Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies at DBS

Options
  • 12-09-2015 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

Was just wondering if anyone here has taken this course

http://www.dbs.ie/journalism-media-studies/evening-diploma

I've been accepted to it, so should be starting at the end of September (once I pay!)

Just wanted to hear people's impressions, what I can expect, would you recommend it, etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bump...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zipzorp

Did you do this course?? i've been accepted to start this september (2016)

Yes I did it. Found it terrific. You get out of it what you put into it. Read as much as possible of the stuff that Paul recommends. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zipzorp

Can I ask if you found a job in the field following the course? i'm currently working in finance but hoping to complete the course and that it will lead me into a more creative job?

I got a job with a news agency but as a web developer which I was already doing :) I'm in a good position to move into the journalism side though if I want. However I think my case is a bit peculiar. The DBS course would not in and of itself get you a job in journalism, which is very competitive even for people with postgraduate qualifications. But if you throw yourself into it and develop a portfolio of features, interviews, documentaries, etc, then you may be in with a shout. It covers a lot of stuff in shallow detail, I thought it was great value for money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement