Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Laser Eye Surgery?

• 12-09-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Where is the cheapest place to get this done? I'm waiting on a consultation to see if I'm eligible but my budget isn't great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Go with one that has been around for a while. The fly by night operations may offer a cheap price, may be just as good as the others, but may not be there in a years time. Know of a few people who needed a "tweak" a year or so later, which was done for free as part of the warranty that they had gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PM_

the_syco wrote: »
    Go with one that has been around for a while. The fly by night operations may offer a cheap price, may be just as good as the others, but may not be there in a years time. Know of a few people who needed a "tweak" a year or so later, which was done for free as part of the warranty that they had gotten.

Yeah I was looking at ones that are reliable. You need to go to consultations for prices though. I think my eyesight is really bad so not sure if that makes it more expensive or if I'm even eligible. Going to go to optical express and see what they say.

PM_ wrote: »
    I think my eyesight is really bad
    The technologies now are better than what they were. Much astigmatism used to deny you laser, but now wavefront allows you to get it.

the_syco wrote: »
    The technologies now are better than what they were. Much astigmatism used to deny you laser, but now wavefront allows you to get it.

That's great to hear, didn't think it was possible. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭brennarr

Got mine done with optilase 6 weeks ago, highly recommend them. Free consultation before you go ahead with surgery which is great. Eye sight is perfect now, great for playing football.

To be honest, should of done it years ago.

If you want to use me as a refer a friend for €100 off your treatment Pm me.

• Advertisement

brennarr wrote: »
    Got mine done with optilase 6 weeks ago, highly recommend them. Free consultation before you go ahead with surgery which is great. Eye sight is perfect now, great for playing football.

To be honest, should of done it years ago.

If you want to use me as a refer a friend for €100 off your treatment Pm me.

How much did yours cost and were you able to claim the €500 back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭brennarr

How much did yours cost and were you able to claim the €500 back?

Yes I got the €500 discount and €100 refer a friend discount. Cost me €2400 total and I can claim 20% back on the med 1 form in January.

brennarr wrote: »
    Yes I got the €500 discount and €100 refer a friend discount. Cost me €2400 total and I can claim 20% back on the med 1 form in January.

So 2400 was the price after the €100 refer and €500 back? So it's about €1,500 per eye before that?

So 2400 was the price after the €100 refer and €500 back? So it's about €1,500 per eye before that?
    Do you have astigmatism, and if so, how much?

Lasek and Lasik can treat astigmatism up to 6, and wavefront is generally used after that.

Wavefront can add €500 extra per eye. Astigmatism is when your eyeball is not shaped normally, and thus the part of your eye that usually gets zapped is at another place. Wavefront maps its correct location.

Advertisement