Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pedro to Sanchez? yes, you read that right

Pedro a doubt for CL game with thigh strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

skippy15 wrote: »
    Wouldn't move ayew- and can't ever justify leaving Pedro on bench???
    If your considering that then just dump Pedro- barkley/ payet/ ozil lots of options for you
    Def is strong but- as a pool fan i'd dump Gomez, ward has a knock so dump him first. Strong overall team but your money (subs) is very spread out so when Sanchez etc explodes you'll have trouble getting him in,

Ward won't be out for long, I'd keep him, 2 goals so far and Palace playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Torn between bringing in Benteke or Silva.
    I may need to get Shaw out aswell depending on price drops.
    Gomis/Pedro would be the ones to make way. Not overall delighted about shipping out Gomis but Benteke has better fixtures.

Any thoughts? Or would you be banking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My own team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Shaw Kolarov Gomez Huth Saylor
    Pedro Sterling Ayew Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

Who are people shifting Shaw for? Doing a sideways swap for Darmian?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    My own team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

Darmian is already on three yellows(I'm sure you know that).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Thoughts on Pedro to Payet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My own team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

I have Darmian but I'm considering selling after the Sunderland game for Bellrin or Dier.
    Dier seems to be getting on about points and penalty area on set pieces with his defensive midfiled position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

My own team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

Thinking Sagna myself, considering doubling up on City defence. Already have Kolarov.

3 of next 4 at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

djPSB wrote: »
    Thinking Sagna myself, considering doubling up on City defence. Already have Kolarov.

3 of next 4 at home.
    Zabaleta can't be far away? Otherwise I'd do the same.

My own team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

Had intended doing Azpilicueta -> Bellerin, but did Huth -> Evans due to impending price drop.
    Already have Kolarov & Target so looks like Shaw -> Bellerin for -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Went Azpi > Bellerin. Have a nice 0.8m itb and 1 more free transfer.

Are Arsenal's fixtures good?

Not the greatest but Belrin offers quite a bit going forward.

A Man City double up not the worst option but pinpointing two starters with rotation incoming is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Next 6 aren't the easiest, I'd say Watford A is the only one where I'd expect a cleanie. However, Chelsea and ManU are both misfiring and Bellerin has looked awesome going forward/crossing the ball

Chelsea A
    Leicester A
    Man Utd H
    Watford A
    Everton H
    Swansea A

Invincible wrote: »
    Chelsea A
    Leicester A
    Man Utd H
    Watford A
    Everton H
    Swansea A

Not good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who would people suggest as a Courtois replacement? I can have anyone except Hart. I fear Myhill losing his place and don't quite trust Chelsea/Begovic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Courtios to Hart already done.

Was tempted by Azpil to Kompnay/Kolorov. How serious is Kompanys injury?

Need to get rid of Shaw now also. Any recommendations on a suitable replacement similar value

Also whats the status on Kun. Will probably bench if its not serious

Who would people suggest as a Courtois replacement? I can have anyone except Hart. I fear Myhill losing his place and don't quite trust Chelsea/Begovic

I've gone for Gomes. Butland has nice fixtures and Cech is an option if you have no Arsenal defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm suprised by the lack of interest about Southampton defense. They're on 3 CS in a row and their fixtures up to GW18 (end of the WC1 period) are:
    Man Utd (H)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Man City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Arsenal (H)
    8 home games (all "cleansheetable") 5 away. We could be looking at a realistic 7/8 CS (add 'Pool & Sunderland away & remove 2 home fixtures). 55-60% of CS. Am I seeing them stronger than they are?

iroced wrote: »
    I'm suprised by the lack of interest about Southampton defense. They're on 3 CS in a row and their fixtures up to GW18 (end of the WC1 period) are:
    Man Utd (H)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Man City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Arsenal (H)
    8 home games (all "cleansheetable") 5 away. We could be looking at a realistic 7/8 CS (add 'Pool & Sunderland away & remove 2 home fixtures). 55-60% of CS. Am I seeing them stronger than they are?
    Just holding out with Targett for now

Any logic in doubling up on the Pool defence? It served me well for the first 3 Gws. They were shocking against West Ham at home I admit, but 2 decent fixtures at home coming up. Would it be madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Man Utd (H)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Man City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Arsenal (H)

Hadn't fully looked at my Shaw replacement options but Saints now firmly an option. Cheers!

Belerin is the obvious one but dreadful fixtures. May go for Cedric for now and consider Bellerin in month or so.

Edit: anyone know why Cedric was taken off with 15 to go vs WBA? Is there a better Saints defender option? Van Dyk and Fonte not really worth an extra 0.4/0.5 and too early for Betrand who might be worth the extra.

Bellrin ruled out of tonight's match, unsure how serious an injury he has.

Man Utd (H)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Man City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Arsenal (H)

I'd only be interested in Cedric and after Liverpool A.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Bellrin ruled out of tonight's match, unsure how serious an injury he has.

He and Ramsey are rested. Mertesacker left behind after minor car crash

FHFC wrote: »
    Edit: anyone know why Cedric was taken off with 15 to go vs WBA? Is there a better Saints defender option? Van Dyk and Fonte not really worth an extra 0.4/0.5 and too early for Betrand who might be worth the extra.

He's been taken off the last two (which could be a good thing depending if you worry about losing late cleanies). I presume to do with switching formation to attack the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just did Huth -> Nyom as my housekeeping transfer of the week. Was tempted to go for Utd cover, but I'm not quite sure who'll benefit from Shaw's injury as it could be McNair, Blind or Rojo slipping into that position now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Went Pedro to Payet and Romero to DDG for a 4 pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Probably getting a WBA defender in for Shaw,
    alternatives are a sideways switch to Darmian, Bellerin, Dier or Cresswell.
    I'm finding this decision to be a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote: »
    Any logic in doubling up on the Pool defence? It served me well for the first 3 Gws. They were shocking against West Ham at home I admit, but 2 decent fixtures at home coming up. Would it be madness?

If you have Shaw (I brought him in early this week chasing a price rise!) I don't think its madness short term up to next international break as long as your defence can cope in GW8 when Liverpool are away to Everton.
    I'll be doing a -4 to get him out but don't like the fixtures for my preferred choice Bellerin (also considering Koscielny )
    I don't want to double up on west brom. (already have Myhill)
    Southampton long term look good but I already have Yoshida who is unlikely to be first choice!
    Oh the perils of early transfers.

Man Utd (H)
    Swansea (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Man City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Spurs (H)
    Arsenal (H)

Good point. Looking at West Ham, they have 3 clean sheets in five and their next few fixtures look decent after Man City.

Norwich (h)
    Sunderland (a)
    Palace (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Watford (a)
    Everton (h)
    Spurs (a)
    West Brom (h)

Chelsea is the only game I'd have reservations about. Reid is 5.0 and can grab the odd goal. I'm thinking I might go Shaw to Cedric this weekend and then Huth to Reid next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Think I'm gonna go with Swansea replacement for Shaw. Always good at the back, especially with Williams playing well. Fixtures look good too:

Gameweek 6 Everton (H)
    Gameweek 7 Southampton (A)
    Gameweek 8 Spurs (H)
    Gameweek 9 Stoke (H)
    Gameweek 10 Aston Villa (A)
    Gameweek 11 Arsenal (H)
    Gameweek 12 Norwich (A)
    Gameweek 13 Bournemouth (H)
    Gameweek 14 Liverpool (A)
    Gameweek 15 Leicester (H)

Question is, which one to get? I'm thinking Naughton at the moment.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna go with Swansea replacement for Shaw. Always good at the back, especially with Williams playing well. Fixtures look good too:

Gameweek 6 Everton (H)
    Gameweek 8 Spurs (H)
    Gameweek 9 Stoke (H)
    Gameweek 11 Arsenal (H)
    Gameweek 12 Norwich (A)

I brought Naughton in last week thinking Watford don't score many.
    But looking at those fixtures it's a good call I think. He does like to get forward.
    I didn't even realize they have 3/4 at home next.
    I'm reconsidering my Gomis-Benteke transfer now.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Gameweek 6 Everton (H)
    Gameweek 8 Spurs (H)
    Gameweek 9 Stoke (H)
    Gameweek 11 Arsenal (H)
    Gameweek 12 Norwich (A)

I'd have him over Williams too.
    Definitely a good long term move but I just don't fancy them atm having watched them against Watford but I wouldn't let that put you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Depay to Coutino (have Benteke)
    Redmond to Ayew (have Gomis)
    Pedro to Sanchez

Undecided between these 3, seems a waste to do Pedro to Sanchez this week but if I want to do it in the future I can't upgrade Redmont to Ayew. Will probably stick to the original plan of Depay to Coutino after putting it in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

mm is it time to dump hazard now? with the nice 3 home fixtures coming up I was going to try keep him but after the penalty miss and Oscar taking the second pen I wonder is hazard off penalties now or just didn't take the second as he already missed one in that game

The only player I really see as being worth bringing in for hazard is Silva, but I also want kolorov and already have aguero and toure from city.

Advice here lads. Already took a 4 point it to bring in Hart for Courtios.

Need to off load Shaw (tempted by Saints/Naughton cover) and Azpil to Kolorov
    Who do i off load first??? Not taking 8pt hit

Team at the moment

Hart (Schmeichel)
    Shaw(inj) Huth Cédric (Bench Azpil(not keeping cleanies and Ward(palace inj)
    Depay Yaya Touré Mahrez Cabaye Payet
    Pelle Kun (Wilson)

I need to off load Depay too as hes not scoring heavily

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Advice here lads. Already took a 4 point it to bring in Hart for Courtios.

Need to off load Shaw (tempted by Saints/Naughton cover) and Azpil to Kolorov
    Who do i off load first??? Not taking 8pt hit

Team at the moment

Hart (Schmeichel)
    Shaw(inj) Huth Cédric (Bench Azpil(not keeping cleanies and Ward(palace inj)
    Depay Yaya Touré Mahrez Cabaye Payet
    Pelle Kun (Wilson)

I need to off load Depay too as hes not scoring heavily
    Kolarov is crucial this week.

Playing wild card. Is 3 Swansea players to much. I am aware of previous posts and their nice run coming but is 3 over doing it
    Naughton / Ayew / Gomis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Playing wild card. Is 3 Swansea players to much. I am aware of previous posts and their nice run coming but is 3 over doing it
    Naughton / Ayew / Gomis

Tough call. ATM I have 3 Man City Players and I don't consider that overkill. I think the vast majority of players currently have 3.

I don't know is it common sense or common snobbery that would make people look at the likes of Swansea and say 3 players you're mad!

In the past we've all probably had 3 from Chelsea or Arsenal or Man U. If a team is performing very well then there's no reason not to. This is where the common snobbery might enter peoples thinking and say Swansea are not a glamour club I won't have 3 players

On the other hand people have gone for 3 players from the above mentioned sides in the past as they are tried and tested. This is where the common sense might come into it - i.e. I can see Man City consistently doing well this season with an odd bad blip here and there, can I say the same about Swansea ?

Historically there are one or two surprise teams (often newly promoted sides) that go on a charge till Christmas which is when the normal heavy hitters move into high gear and leave them in their rear mirrors. If you can catch the crest of this wave you can do very well.

On the face of it so far I don't think it would be madness to go with 3 Swansea players ;)

I wouldn't look at it as snobbery, more so that if they have a fixture away to City or another perceived really difficult away fixture, you don't want any of their players. The share of goals to go around will likely be smaller at Swansea than at top 4 clubs also so you're banking at taking a higher percentage of the share, which is difficult to do with 3 players. Don't think Swansea have kept many clean sheets either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Mourinho has confirmed that Pedro won't play at the weekend according to FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't look at it as snobbery, more so that if they have a fixture away to City or another perceived really difficult away fixture, you don't want any of their players. The share of goals to go around will likely be smaller at Swansea than at top 4 clubs also so you're banking at taking a higher percentage of the share, which is difficult to do with 3 players. Don't think Swansea have kept many clean sheets either.

I have Ayew /Gomis as a temporary measure. Had intended to upgrade Gomis shortly. Now i need a Shaw replacement and Naughton looks so far the best option. I'll very likely play all 3 this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm going to bank it.
    Pedro out is an option but I'll just play Ighalo this week instead.

FHFC wrote: »
    I have Ayew /Gomis as a temporary measure. Had intended to upgrade Gomis shortly. Now i need a Shaw replacement and Naughton looks so far the best option. I'll very likely play all 3 this week.

Decent fixture for it unless Everton come back with the same form they showed against Chelsea. Wouldn't be something I'd pursue long-term though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

What do you think, should I look at keeping for the moment or start working on midfield ?

I WC last week and the plan had been to downgrade Ayew or Gomis but with the f%^& up thayt happened on Friday night, I decided to hold onto them in the hopes they'd rise enough to make it worthwhile.

It leaves me with a decent side this weekend (Pedro injury)but long term I'm thinking of downgrading Target to a 3.9 and a midfielder to a 4.3. I had been thinking of downgrading Ayew but with the way Chelsea have been playing I'm not sure it's worthwhile to have ANY of their players.

McCarthy
    Francis Gomez Kolarov
    Sánchez Mahrez Ayew Yaya Touré
    Gomis Wilson Agüero

Subs: Begovic Pedro Evans Targett

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Pedro - > Payet
    Gomis - > Benteke

For a -4... Ready to pull the trigger but having second thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Pedro - > Payet
    Gomis - > Benteke

For a -4... Ready to pull the trigger but having second thoughts

There is no way I'd be doing gomis to Benteke for a -4.

• Advertisement

There is no way I'd be doing gomis to Benteke for a -4.

Worthwhile for a FT?
    I really want Benteke in as I'm worried he could go nuts against Norwich.
    He is a close 2nd to Kun in all captain polls I've seen.

Advertisement