Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minor Football Final

• 12-09-2015 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

Any chance that Tipperary will come in under the Radar and beat Kerry. The hurlers are back which is about the first time that they got a decent chance to train together.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Xenophile wrote: »
    Any chance that Tipperary will come in under the Radar and beat Kerry. The hurlers are back which is about the first time that they got a decent chance to train together.

No imo. A Kerry win for me. I'll be putting on the same bet this year as I had last year. The minors -3 and the seniors to win in a double.

Kerry look sting again this year. They haven't been wiping teams out as much as they were last year but still winning handily enough. They conceded the goal against Derry in the semi and never panicked. Just kept plugging away showing maturity for their age.

Saying all that I haven't seen Tipp play Tis year so I don't know what they're up to. My opinion is based on how string I think Kerry are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »
    No imo. A Kerry win for me. I'll be putting on the same bet this year as I had last year. The minors -3 and the seniors to win in a double.

Kerry look sting again this year. They haven't been wiping teams out as much as they were last year but still winning handily enough. They conceded the goal against Derry in the semi and never panicked. Just kept plugging away showing maturity for their age.

Saying all that I haven't seen Tipp play Tis year so I don't know what they're up to. My opinion is based on how string I think Kerry are.

What Kerry have this year is a very well-balanced team. There might not be that many in the way of blinding outstanding talents but there is a serious amount of very decent solid footballers in the squad.

Was at the first Tipp Kerry game and between that and Tipp's performance in the win over Kildare, I would be very surprised if Kerry don't get the win. Tipp look like they are relying on a far smaller number of more talented players to carry the team and don't look like they have the consistent level of decent talent throughout that Kerry have. Always tough to know with minors but this year's Kerry team seem very resolute.

Also Kerry have Jack O'Connor on the line, whose record at this level of football (between schools and minor teams) with teams probably matches anyone. That's aside from his success at senior level. Find it very hard to see a team "come in under the radar" against one of Jack's teams.

Based on various conversations I've had since Tipp beat Kildare, I'd say the minor team are surely sick to the back teeth of being warned against complacency and being warned about taking Tipp lightly just because they beat them already [I'm sick of hearing it anyway - the amount of times it has come up in conversations I''ve had; so far it's been the number one thing I've heard in terms of conversations about football the last while, far ahead of anything else related to the finals]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

That was the Munster final in Killarney wasn't it? Was at that too but had forgotten about it. I suppose that kind of answers the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have been very impressed with Kerry minors this year. Think Jack is actually improving if anything, they are a side that look so well coached particularly defensively and in transition.

If Marc O'Connor can play a full part then they should get over the line quite comfortably I think. He is a guy touched with greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »
    That was the Munster final in Killarney wasn't it? Was at that too but had forgotten about it. I suppose that kind of answers the question.

Yup - Kerry looked very comfortable winners from a long way out in this game and ran the subs bench fairly early iirc - You'd expect Tipp to up their performance from that game, but even still have to fancy Kerry

• Advertisement
Advertisement