Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 5 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    This game is all about getting more decisions right than wrong. Some of mine have worked out splendidly: Mahrez, Kolarov, Shaw, Myhill and even Benteke I feel to a lesser extent. 2 goals from five games isn't that bad.

Others have failed spectacularly the same as anyone else: Huth, Hazard, Ivan.

Going on last season, I do think we have a habit on here of overthinking. Benteke has 2 goals in 5 and Liverpool have had tough enough fixtures. I certainly think he's worth having. He's living on scraps alright but that didn't stop him at Villa.

That makes sense, I try not to moan too much but I've never had a worse prolonged run than this year, saying that it was only after week 5 last year that I broke into the top million, I won't do that tonight but hopefully next week. I am well aware it's a marathon, and this year it'll be easier to make ground probably because I am probably not alone in thinking that there are probably 500 people in the top 1k at the moment that I feel absolutely certain I will finish above, probably couldn't have said that with the same confidence last year (probably 950 if I'm being honest)

edit: have I used probably enough??:o (and me with a degree in English an all:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

Ugh, Mahrez has undone a lot of my good results yesterday. I have to bring him in, can't believe I haven't yet.

Same, been waiting too for form to go but today was the first time I watched him closely the whole match and he 's the real deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Lemlin wrote: »
    This game is all about getting more decisions right than wrong. Some of mine have worked out splendidly: Mahrez, Kolarov, Shaw, Myhill and even Benteke I feel to a lesser extent. 2 goals from five games isn't that bad.

Others have failed spectacularly the same as anyone else: Huth, Hazard, Ivan.

Going on last season, I do think we have a habit on here of overthinking. Benteke has 2 goals in 5 and Liverpool have had tough enough fixtures. I certainly think he's worth having. He's living on scraps alright but that didn't stop him at Villa.

Liverpool next two games are at home against Norwich and villa,I definitely think he'll score in both.

I think once sturridge is back in the fold. He'll play behind benteke, sturridge has great link up play. So the two should gel together well

If Richards keeps the assist, I'll finish on 47. Pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Dónal wrote: »
    If Richards keeps the assist, I'll finish on 47. Pretty happy with that.

Is there a concern that hell lose it?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

46 points I'm on with one to sub in from Gomez so I'll finish on 47.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

50 with Payet left, going in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

On 47, Westwood will sub on for Silva so I'll take 49 for the week thank you very much.

Still haven't cracked the 50 point barrier for a GW but I'm moving in the right direction and happy enough with my team.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mahrez means my 48 points looks a lot more average, hoping for something form Payet to push me ahead again.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mahrez bps look like winning 2 h2h matches for but with a total of 37 it has been another trying week.

Time to dump one or two, 2 ft plus a -4 not totally ruled out.

Now up to 144k. Thank christ for my defence and mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yessssss top million :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

69 all in. Delighted with that.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

69 all in. Delighted with that.

Great score this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    On 47, Westwood will sub on for Silva so I'll take 49 for the week thank you very much.

Still haven't cracked the 50 point barrier for a GW but I'm moving in the right direction and happy enough with my team.

Up from 884k last night to 766k tonight. Only had Mahrez today so I'll take that jump.

• Advertisement

If Kane had done anything it could've been so much better :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wow. 45(-4) and thanks to King Riyad back up from 400k yesterday to 335k, up 10k from last week.

Still the likes of payet and sahko to come and probably quite a few autosubs but if i end up not far back from where I started after my hit I'll be more than happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Will finish on 43, likely to mean nothing in terms of or

244 points sees me at 103k. If I got Gomez' 1 today, I'd probably be top 100k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

51 with Payet to go. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid it'll be my first time over 50 this season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

55 in total this week, a good haul for the week that's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Still haven't cracked any captaincy points in 5 gws but my 53 with Payet to go brings inside top 1m for first time this year. Tough to get going this year! What to do with Kane, Sanchez and even Kun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

50 all in when O'Shea subs in for Silva.

Delighted with that, a very good score this week and Myhill, Evans, Kolarov and Mahrez were the only players in my team that actually scored over 2/3 points. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

36 with Kouyaté to go, will see how the CL games go and decide what to do for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

51 All in.

DeLaet and Mahrez saving the week (the first one being a huge differential).

Would be nice if Payet stay quiet tomorrow.

Some green arrows and wins in h2h. Will take it.

Guy top of my mini league who captained Mahrez is now 548 in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Terrble GW considering i used my triple captain on Sanchez, started unreal, hit the post twice, how didn't he score?! 29 points with Payet to play tomorrow and Mahrez to come off the bench with 11 points. Really really hoping Payet can get me points tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Guy top of my mini league who captained Mahrez is now 548 in the world!

One of my mates (pretty decent player who seems to hoard all the bad luck) also captained Mahrez. Haven't seen too many go that way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

34 and 37 when D-Fletch comes in for Silva. 1.2m overall.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm the Arsenal of the FPL world. I like to play the game the right way and take a chance on a few players before they blossom. I'm really quite good but have a few blindspots that I never learn from and as such have a reputation. Once I'm out of the running I start playing well and have a great run and finish acceptably. I don't handle being in the lead well. I too rejected Yaya. However I don't perform well in the cups to go against this late evening theory :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

48 points all in and inside the top million for the first time this season.

Just looked at the top 10 of one of my private leagues (I'm 9th in it ATM) and sure enough only 4 from 10 own Mahrez, I'm one and the other three are people who are consistently fairly competitive, the others are playing week to week and it's worked for them so far but the gap is closing now. By Christmas, most of these will not be in the top million themselves.

As already stated here it's a long haul, I'm ~750000 right now, my team is fundamentally OK, I believe. I have yet to use the wildcard or any chips and I'm happy enough with the way it's going.

This week I'll ditch Azpi, probably for Shaw. And possibly lose Chadli for Sako. I'm gonna keep Hazard though. Because he's Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    One of my mates (pretty decent player who seems to hoard all the bad luck) also captained Mahrez. Haven't seen too many go that way though.

It was far from a terrible call tbh. If you didn't own Sanchez and concerned about jet lag Aguero it would be tempting but take balls. Certainly more sensible that Kompany (;) iroced)....

Admittedly I didn't have the balls required to captain Mahrez this week (and probably never will as such "ballsy" decisions have cost me dearly in the past) but I did vice captain him - a decision that I never take lightly. Ah, what might have been :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Not sure what happened with Silva and Sterling, last time I checked was Thursday and there was no injury news. So I kinda messed up there. Still got 49 points though, delighted with that. 239 points overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

47 points with Payet to come.

Leaves me in a season high position of 71k

Slight sore point is losing my h2h match, I had won 4 of 4 before this, he had Hoolahan that killed me!

Actually just remembered as I'm typing I'm not beaten yet he has a 9 point lead over me, I have Payet he has Kouyate, so a slim chance of a miracle still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

48pts with 3 to come from the bench. All done.
    Red arrow reversed with a glorious Sunday.
    Up just inside 60k with 251.

The start of the CL and the "injuries" to Silva Sterling etc. as well as the bpts for defenders means I'll be a bit more reluctant to auto-select my big money players as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

49 (-4) with Wanyama's 3 to sub in for Silva.

Just shy of 100k right now. 244 pts.

A good week which would have been great if I didn't give in to Benteke -> Wilson for -4.

iroced wrote: »
    49 (-4) with Wanyama's 3 to sub in for Silva.

Just shy of 100k right now. 244 pts.

A good week which would have been great if I didn't give in to Benteke -> Wilson for -4.

Exact same score as my good self although I do have Gomez to sub in with one to get me to 245.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Sitting on 40 for the week

Another captain fails (Sanchez) and the guy im playing in H2H beats me by 2 points because of that dodgy assist from Richards.

Another H2H I'm 5 behind with Payet to play and he has nobody. Queue a Payet red card the way my lucks going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Sitting on 40 for the week

Another captain fails (Sanchez) and the guy im playing in H2H beats me by 2 points because of that dodgy assist from Richards.

Another H2H I'm 5 behind with Payet to play and he has nobody. Queue a Payet red card the way my lucks going...
    I'd be emailing them about that Richards assist if I was you. He didn't touch it IMO.

• Advertisement

Whats the email? I don't think he touched it either, looked like Albrighton hit to him.

Never mind, message sent :P

I don't think anything will happen about it though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'd be nice if they took it away from him as I don't have him, but there's no chance they reverse the Richards assist IMO.

From the FPL site

Finalising Assists
    Assist points awarded by Opta within Fantasy Premier League are calculated using additional stats which may differ from other websites. For example, some other sites would not show an assist where a player has won a penalty.

For the avoidance of doubt, points awarded in-game are subject to change up until one hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made.

:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

From the FPL site

Finalising Assists
    Assist points awarded by Opta within Fantasy Premier League are calculated using additional stats which may differ from other websites. For example, some other sites would not show an assist where a player has won a penalty.

For the avoidance of doubt, points awarded in-game are subject to change up until one hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made.

They've gone against that in the past, but I don't see it happening here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

From the FPL site

Finalising Assists

They've changed it before way past the 1 hour deadline;)

Stop giving me hope lads hahaha, setting me up for a fall

I'll take a Payet goal to win at least 1 head to head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So I look to be 41 points away from the Top 100k. That'll probably increase by a point or two after tonight's game as well. What I'd do to just have a good start to a season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

Added up the Dream Team so far this week and it amounts to €55.3M.

Crazy game this year.

If you started it, people would have thought you mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Another captain fails (Sanchez)
    If you consider Aguero was largely the most capped this week, Sanchez was a half-success :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

44 all in, Mahrez saved my GW.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Added up the Dream Team so far this week and it amounts to €55.3M.

Crazy game this year.

If you started it, people would have thought you mental.

And the season to date dream team only costs £68.6m at current player prices. Admittedly its impossible to play as it contains 6 Man City players in a 4-5-1 formation with Callum Wilson as the solitary forward.

Crazy alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement