Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time booking holidays, where to even start?

• 12-09-2015 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I am planning to go to either Norway or Sweden for holiday in around mid december for 7-10 days (I am flexible).

I've been looking around and well, it seems most travel websites in Ireland only offer warm country holidays for some reason, it seems snow/skiing/snowboarding isn't that mainstream.

Where would I even start? Are there any websites on such information?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Do you mean a DIY holiday, or would you try a group type thing?

I was tempted by this from Exodus and might consider it for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Op go to a travel agent - job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Op go to a travel agent - job done

Can they literally go through every step of holiday and give you various options? I thought they sold only in packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

arleitiss wrote: »
    Can they literally go through every step of holiday and give you various options? I thought they sold only in packages.

Of course its their job, my wife is a ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

For Norway look at the SAS website for flights. Also have a look at the site Norway in a Nutshell - they tailor your trip to suit you and send you all the tickets etc but you travel independently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement