Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Legacy Outback 2.0 vs Honda Accord 2.0

Options
  • 12-09-2015 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi folks

I'm looking at these 2 options around 5000

2005 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.0 petrol, automatic, full leather, sunroof, full service history and timing belt done (from dealer) 93K miles - €4900

2007 Honda Accord 2.0 petrol, type S, 122K miles, some service history (private sale) - €4000

I just do around 8K miles per year, mainly in town.

I would prefer the Accord, nicer and cheaper to buy, also I do not need the 4WD

I just drove the Subaru and I like it. Full service history could be a peace of mind.

What would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I would pick the accord they are lovely car. Had one myself an 09 for last car. One of the most reliable you can buy prob. I also think be easier to maintain than the Subaru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vikkthor

Gavman84 wrote: »
    easier to maintain than the Subaru.

you mean cheaper?

I went through the recipts fo the Subaru and has clutch, timing belt and gearbox replaced + uregular servicing + new tyres. Also the owners were pature people so car never been abused.

Car shoud run perfectly for the next 3 years with no problem.

I heard Accord engine are bullet proof. Also Type S is a looker and cheaper on petrol (even though for short school, runs won't make a great difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Subaru will be a good bit thirstier than the Accord. Unless you need 4wd and an estate then the Accord makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Are you sure the Outback has a 2.0litre engine? I thought they were only available in 2.5?

Are you sure the Outback has a 2.0litre engine? I thought they were only available in 2.5?

sorry it's not an Outback, just regular Legacy estate, 2.0L non turbo

• Advertisement

Which one of those would you recommend?

2005 Honda Accord 2.0 Executive
    - UK import
    - 3 owners
    - full service history from Honda dealers
    - 100K miles
    - €3,900

cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-vtec-executive-leather-ser/10236236

2007 Honda Accord 2.0 Type S
    - Irish car
    - 2 owners
    - some service history
    - 122K miles
    - €4000

cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-type-s/10208908?offset=3

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.0 Estate Automatic (non turbo)
    - Irish car
    - 3 owners
    - full service history (new timing belt and new gearbox)
    - 96K miles
    - €4800

carsireland.ie/1330672

thanks a lot

Advertisement