Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 5 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Finished on a lovely 59.

First decent week so far this season for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Strongly considering wildcarding now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

All out attack nice 1. It was very hard to bench any of your front 8 this week. Did your benched Def get a c.s.

Yeah Targett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah Targett

What does CSF stand for?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

55. Payet you legend.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    What does CSF stand for?:o

I used to be in a band when I was younger and didn't spend all my time obsessing over FPL stats and had more time to be dark and metal. CSF was the initials of the bandname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Fffix has me at 390k. Will take that and still bank the transfer. Bandwagon away Dimitri, we'll meet again....

Fffix way off.

Big big drop to 454k from 345k last week. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Huge drop in OR from last night, only had Westwoods 2 coming off the bench, no one playing tonight. Dropped from 766k last night to 876k tonight. Still up for the GW overall with my 49 points, and back into the top 1,000,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/911775/event-history/5/

What an OR jump; more than half my total points.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,963 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

My worst start to a season in 9 years of playing fpl. You would think I am trying to lose there are only 1m people doing worse then me and I have had 4 GW's with an OR over 2.2m.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Well done but lets be honest he fluked it he had rooney as captain and Payet was your VC. Also he had your triple captain played.
    Very jammy but fair play all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

46 - 4. Pedro, Ayew, Yaya, Wilson, Gomis and Aguero (c) with a grand total of 12pts between then. Payet and his 16pts sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

55 pts, thank's to Payet & Mahrez mostly!

Up from 323k to 143k o/a

Well done but lets be honest you fluked it you had rooney as captain and Payet was your VC. Also you had your triple captain played.
    Very jammy but fair play all the same!

Not my team, the highest scorer this GW. And it's pure madness in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

57, up to 242K from 493K. Mr Payet to thank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

265,557th place :pac:

Not my team, the highest scorer this GW. And it's pure madness in my book

Yeah I just noticed it wasn't your team. Crazy start to the season with the chips added in it only makes it more skewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

First red arrow of the season. Fell 40k places last night from 103k to 143k. Started the week at 141k so only a slight fall but unhappy to end my run of greens nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just shows how nuts the season has started.

My 66 points sees me jump from 940k to 290k overall! Some jump!

47, average but not terrible. Onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

63 points gives me a big OR bump from 664k to 227k. In the last two GWs I've come from the millionaire's club, so delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

56 thanks to Mr Payet. Sees me move up 622k to 844k, first time in 6 digits this season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Very small green arrow overall to 1.38m.
    Really hoped to go top million in week five his year to follow the progress I made last year.

193k. That's attractive given all the talk about 'casual' teams being at the top in the early stages.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

GW ranking of 78k gives me a rise of 1.1m up to an OR of 1.25m. Probably one of the largest rises I've ever had.

Still doing shít, but at least it's less shít.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

48 say me rise from 840k to 610k
    boring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

60 sees a very nice jump from 1.7m to 889k. Probably could have been a bit higher if it wasn't for Payet but I'm not gonna complain too much with all these lovely green arrows :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

67 points sees me with a GW rank of 44k and a jump up to 800k in the world. That's a little more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Up to 650K first time out of the millionaire club this season! Now to take a hit this week or not is the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I think that i learned about myself this season that I'm in the busts school of getting rid of the damn thing early.

Now that the potential advantage of holding it for a dgw is gone i reckon my first wildcard will never see past gw3 or 4 again.
    Yeah that's the attitude I had these past 2 seasons but my good start and the fact I both didn't need major surgery and didn't see any obvious defense rotation let me undecided...
    Coming back to last week, as soon as my WC transfers failed to go through I should have done the sensible thing and held off completely.
    Ah well, this game is about making more good decisions than bad ones, let's try not make this one too often :pac:...

Isn't there an idiom for when your triple captain doesn't play and gets subbed by a def with a CS while your vice gets 16 pts? Be a jammy beggar right :D?
    Lemlin wrote: »
    First red arrow of the season. Fell 40k places last night from 103k to 143k. Started the week at 141k so only a slight fall but unhappy to end my run of greens nonetheless.
    My 3 auto-sub points got me a slight green arrow from 130k to 125k.

The 22 pts I lost with my Payet + Benteke -> A.Ayew + Wilson would have put me inside top 20k. Shows how pointless rankings currently are.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Just shows how nuts the season has started.

My 66 points sees me jump from 940k to 290k overall! Some jump!
    I don't think it's nutter than the previous years. At this stage of the season, any great or crap GW will see you make either a huge jump or a big fall ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah Targett

still a nice boost if you had of benched payet in the end. As mentioned last week I was going to bring in mahrez to for a -4 to play my all out attack chip. Regret not doing it as it wouldve been a net gain of 5 pts. I honestly think anything above a 2 pt gain from the all out attack chip should be considered a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

55 thanks mainly to Mahrez and Poyet

Jumped from 1.3m to 808k, up 554k places :)

still a nice boost if you had of benched payet in the end. As mentioned last week I was going to bring in mahrez to for a -4 to play my all out attack chip. Regret not doing it as it wouldve been a net gain of 5 pts. I honestly think anything above a 2 pt gain from the all out attack chip should be considered a success.

Yeah, the all out attack worked simply because of who otherwise would have been benched, even though Depay, Ayew, Sakho, Wilson and Aguero all failed miserably.

I mean I could sit here and sulk because I didn't bench Depay and get Targett's 7 points and have a 6 point further gain with my chip intact, but realistically that isn't what I would have done so I'm looking at a 9 point bonus from the All Out Attack chip in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah, the all out attack worked simply because of who otherwise would have been benched, even though Depay, Ayew, Sakho, Wilson and Aguero all failed miserably.

I mean I could sit here and sulk because I didn't bench Depay and get Targett's 7 points and have a 6 point further gain with my chip intact, but realistically that isn't what I would have done so I'm looking at a 9 point bonus from the All Out Attack chip in reality.

Ye that's the exact way to look at it. I'd be interested to hear from other people that played the chip so far but I think a 9 pt boost is nearly as good as you can hope for. People may think a dgw could be better but when you factor in the other chips you can use instead and maybe the pts hits getting ready for it and then restoring ur team set up. I don't think many will do better out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Exact same, weird. Let's hope for a 40+ finish for us both.

Payet & Mahrez did the business, Sakho not much help, ended with 55pts, up to 143k OR.
    What you finish on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

37 points

1.3m

GW rank of 2.1m :D

Invincible wrote: »
    Payet & Mahrez did the business, Sakho not much help, ended with 55pts, up to 143k OR.
    What you finish on?

Ye that's the exact way to look at it. I'd be interested to hear from other people that played the chip so far but I think a 9 pt boost is nearly as good as you can hope for. People may think a dgw could be better but when you factor in the other chips you can use instead and maybe the pts hits getting ready for it and then restoring ur team set up. I don't think many will do better out of it.

I could never really imagine having anything close to 8 attacking players with 2 games in a DGW though so as you say I just used it when I thought the potential was there. I've 2 other chips that I want to use around DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Took Payet out for Ayew for a -4 hit.....why me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

42 points ; I rose 117.5k places to 1.81 million. Mahrez being the saviour from what could have turned out to be a mini disaster.

• Advertisement

Hahaha, only just noticed it was my first green arrow of the season from 1.44m to 1.3m :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

63 Points, jumped from 104k to 30k. I'm happy as a pig in chardonnay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Took Payet out for Ayew for a -4 hit.....why me?

did the same but in wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Green arrows every week so far, GW3 WC Sagna and Kolarov double up still delivering. 56 points up from 674k to 358k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sooo many red arrows. Everywhere except the FSA Premier where I'm up to second! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Another green arrow and now just inside top 75k
    Next week the fixtures pit a lot of my squad against each other so first dilemma will be picking a team with my head, not my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

All greens for me this week!

Managed 60 points - 56 with the 4 point hit.. won 2 outta 3 H2H's and won in the Finn Harps Cup so I guess not a bad week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Peoples opinions on Walcott. Will he play? Won't he? Is he worth a -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Too much of a rotation risk for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't do it to yourself. You'd be fretting over the team sheet every week, not worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement