cut off suddenly today at 2pm (no dial tone). I contacted support and I was told there was a problem on my line, an engineer was booked and I was told it could be 3 working days (starting on Monday) before its looked at. I've never had an issue with the line before and have been on a solid 100/20 connection for over a year now so I'm puzzled.

I notice quite a lot of engineers at the fibre cabinet on a daily basis, is it possible that my line could have been physically disconnected by one of them? Will I have this downtime deducted from my next bill? It's fairly annoying having no service in the run up to and over the weekend.
    Hi HellboundIRL

I can fully understand your feelings on this, has service resumed yet?

A refund is usually offered for service where it has not been repaired within the advised 3 working day timeframe and to request such please contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 or via WebChat at www.eircom.net/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Thank you Alan. The service resumed today at 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thank you Alan. The service resumed today at 2pm.
    Thanks for the update HellboundIRL

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement