Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ammo

Options
  • 12-09-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

lads anyone know where I can get some ammo for my swift 220 ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

hard enough to get that ammo these days for the swift and the prices are crazy,38 to 40 euro for a box of federal thats the main reason i got rid of my one.try duffys in galway or stakelums in tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

the gunstore in kilkenny have them for 41 euro a box best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Karl Sllan in Drumshambo co Leitrm stocks them. He had them on ballistic tip, moly coated ones and hollow points when i used to buy them. Think hes about 36-38 a box and 60 grain were about 30 a box. This is 220swift ammunition . Ive no number for him of hand but ring the shop its Gala supermarket, gun shop is up stairs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Most gun shops stock some sort of Swift ammo. Are you after something specific?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bunnystalker

No not really, just got one and want to try a few different rounds to see what works best. I should of looked around before I jumped in and bought one. I cant believe the price of the ammo. Any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My Father was mad for one of these for years and each time he brings t up i just remind him of the cost of the ammo. That soon changes his tune.

Now i know some lads will be thinking sure other ammo costs as much, but the thing is most other ammo has a selection from cheap to expensive. However the swift seems to have just one cost bracket - expensive.

As for what to try. Not really sure. I've shot a swift many times, but never owned one. MY mate went for either the 60gr Hornady or Winchester 55gr (i think it was 55gr). No difference in price between them. Have a look here for some other brands. The Remmy stuff seems cheap enough, but that is no goo if it doesn't work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement