Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGettians (Jury's Inn)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Hotel is on fire, 4 tenders called. It appears they have difficulty locating the fire due to smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Sounds a bit odd, there's smoke but no fire yet... Fire crews appear to be knocking down the front wall trying to find the fire.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/guests-evacuated-from-limerick-hotel-as-fire-services-tackle-blaze-31521014.html

Started in the boiler room according to the journal. Have to say, ye are on form tonight. 3 threads! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Started in the boiler room according to the journal. Have to say, ye are on form tonight. 3 threads! :pac:

I very nearly started a fourth one (looks like Phog's was the first thread).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

....anddddd not one of the media articles has got it right, as per usual.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Miike wrote: »

What details arw wrong? I've only read the article on the Indo's website.

An File wrote: »
    What details arw wrong? I've only read the article on the Indo's website.

Where it started, the scale of the fire, cause, tender deployment. Basically the only thing got right was it was a fire in a Limerick Hotel.

Miike wrote: »

Explain....
    Edit...just seen your answer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Explain.....

It was Miike in the kitchen with the candlestick what done it. /Cluedo

• Advertisement

In Limerick, Maine.

No Guarda I was in my office. I've a lullaby ;-)

....rock a bye baby in the tree top

So what actually happened? The fire brigade tore away a load of the wall over the entrance by the looks of it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: Threads merged!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

So what actually happened? The fire brigade tore away a load of the wall over the entrance by the looks of it

Insulation between the cladding/brick work caught fire apparently.

From the Independent (can't post the link):

"There were unconfirmed earlier reports the fire had started in a boiler room at the hotel, however sources within the fire service later said they were investigating a possible electrical fault."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I live just up the street & heard nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

Walked past on way home from the pub and they'd the whole front hacked down. Like, plaster EVERYWHERE.

Yip...a fair bit of the stone cladding ripped off over the main entrance...how a fire got in there??

Yip...a fair bit of the stone cladding ripped off over the main entrance...how a fire got in there??

Electrical. Nightmare for the fire brigade baceause they couldn't find the source for ages. Was the pub open last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Pub is open today anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Passed by it on sunday, they really had to tear open the front of the building
    fnv9mh.jpg

Jaysus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, that's scary that insulation can go on fire like that

Most of the external lights on that building were flickering over the course of the last few months anyway. I'm hardly surprised it went up. They fixed mst of the lights bar a few on the mid level that are STILL intermittently flickering today.

Advertisement