Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle biscuit cutter

Options
  • 12-09-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone could help me find a bicycle shaped biscuit cutter in a hurry? It's for an event this Friday so hopefully baking Thursday! There's lots online but mostly from UK or further afield and can't wait long enough for postage (the postage is also expensive when only getting one small thing). Maybe someone has seen one in a shop in Dublin that they could direct me to, or could help me out if they have one lying around at home...?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

If you cant find any, be brave and try without a cutter.
    If you google bicycle cookies, there are lots of pictures of cookies where the detail is in the icing and the shape is quite simple.
    If you use a stiff mixture, its not to hard to hand cut cookies, or use two circles and a triangle and hand cut the saddle and handlebars. It sounds like fun. Good luck

How about ordering some rice-paper pictures of bicycles to stick on cookies. If you order today from here, you should have them on time.

https://www.facebook.com/irelandtopcake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Keep meaning to get back into making cookies. Now looking for a bike cutter I found this site...

http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/collections/cycling-cookie-cutters

Want to make ALL the cookies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hmm. I got a massive box of mixed plastic cookie cutters from lakeland before that has a bike in it. Looked online there though and they don't seem to do them anymore.

The quality isn't great though, it's a plastic one, and more of a stamp than a cutter.

Have you phoned the usual baking shops? Decobake, Brennan's cookshop, nisbets?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

Alternatively you can try make your own cutter by cutting up an old (clean) coke can. Google it and you'll see lots of tutorials. For a bike one you could copy the style of those on the link posted by RacoonQueen.

Advertisement