Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Build Needed] €550 Gaming/Media Rig

Options
  • 12-09-2015 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all! I'm looking for some assistance, in terms of parts for this particular build. In terms of gaming, CSGO is the only game I'll be playing on the computer so future proofing isn't going to be 100% necessary.

So yeah, the €550 will be needed to build the computer in full without any of the external stuff (Monitor [this is going to be sorted, separate from the budget], KB&M, Headset). I would like the ability to watch media at 1080P (if possible...).

Just some notes and pointers for the awesome people that go ahead and assist me in the hunt for the right parts:

1. Intel CPU, not AMD.

2. GPU can be either Nvidia or AMD.

3. I don't require any OS, I'll be using Windows 7 Ultimate.

4. I will only be installing CSGO, VLC and the operating system alongside some smaller applications so if there is an option to get a nicely sized SSD for my main storage as opposed to the typical HDD, go for it. (In other words, I won't need any HDDs as I have 1TB external).

5. I'd preferably like to order from the EU and for anyone curious, I plan to order this build by the end of October so if split orders (2 maximum) are needed, it can be done.

Thanks all, I'll be keeping my eye out on the thread throughout the day so feel free to make some recommendations. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pentium G3220 €60
    2tb HDD €90 (always need more storage)
    GTX750 €100
    H81M board €50
    4gb RAB €30
    350w PSU €40
    250gb SSD €90
    €90 left for case.

Can save €90 on HDD, €30 on a GPU and about €70 on the case if you wanted lower powered parts. SSD for media storage is pointless IMO.

Buy from mindfactory (not the case), caseking, alternate, computer universe or Amazon.

Any questions, ask away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcjmcd

Hey, thanks for the quick response.

That build sounds great, the extra storage however will not be necessary. So let's remove the HDD.

As for the GPU, would 1GB be enough or would it be more reasonable to opt for 2GB? I'm not quite sure on the specifics.

I've seen some people recommend the Intel Pentium G3258, would it offer more performance than the G3220? Is it worth the extra €5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The G3258 is only worth it if you're going to overclock it which isn't really necessary in your case with those uses. I would stick with the G3220, at least you still have the S1150 socket so an upgrade to i3 or i5 down the line is easy.

GTX750 2GB is around the same price as a 1GB model if you get a basic one so yes, absolutely worth going for considering it's not really any extra, again won't make a difference in CS GO though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcjmcd

The G3258 is only worth it if you're going to overclock it which isn't really necessary in your case with those uses. I would stick with the G3220, at least you still have the S1150 socket so an upgrade to i3 or i5 down the line is easy.

GTX750 2GB is around the same price as a 1GB model if you get a basic one so yes, absolutely worth going for considering it's not really any extra, again won't make a difference in CS GO though.

Sounds good, so just stick with the G3220. Thanks for the input! From YouTube videos, it would appear that the G3220 paired with the GTX750 provides great performance (More than I would have thought).

I'll arrange the order for the parts next month and in the mean time, get the case sorted this month to have it ready. Thanks guys! :)

Advertisement