Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA Small Business Centre Gardiner Street/Summerhill Redevelopment

Options
  • 12-09-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Used to pass this often and found a lot of anti social behavior around this spot.
    I witnessed two older ladies trying to calm a chinese lady down after someone tried to snatch her phone from her. Not to mention the numerous occasions I have seen thick plumes of black smoke coming from the park, but that may have been from a neighboring street. At least from the Summerhill side it looked for the most part like a public park that had simply had the gates shut on it, apart from the playground below it. Apparently at one stage it was some kind of business centre but those gates and the paint look like they had been closed a while.

Anyway I noticed that they have cleared loads of those trees, so a bit of googling later and it looks like there is student accommodation going in there. Personally. I think the best thing for that spot would be to clear the site and cover it in concrete. The Site itself is covered in cameras too. What do people think of the development in general. Will it be good for the area. Would you like your kids shacked up here. Plan includes bicycle parking for 286 bicycle. It would only take one eejit to not lock the door properly and someone would have their pick. Something about that spot next to the steps, in the last few months that has had the locals super on edge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The IDA site has been empty for almost a decade hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Looks like it's empty at least two, but maybe someone know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

any accommodation is better than none for students

Seen it today as well, completely wrecked with the windows smashed and fires having been lit at one time etc

Advertisement