Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopting my wifes child

Options
  • 12-09-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

hi all, myself and my wife have 2 kids age 11 and 7 and another on the way. The eldest is from a previous relationship. Iv been there since she was 1, She calls me dad and I think of her as my own and no different to our son. I gladly took on the responsibility of providing for her early on just as if she was my own.

Her father was never properly involved and just used to cause trouble but he fecked off about 2 years ago now and we haven't heard from him since.

We got married this year and we were talking recently about me becoming her guardian and id like to adopt her too if it's possible?

Im just wondering where to start or if there is a process someone can explain?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement