Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culture Night 2015

Options
  • 12-09-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Re Culture Night 2015 - I see some Dublin events are already booked out but can't see any way of booking the one I want online? I have emailed them but don't want to lose out if I can book online in the meantime.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

According to the brochure you should check venue listings for details of how to book so I guess they are all separately run.
    I've the brochure in front of me here if you want me to check anything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh judging by last year its a waste of time, queues out the door and up the street at most venues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Bambi wrote: »
    tbh judging by last year its a waste of time, queues out the door and up the street at most venues

I find that the best strategy is to visit smaller, less known places or to go out to Dun Laoghaire etc. All the popular ones are mobbed!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Anything that's only opened for the first time is usually mobbed alright but most other things calm down later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mhge wrote: »
    I find that the best strategy is to visit smaller, less known places or to go out to Dun Laoghaire etc. All the popular ones are mobbed!

I did that last year and found out that the less well known options were like that for a reason :D

I actually tried down around parnell square because it mentioned a pop up library which I thought my old school being opened up for the night ( its going to be the new central library) it was actually a poxy library van parked outside :mad:

Anyway, back into town fairly late and find everywhere else is out the door, mostly impoverished foreign students who'd queue up to spit on a duck so long as it was free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Last year was busy alright but so long as you avoid the most obvious spots you should be grand.

Last year I went to visit the Mendicity Institution down on the quays which I walk past nearly every day. They had a recreation going on of what the place was like back in the 1800's (grim) and an account of the building's role in the 1916 Rising, which is what I was most interested in.

Well worth a look - and I even got a free bowl of soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

miamee wrote: »
    According to the brochure you should check venue listings for details of how to book so I guess they are all separately run.
    I've the brochure in front of me here if you want me to check anything in it.

Thanks - I know the particular venue well - I will phone them tomorrow.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Free event in Kilruddery, a bit out of the way but less likely to be mobbed http://www.killruddery.com/whats-on/culture-night/

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Christ Church Culture Nite Live http://www.mcnmedia.tv/camera/church-of-ireland/

St Mary’s Pro Cathedral Nite Live http://www.mcnmedia.tv/camera/st-marys-pro-cathedral/

Advertisement