Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween in Salem MA

Options
  • 12-09-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading over to Salem for Halloween and having trouble finding reasonable priced accommodation.

Can anyone recommend decent priced hotels or hostels in either Salem or Boston? Cheers. It's only for two nights.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I found Salem very tacky. Talk about taking one story and milking every single last drop out of it.

But as for your question, we stayed in a B&B down by the harbour but it was quite dear as were most accommodations we looked at if I remember correctly. It was a lovely B&B and the hosts were lovely but it did cost a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

I found Salem very tacky. Talk about taking one story and milking every single last drop out of it.

But as for your question, we stayed in a B&B down by the harbour but it was quite dear as were most accommodations we looked at if I remember correctly. It was a lovely B&B and the hosts were lovely but it did cost a fair bit.

Salem is a kip of the highest order and it's absolutely impossible to get around or get parking the week of Thanksgiving. While it may sound cumbersome, I would stay downtown Boston and hope the Commuter Rail up to Salem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

We happened to be in Boston last Halloween and were driving past Salem on the Interstate, the traffic was ridiculous just from people going into the town. I think we were stuck in traffic for an hour or more and that wasn't even near Salem! Just something to be aware of if you're driving.

We didn't go for that reason but I heard the same as what the previous posters said anyway so I wasn't too pushed.

Advertisement