Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

liam7831 wrote: »
    He's a wannabe guard

More power then a Guard

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joeejo

My wife and I had been planning our first visit to Ireland for many years. Shortly after we set a date and bought our tickets, we happened to catch an episode of Stop Search and Seize. We were appalled at how unfriendly and arrogant the workers in the show were. Particularly one named Bruce, but the others as well..
    After seeing how nasty they were, my wife said "If this is how the Irish people are, I don't want to go there".
    We changed our plans and are now going to Italy.
    I don't know if all the Irish people are as unfriendly as those you first meet when you enter the country, but I agreed not to risk our money and vacation on that possibility.
    I am not sure what the motives of this show are, but the result, at least in our case, was to change our minds and  make us decide never to visit Ireland.
    What an unpleasant place it must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Joeejo wrote: »
    My wife and I had been planning our first visit to Ireland for many years. Shortly after we set a date and bought our tickets, we happened to catch an episode of Stop Search and Seize. We were appalled at how unfriendly and arrogant the workers in the show were. Particularly one named Bruce, but the others as well..
    After seeing how nasty they were, my wife said "If this is how the Irish people are, I don't want to go there".
    I don't know if all the Irish people are as unfriendly as those you first meet when you enter the country, but I agreed not to risk our money and vacation on that possibility.
    I am not sure what the motives of this show are, but the result, at least in our case, was to change our minds and  make us decide never to visit Ireland.

Well if you think you will get treated better in Italy I'm afraid you will be sorely disappointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I agree about Bruce being complete the wrong person to represent Ireland on entering the country but if you cancelled a trip here because of one person on a to show then your thin skin won't stand up to much of Irish daily life anyway.

Best stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

You must be a troll

• Advertisement

You OK hun.....

If you thinks that's bad then my god you must have had a terrible childhood you poor poor thing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's grand. I rang Bruce. Hes waiting for you if you do decide to visit!

Needles73 wrote: »

Well if you think you will get treated better in Italy I'm afraid you will be sorely disappointed!!
    Been to Italy MANY times and found them to be mostly warm and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

None of that happened

You OK hun.....

If you thinks that's bad then my god you must have had a terrible childhood you poor poor thing.
    Thank you for the concern, but if you find behavior like that to be normal or even acceptable, than it is I who sympathize with you.

• Advertisement

js35 wrote: »

You must be a troll
    I checked, and no I am not a troll.

Itsdacraic wrote: »

None of that happened
    Actually, it did. Really. We are leaving for Italy on the 18th. Our original trip for Ireland was to take place on the 10th. Fortunately we did not have non-refundable tickets!

antodeco wrote: »

It's grand. I rang Bruce. Hes waiting for you if you do decide to visit!
    Thank you for confirming that we made the right decision not to go! ;)

For you the Italians will give the rubber glove treatment.

How the hell would customs put you off coming to Ireland are you smuggling drugs or shmokes.

Madness IMO.

I've been to the UK and there are grumpy customs and very friendly also exactly the same when I come to think of it in every country and all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That's the lad in Dublin, the lad in Shannon Airport however seems dead sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

To be fair if you look through this thread you can see how many of us here in Ireland find him to be aggressive, rude and embarrassing. That sort of attitude is really not what I'd associate the people and country that I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes it's really terrible, that is why Ireland & Dublin are constantly found in top 10 lists of the worlds most unfriendly countries & cities :rolleyes:

I think you would be better searching those types of lists than watching random programs. But I have said to people I do fear some potential tourists might see that disgrace of a man. I do actually believe some would be put off, not sure I believe your tale though.

Quick search, Dublin is 10th friendlist in europe by airbnb users

http://blog.airbnb.com/airbnb-hospitality-index/

Ireland 9th worldwide
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/14/travel/friendly-countries/

Ireland tied 5th friendliest worldwide, Milan in Itlay was 8th unfriendliest.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/14/travel/friendly-unfriendly-cities/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

All posts in this thread, Mmm
    Yea glad your going to Italy.
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I am not sure what the motives of this show are, but the result, at least in our case, was to change our minds and make us decide never to visit Ireland.

Hope you don't catch any episodes of Gomorrah before your trip or you'll have to cancel thinking Italy is like Sons of Anarchy on mopeds

I've never once encountered customs at the airport and actually not even at any port.

Cops yes but no issue there.

Quite simple if you are legit you won't get a ounce of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Just watching this.. that Bruce is gas.. "I'm not your buddy, buddy"

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Quite simple if you are legit you won't get a ounce of hassle.
    Not so according to the Gospel of Heller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I think Bruce Heller should go on TV show road tripping around different countries with Bruce Jenner... 'When Heller met Jenner'

You're a spoofer Jenner.. Your telling me spoofs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

keano25 wrote: »
    I think Bruce Heller should go on TV show road tripping around different countries with Bruce Jenner... 'When Heller met Jenner'

You're a spoofer Jenner.. Your telling me spoofs

Brilliant :D

rusty999 wrote: »
    Tonight's show of Stop Search seize showed the arrogance of some people who wear a uniform and it seems to give them a sense of power over others. A young guy travelling from Eindhoven was unlucky enough to meet one of those officers and was subjected to what I would call bullying and unnecessary arrogance from a rude ass who firstly I could hardly understand myself and I'm Irish because he spoke so fast and had a thick accent. The German lad had to ask several times what he was saying and i think that was what annoyed the officer initially.When he could find nothing in his bags he flung the contents on to the desk and told the passenger rudely to pack them himself. he then went to a computer to hopefully find something on the passenger but was again disappointed so he then got smarmy with him and tried every trick in the book to annoy the passenger by treating him like a young kid.
    There were 8 people in the room watching this with me and every one expressed an opinion that its donkeys like that customs officer that give others a bad name. He instigated the whole thing by asking absolutely stupid questions and then tried to justify himself by saying that the lad had flown from NEAR Amsterdam--what a plonker !!

I saw this for the first time this morning- I totally agree with you-Gary Cargavin was the guys name- some sort of "tough guy" with a badge act- i would have reported him for blatant ignorance- His approach was totally uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I saw this for the first time this morning- I totally agree with you-Gary Cargavin was the guys name- some sort of "tough guy" with a badge act- i would have reported him for blatant ignorance- His approach was totally uncalled for.

I saw this on the front page and came in to comment.
    A friend of mine was watching this before, must have been during an initial run, but I believe he complained to DAA about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

razorblunt wrote: »
    I saw this on the front page and came in to comment.
    A friend of mine was watching this before, must have been during an initial run, but I believe he complained to DAA about this.

Waste of time complaining to the DAA - They don't deal with customs issues

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

kranbo wrote: »
    Waste of time complaining to the DAA - They don't deal with customs issues

Yeah, whichever body it is. I'll ask him next time I see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yeah, whichever body it is. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Revenue Commissioners - the ones that run Ireland

Advertisement