Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Gaming P.C. Budget €400 to €600

Options
  • 12-09-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Thinking of building, rather than buying a gaming P.C. for my son for Christmas.. Trying to get around €400 for the budget. Looking for advice on Cases, Motherboards, Power supplies .. basically the whole lot for around that budget. My son plays Sniper Elite II, Steam games, Minecraft and the like. So able to handle games as I play myself occasionally, Tomb Raider, FIFA, Call of Duty

Thanks for any advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

1tb HDD €50
    H81M board €50
    i3 4160 €120
    8gb RAM €50
    Case €20
    300w PSU €30
    Totals at €320

Adding a GPU depends on how much you'll spend.
    €100 gives a GTX750
    €120 gives a GTX750Ti
    €160 gives a GTX950

Anything more powerful will need a larger PSU. The 950 probably will anyways so shout if you'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 martinmcc

Cheers Digital Solitude, That's pretty good... Is there much difference between i3 and i5 apart from the i5 being quadcore. GTX750ti would be my basic starting card, possibly a GTX960. Any others who could help out?? I wont be purchasing the parts Until 1st or second week ind December

An i3 with a 970 is better than an i5 with a 750Ti in 95% of cases. Unless you're willing to push the budget over €800 the i3 is a better option. It's more than enough for 99% of games

I know 970 is out of budget but for comparisons sake

Thanks Again Digital Solitude, I think I forgot to mention... Looking for ATX/Tower system

My son has a case with a glass panel in mind, and I have discussed with my Bro .. he might alos get in contact with you as he is building it.. And He wants Me and my son to watch him build it ..So I'm hoping it will be a great memory for him too!

Now, a Mission Impossible for you ..A Tower System, with a monitor.. My Bro can install windows 7

For €500 to €600 tops, I might even get the monitor second hand .. 1080p

Is it a Mission Impossible!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1tb HDD- €50
    64GB SSD - €50
    H81M board - €50
    i3-4160 - €120
    8gb RAM - €50
    Case w/side window - €35
    450w PSU - €40
    GTX750Ti - €130
    2nd hand 1080P - €70

Total - €600

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

Any Intel build for that price would mean an i5 or i3. Plus the board wouldn't be cheap if ya want a good one. My advice would be to get an i3 with a decent gaming board and upgrade to an i5 or i7 in time. Alternatively u could get an amd fx6300 with an amd 990 board or gigabyte 970 ud3p if your budget is tight. A lot of people use that as an entry to building a budget gaming pc.

Most modern games will demand at least 4 gigs of ram but try for 8 although you might be able to source the ram second hand along with the moniter. Definitely get the gpu new as they carry at least three years warranty case something goes wrong. If going for second hand make sure it's still in warranty and try for proof of purchase

And a must is don't skimp on psu most important part.

Thanks Hotshot, good advice. I Believe my Brother will go with an i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

martinmcc wrote: »
    Thanks Hotshot, good advice. I Believe my Brother will go with an i3.

If so the i3 4170 haswell or 6100 skylake might be good picks. Not sure which board but for brands asrock msi or gigabyte make good gaming boards

For a good gpu for it evga and msi are good with good customer support in case of RMA. nvidia 760 gtx or radoen 270x should be in price range if on offer. Just mind the case and gpu sizes. Don't wanna make that mistake. For psu

Might wanna look at a micro atx build might save a few bob by doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

HDD- €48.99
    Board- €65.99
    CPU- €118.99
    RAM - €40.99
    Case w/side window- €61.99
    PSU- €34.99
    GPU- €138.99
    2nd hand 1080P - €70
    Shipping- €20

Total - €600.93

Opps.. went 93 cent over xD

Also recommend this cooler for the CPU

I use one myself and its so quite, not even a hum.

• Advertisement

Also if you want to save some money, go for a cheaper case :P I just liked that one :)
    There is plenty on that site, they ship to Ireland. A lot of people on these forums use it. Prices are updated quite often so even in a week they prices of everything could go down a little.

Cheers Killanena, Links Included!! My Son has a case picked out, but the rest thanks a bunch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

1tb HDD- €50
    64GB SSD - €50
    H81M board - €50
    i3-4160 - €120
    8gb RAM - €50
    Case w/side window - €35
    450w PSU - €40
    GTX750Ti - €130
    2nd hand 1080P - €70

Total - €600
    Hi im building this Pc for my brother and nephew.Just wondering if the list above is all compatible.Also is there any type of ddr3 ram i should get?Sorry for the stupid questions but its been a long time since i built a pc?Thanks so much for the help.

It's all compatible, and you want DIMM DDR3, probably about 1600mhz but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks ... bozharry1 is my brother, who will be building the p.c.

Happy I could help a bit, When you have the build done post back with a few pics :) or if you have any questions Im sure me or someone else on here can help :)

Edit: It has just come to my attention that the site I posted links from is no longer really trusted by members of these forums from errors and mistakes. So Id advise shopping else where. (Sorry its been awhile sense I've had to order parts). Id recommend trying to find another german site though as they are the cheapest to country to buy from in the EU that is reliable.

Hi can you suggest any good sites to get parts from.Are komplete any good these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mindfactory.de for the innards, Amazon or wherever else for case.

So far this is what i have picked,Will this all work together?Thanks in advance Everyone.

Western Digital Black - 500GB -
    3.5", SATA III, 7200rpm, 16MB

ASUS GeForce GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 - 2GB - PCI-E
    VGA / DVI / HDMI Gpu
    Kingston HyperX FURY Red 8GB - PC3-12800 - DIMM
    DDR3, 1600 MHz, 1,5V, CL10, 2x4GB

Intel Core i3-4170 Processor
    Dual-core, Cooler included

MSI H81M-E34 - Socket 1150 - Micro-ATX
    Intel H81, 2x DDR3, 2x SATA III / 4x USB 3.0 Motherboard

Antec VP350P - 350 Watt Power Supply

Power cable

Subtotal €501.88

Yeah looks sound

• Advertisement

Looks good to me to Brother!

As a New user to the posts here unfortunately I cannot post links or pictures of the finished Rig. However, I would like to thank all concerned for all your advice and so far so good!!! It's running sweet as a Nut !!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement