Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing accounts

Options
  • 12-09-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

After over 30 years I will be closing my current, savings and credit card accounts with BOI next week.
    One of them is a sterling account. Can the funds be transferred as sterling or will I be given a sterling draft or must the funds transfer to euros first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Beoga, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that you are considering closing your accounts with us and if we can help address any of your reasons for doing this, please let us know. 

To help address your transfer query, can you confirm if you hoping to transfer Sterling to Sterling or Euro to Euro and if this relates to a credit card account or current account. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beoga

Good Afternoon Beoga, 

We are sorry to hear that you are considering closing your accounts with us and if we can help address any of your reasons for doing this, please let us know. 

To help address your transfer query, can you confirm if you hoping to transfer Sterling to Sterling or Euro to Euro and if this relates to a credit card account or current account. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Its a sterling deposit account. I notice ye are offline for now so I will find out when I visit the branch on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Beoga wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Beoga, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Its a sterling deposit account. I notice ye are offline for now so I will find out when I visit the branch on Monday.
    Hi Beoga,

To close an account you can call into any Bank of Ireland branch, you will need to bring along photo ID and your account details. If you are unable to call into the branch you can send a signed request by post to your branch.

If you need the remaining balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to.

Alternatively you can arrange for the balance to be transferred to another account, we will require details of the beneficiary account such as the BIC and IBAN.

The contact details for our branches can be found here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement