Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've already done Huth to Nyom to save value, though he's not necessarily part of my preferred first XI.

I have 1 FT left, but I'm tempted to take a -4 to do the following:

Sakho & Bentaleb out
    Iglaho & Mahrez in

Leaves a front 8 of:

Ozil, Pedro, Yaya, Payet, Mahrez
    Aguero, Benteke, Iglaho

...where 3-5-2 would be the default formation, Iglaho generally 1st sub.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I've already done Huth to Nyom to save value, though he's not necessarily part of my preferred first XI.

Sakho & Bentaleb out
    Iglaho & Mahrez in

Leaves a front 8 of:

Aguero, Benteke, Iglaho

Any thoughts?

Payet is playing Man City so I wouldn't really expect much from him. I might sub him myself but I'll wait for a while yet. I'd also pick Wilson over Ighalo if you have the funds. Ighalo's goal last weekend wasn't anything special that you would say would happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Payet is playing Man City so I wouldn't really expect much from him. I might sub him myself but I'll wait for a while yet. I'd also pick Wilson over Ighalo if you have the funds. Ighalo's goal last weekend wasn't anything special that you would say would happen again.

It was just a predatory instinctive goal....

SantryRed wrote: »
    It was just a predatory instinctive goal....

I still would go for Wilson. Bournemouth have the better fixtures and have scored more goals than Watford. When the two clubs meet eachother, BM are at home as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can anyone pick a transfer here. I can't except to take Martin out perhaps for someone. Transfer will be lost if not used. No money in the bank.

Myhill, McCarthy
    Gomez, Shaw, Martin, Kolarov, Muniesa
    Mahrez, Silva, Wanyama, Sanchez, Payet
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can anyone pick a transfer here. I can't except to take Martin out perhaps for someone. Transfer will be lost if not used. No money in the bank.

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Nope. Ideal team to bank a transfer this week.
    In addition I guess most players are rising. So an almost perfect situation to be in IMO ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Martin to Nyom or Wanyama to Fletcher (if he drops)

iroced wrote: »

Post seems to suggest already on two FTs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Not really, I think that's as good as it gets really. Myhill potential rotation risk in a few weeks but I'd hang on to him and hopefully get the .1

Muniesa ? Not very attacking could look at maybe Francis from Bournemouth ? Same goes with Martin but they're sideways moves for the sake of it really.

• Advertisement

In addition I guess most players are rising. So an almost perfect situation to be in IMO ;).

Transfer will be lost though. It has 2 for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Post seems to suggest already on two FTs
    Ah right...

Wanyama is far from dropping at the moment so maybe a def for Martin. I guess the plan is Kolarov & Shaw every week. So some analyses are needed here to find the 3rd piece of rotation with Gomez & Muniesa. Pb is these 2 don't really rotate well (simultaneous favourable home fixtures). And Norwich actually offers a great rotation (favourable fixtures for 'Pool & Stoke away GW8 & 9). Problem only starts to arise for GW11 ('Pool away to Chelsea, Norwich away to City & Stoke away to Newcastle). Saints (3 CS in a row) are home to Bournemouth for this very GW, so maybe a longer view than FFS 6 ticker over a 'Pool/Stoke/Saints rotation would give you a better answer ;).

Ah right...

Wanyama is far from dropping at the moment so maybe a def for Martin.

If Fletcher drops before Saturday. I think he's a better 5th mid than Wanyama

Not expecting anything from Payet but I'll still play him after last night's performance. Can't afford Wilson in for Sakho - will only have 5.5 to play with after I bring Mahrez in for Bentaleb. Had considered Kone but not convinced by him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Jayz, identical to me except your Myhill, Shaw and Wanyama = my De Gea, Ward and Surman.

In my case I've two FTs as well and will probably move Ward on for someone if nobody cops an injury in the CL. In your case, nothing springs to mind, "hopefully" someone will get injured in Europe to give you an easy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Right lads,

Wrecking my head already this week about transfers!

Ruddy , Mc Carthy

Bellerin, kolarov, lovren, huth, s.taylor

Payet, Yaya, Montero, Mahrez, Sanchez

Aguero, Rondon, Kone

have 2.8 in the bank and was looking at taking in either Coutinho for Montero or Benteke for Rondon.

Might take out Aguero either depending on how injured he is..Aguero is causing way too much headaches this year!!!

• Advertisement

I'm thinking Muniesa to Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Please relieve my transfer headache this week!!

Current team is:

Cech-McCarthy
    Shaw-Kolarov-Naughton-Gomez-Targett
    Ayew-Sanchez-Pedro-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Aguero-Wilson-Gomis

Any advice?
    I would ideally like Benteke in for the 2 home games. Or maybe even Coutinho as a differential. Silva is another I would like in.
    Unfortunately I am 0.1m short of my proposed Gomis/Pedro to Benteke/Silva!!

Think I will keep Aguero as he should be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

I'm in a similar enough situation where I'm possibly looking to move on one of Martin or Muniesa. I'd rather Muniesa over the next 6 GW.. He has the type of fixtures that he'd be a decent starter/first sub most of the next 6GW. Having said all that neither Stoke nor Norwich look like racking up the clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Right lads,

Ruddy , Mc Carthy

Aguero, Rondon, Kone

have 2.8 in the bank and was looking at taking in either Coutinho for Montero or Benteke for Rondon.

Might take out Aguero either depending on how injured he is..Aguero is causing way too much headaches this year!!!

Huth -> C.Dawson or Ruddy -> De Gea

lougal88 wrote: »
    Please relieve my transfer headache this week!!

Current team is:

Cech-McCarthy
    Shaw-Kolarov-Naughton-Gomez-Targett
    Ayew-Sanchez-Pedro-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Aguero-Wilson-Gomis

Any advice?
    I would ideally like Benteke in for the 2 home games. Or maybe even Coutinho as a differential. Silva is another I would like in.
    Unfortunately I am 0.1m short of my proposed Gomis/Pedro to Benteke/Silva!!

Think I will keep Aguero as he should be fit.

I would save FT personally; that's a nice team. If Aguero is out for a while, then get Benteke in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Muniesa/Martin to Nyom seems good.

Rikand wrote: »
    Muniesa/Martin to Nyom seems good.

Martin 89% to a rise though, so might be worth keeping ;)

Right lads,

Ruddy , Mc Carthy

Aguero, Rondon, Kone

After Naismith's hatrick on the weekend, I wouldn't be sure if Kone would start. I'd definitely keep Aguero unless he's ruled out for two weeks. He'll come around eventually. Benteke for Rondon looks spot on. Or you could do Rondon to Gomis and Montero to Ozil. Plenty of options to play with!

Myhill - McCarthy
    Kompany - Darmian - Schlupp - Gomez - Richards
    Mahrez - Yaya - Payet - Redmond - Sanchez
    Aguero - Benteke - Kone

Two free transfers and .8 in the bank.

Would I be mad to go:
    Aguero - Wilson (I'll buy back Aguero as soon as he looks like doing something)
    And Richards - Kolorov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sakho & Bentaleb out
    Iglaho & Mahrez in

Leaves a front 8 of:

Aguero, Benteke, Iglaho

Any thoughts?

What about just one transfer?
    Sakho for Vardy, Diouf, Wilson, Gomis?
    Can definitely appreciate the 5 man mid approach atm though.

ElTel wrote: »
    What about just one transfer?
    Sakho for Vardy, Diouf, Wilson, Gomis?
    Can definitely appreciate the 5 man mid approach atm though.

Mahrez gives me nightmares as every week that I don't have him goes by. I don't want to get rid of my 4 main mids, so if I want to do Bentaleb to Mahrez Sakho has to go for a cheaper forward. I could just do the latter transfer this week, but Mahrez will surely go up again in the meantime and I've already missed a lot of his rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Aguero on the bench tonight so good chance he'll be available the weekend id say.

Mahrez gives me nightmares as every week that I don't have him goes by. I don't want to get rid of my 4 main mids, so if I want to do Bentaleb to Mahrez Sakho has to go for a cheaper forward. I could just do the latter transfer this week, but Mahrez will surely go up again in the meantime and I've already missed a lot of his rises.

Have the same problem too with Anya in midfield.
    Looks like Igahlo at least gets the minutes each week so is the best in that price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

shano_88 wrote: »
    Aguero on the bench tonight so good chance he'll be available the weekend id say.
    Barring further injury tonight, with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and a good Saturday morning in bed watching Narcos on Netflix for recovery, I'd say that is a cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I would save FT personally; that's a nice team. If Aguero is out for a while, then get Benteke in

Yeah I'm just worried that Benteke could do a Suarez and run riot on Norwich!!

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm just worried that Benteke could do a Suarez and run riot on Norwich!!

I've brought Benteke in for a -4 for Kane, but it was a close call with Gomis. If you really wanted him, I guess I'd do Pedro and Gomis to Yaya and Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've brought Benteke in for a -4 for Kane, but it was a close call with Gomis. If you really wanted him, I guess I'd do Pedro and Gomis to Yaya and Benteke

Would you not wait till after their game in case of injury?

Martial goal tonight and I may buy him

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would you not wait till after their game in case of injury?

Martial goal tonight and I may buy him

I was going to wait until it seemed like Kane was going to drop before Thursday. I'm willing to risk it, wildcard in my back pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Shaw out I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Luke Shaw injured in CL game, big loss for Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

That Shaw injury looks horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Shaws definetly out for the season and probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Jesus. Just saw the Shaw image on Twitter. Looks horrific--legs broke in bits. Poor fella is gonna be on the sidelines for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Transfer will be lost though. It has 2 for this week.

I said a few weeks ago that things are stacking up for you this year, lovely looking team and now that Shaw injury gives you a good reason to use that transfer and gain an advantage on his other owners.:)

• Advertisement

I said a few weeks ago that things are stacking up for you this year, lovely looking team and now that Shaw injury gives you a good reason to use that transfer and gain an advantage on his other owners.:)

That's not my team I posted. I also have Shaw though!

Shaw out for someone probably nyom. Will monitor his price change to see if I need to do it this week or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

With that injury to Kompany I'll probably swap him to Kolarov for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have 1 FT, 1.0 in the bank.

Team is -

Begovic (Schmeicel)
    Kolarov, Dawson, Alderweireld, Gomez (Ward)
    Mahrez, Ayew, Silva (Sako, Pedro)
    Gomis, Aguero, Wilson

Thinking of getting rid of Gomez or Pedro...or possibly one of Gomis or Ayew...thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Shaw out Nyom in.

Team is -

Begovic (Schmeicel)
    Gomis, Aguero, Wilson

Thinking of getting rid of Gomez or Pedro...or possibly one of Gomis or Ayew...thoughts?

Save it at least until Thursday night and if all is fine re. injuries I would probably still bank it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Team is -

Begovic (Schmeicel)
    Gomis, Aguero, Wilson

Is Pedro not a bit dear to have on the bench?

I know he might be injured, but unless you know that for def, i wouldn't be benching him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is Pedro not a bit dear to have on the bench?

I know he might be injured, but unless you know that for def, i wouldn't be benching him

He's just there for the moment really, had him playing last GW. Although with Chelsea's current form I'd be surprised if they do well against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Looking at

Shaw -> Martin
    Sakho -> Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Pedro to Sanchez? yes, you read that right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Team is -

Begovic (Schmeicel)
    Gomis, Aguero, Wilson

Wouldn't move ayew- and can't ever justify leaving Pedro on bench???
    If your considering that then just dump Pedro- barkley/ payet/ ozil lots of options for you
    Def is strong but- as a pool fan i'd dump Gomez, ward has a knock so dump him first. Strong overall team but your money (subs) is very spread out so when Sanchez etc explodes you'll have trouble getting him in,

• Advertisement
Advertisement