Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progress has stalled! help!

Options
  • 12-09-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm back horseriding in the last 2 yrs after a number of years break. I was very experienced when younger, and having done a few terms of group lessons I feel like I'm halfway there. But now I've stalled. I
    'm eager to do some showjumping, xcountry and/or charity rides but unfortunately can't afford to buy my own horse, also nervous about making the commitment to half share a horse in case I'm unable to keep up with the financial commitment on a long term basis. I use to love going into an arena on my own and schooling a horse, popping over some jumps or trying my hand at some dressage. I'm aware you can rent some horses for the day for xcountry or charity rides but I'd like that one on one time aswell with the horse to get a feel for it before jumping into competing. Also I'd like for myself and the horse to progress together.

I know I'm asking a lot, and best solution is probably buy or share but it's worth a chance to ask are there any riding schools close to Dublin that can facilitate something like this? Thanks a mil for your advice!!
    Liz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aoifemcd

Some riding schools may lease horses so you can get that one on one with them and have certain days of the week for a fee. Maybe try your local riding school and they may offer it?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

aoifemcd wrote: »
    Some riding schools may lease horses so you can get that one on one with them and have certain days of the week for a fee. Maybe try your local riding school and they may offer it?

This ^^^^
    I would certainly contact your local Riding School and see what they can offer you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

bob1984 wrote: »
    This ^^^^
    I would certainly contact your local Riding School and see what they can offer you :)

yep deffo, I think its a good way to get going, did it myself and learned so much. Well recommended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Are you based in Dublin Lizcent? If so, north or south side?

Advertisement