Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crane window frame over a 2 story

Options
  • 12-09-2015 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Anyone any clue what this would cost me?
    Due to time constraints I've only had the time to email two companies but neither have replied.

thanks
    rob

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Anyone any clue what this would cost me?
    Due to time constraints I've only had the time to email two companies but neither have replied.

thanks
    rob

Email doesn't work for some things. You may have to pick up the phone and call them.
    Why hasn't the window supplier and installer priced for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

kceire wrote: »
    Why hasn't the window supplier and installer priced for this?

I found a very cheap 2nd hand one !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I found a very cheap 2nd hand one !

Agh, have you tried height for hire?
    Also, some of the companies that lift mobile homes into back gardens may do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

In the building trade its pointless emailing anyone for a quote. They get so many emails a day your best off ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Make sure you have an idea of distance and height it's gotta go over- I assume crane company will come out for a site inspection and pick up most issues-
    If you can plan on a bit for anything else that's be akward but possible to move cos you might as well shift it while you've a crane on site-

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

Are you looking for a one off crane for a one-day project?

You could try a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane but they're only really for project longer than four weeks so a telehandler might be a better way to go.

And phone is far better than email when it comes to construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

€450 - €650 depending on location/access.

I had cause to rent one near London lately - €827/day.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement