Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT315 HCert Business Studies

Options
  • 12-09-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this HCert before and how they found it.

I am going into my first year and would love to know any information from those who have done it and what level 8 courses are possible once the 2 years are completed.

Private messages would also be helpful,

Thank you ever so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this HCert before and how they found it.

I am going into my first year and would love to know any information from those who have done it and what level 8 courses are possible once the 2 years are completed.

Private messages would also be helpful,

Thank you ever so much.

I have just completed it. Generally its a decent course, first year is fine but make sure you pass your exams wouldn't worry about doing massively well.

Second year is where the work is required but even so once you put in a little effort you will get grades. All results in 2nd year go to your average which is needed to get into L8 degrees. Realistically you will be wanting to get a 2:1 to give you choice and at times guarantee you a place. This will be between 60-70% average across all modules.

You can get into 2nd or 3rd year of L8 degrees depending on results.

DT366 - 2 year only as its only 3 year degree (at least 55% based 2014 year not sure what if any change this year but it has been as high as 60%)
    DT365 - 2 or 3 year but need over 70% average for 3rd hardly anybody gets into 3rd. (at least 65% based on 2014 as above could of increased this year)
    DT399 - 2 year only as its only 3 year degree (at least 55%)
    DT358 2 or 3 yera need over 65% for 3ed year and around 60% for second.
    DT341 - Same as DT358
    DT398
    There is one or two more but can't think now.

Some courses require you to take specific modules in 2 year of the cert for example DT399 require you to do economics and DT366 allow people in at a lower grade who take Financial Accounting in second year but if you don't you can still get in but require a higher average grade. With Accounting was 55% but without it was 60%.

Group work played a big role in second year so whatever you do make sure you get with a decent group and not ones that are last minute workers or not bothered. Our class last year did complain about the level of group work and issues we had so by the time you reach second year it may of been reduced but still bear it in mind.

Anything else just ask.

Advertisement