Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

That was a fairly lousy seizure!

She should have pushed past him.
    Though he's gonna feel a right tool with his 200 fags against the 16,000,000 the other team got.
    The jokes on you , buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Especially as his wife was with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Bloody hell, 2 million smokes found in that Dublin port seizure, not half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There was another recent seizure in hot tubs, that might feature too, depends how far back they have been filming...

hot-tub-390x285.jpg

http://www.thejournal.ie/cigarettes-seized-in-hot-tubs-2474109-Nov2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What happened to the Spanish lad, the suspected swallower, did we find out? Was half watching half entertaining the baby

M

What happened to the Spanish lad, the suspected swallower, did we find out? Was half watching half entertaining the baby

Nothing found internally or on him so he was released. His bag tested positive but no actual drugs found.

Nothing found internally or on him so he was released. His bag tested positive but no actual drugs found.

Thanks AD, so much for Bruce's suspicions then, how many actual drug seizures has that been then at the airports for 16 episodes? Other than lads with a bit of hash by my reckoning its very zero, though I may have missed one or mix them up with other similar shows. I realise the camera are only there for a certain time and Sod's law there'd be no seizures when the cameras are out but it seems very low compared to the amount of drugs we know are on our streets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Thanks AD, so much for Bruce's suspicions then, how many actual drug seizures has that been then at the airports for 16 episodes? Other than lads with a bit of hash by my reckoning its very zero, though I may have missed one or mix them up with other similar shows. I realise the camera are only there for a certain time and Sod's law there'd be no seizures when the cameras are out but it seems very low compared to the amount of drugs we know are on our streets

You hardly think the majority of drugs are moved into the country by people carrying them in through the airport?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Even more, 8 million

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/customs-seize-cigarettes-worth-4m-at-dublin-port-1.2329769

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Especially as his wife was with him.

Wouldn't be a very bright thing to do when it comes to working with the customs, especially when there's a TV crew filming you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

They like Gardaí do have discretion in relation to minor offences.

And you can be pretty sure that if there wasn't a TV crew there, and the punter hadn't been aggressive, then that discretion would've been exercised.

M

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a very bright thing to do when it comes to working with the customs, especially when there's a TV crew filming you.

To be fair to some of the customs agents on the show they have hinted to various people about the cigarettes/alcohol they had asking them about 3 or 4 times were the goods for them, if they had just simply said they were for them they would have been allowed keep them but the people were so thick they couldn't read between the lines and kept saying they had bought them for a friend, it reminded me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Bruce being a right little prick on last nights show, the way he spoke to that poor girl...she had little English and was on her own .. Accusing her of being on drugs or drunk...maybe a bit of compassion to find out why she was hanging around the airport on her own ..

M

harr wrote: »
    Bruce being a right little prick on last nights show, the way he spoke to that poor girl...she had little English and was on her own .. Accusing her of being on drugs or drunk...maybe a bit of compassion to find out why she was hanging around the airport on her own ..

I don't know what he was at the way he was talking to her, he was hinting at an immigration issue but his job is customs not immigration.

I don't know what he was at the way he was talking to her, he was hinting at an immigration issue but his job is customs not immigration.
    And she was a EU citizen ,so unsure why he reported her to immigration....

I suspect that young girl was a victim of sex trafficking or something similar. Eastern European, wandering round the airport, no baggage, no money, no idea when she was going home, supposed to meet a guy with a generic name who she didn't seem to know. She did not deserve the heavy handed treatment by Officer Dibble

I suspect that young girl was a victim of sex trafficking or something similar. Eastern European, wandering round the airport, no baggage, no money, no idea when she was going home, supposed to meet a guy with a generic name who she didn't seem to know. She did not deserve the heavy handed treatment by Officer Dibble
    This is exactly what I was thinking, she needed a sympathetic ear or someone to take her aside to make sure she was ok...I felt sorry for her having to put up with his ****...no compassion at all...

• Advertisement

This is exactly what I was thinking, she needed a sympathetic ear or someone to take her aside to make sure she was ok...I felt sorry for her having to put up with his ****...no compassion at all...

A well placed "Amigo" or two might have put her at ease

A well timed "Amigo" or two might have put her at ease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

The girl I felt sorry for an easy mistake for someone to wait in the wrong place her English wasn't the best so the signs might not have helped. I though that the poor girl is going to end up been used and taken advantage of. Bruce was just a bully tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Best part of the show was Dermot finding the drugs wrapped in the tea towel. "Well this is the mother lode...a teatowel bearing gifts! "

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

10pm Amigos!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm taking bets on how long into the program Brucie will show his badge. :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

greenore wrote: »
    10pm Amigos!!!

Speak English, mucho gracias

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I'm taking bets on how long into the program Brucie will show his badge.

I would say 15 mins and will say amigo in the first 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Although I am slowly being converted to a Bruce fan (for comedy reasons) I too thought he was way out of line with the girl last week. Should have been more compassionate & looked out for her a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

In her knickers. Brilliant. !!!!!

Advertisement