Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit bureau score - need help

• 12-09-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I've a mortgage since 2005. In 2012/2013 I ran into arrears on various dates. In early 2013 it got to 5 months in arrears but has been completely clean and paid since May 2013.

My ICB report shows my payments for mortgage as being all in order. It goes back 24 months. There's no Credit bureau score (CBS) and they say that's only generated by a bank making a request and they can't generate one on my request.

I want to move house and will have to get a new mortgage. I've rung all the banks and rung the ICB. Banks say credit check goes back 5 years and they get from ICB.

ICB says it's whatever is on the report ie 24 months.

So can anyone please help me.

Will the CBS score the bank get reflect my default in early 2013? Will it prevent me getting a mortgage?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

The ICB report only shows the last 24 repayments on a loan facility, if that lending institution is a member of the ICB. If your mortgage has been clear since May 2013, as it is September 2015, the report a mortgage lender will see will show repayments back as far as September 2013 so you should be fine.

I don't see how the report for a lender would be different than your own personal report. Having seen the same report requested by a lender and an individual, the person's report was more detailed i.e. included the name of the lending institution, funds borrowed, outstanding balance, monthly repayments along with the repayment history.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sarachryan

Thanks Paul

On my report they don't include the Credit Bureau score for some reason

So you cannot see a row of similar to this on it then?

"000000000000000000000000"

This would indicate that each payment has been made on time for your mortgage.
    Is the loan facility there at all on your credit report? If not, then the mortgage lender will just request a copy of a 12 month mortgage statement as part of your mortgage application(They request this with any application anyway, if a person declares they have a mortgage or there is a mortgage payment coming from your bank account)

Thanks,

PaulM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭wench

sarachryan wrote: »
    Thanks Paul

On my report they don't include the Credit Bureau score for some reason

The score would only be there if a bank you had applied to calculated one, which they don't all do.

Why would they not put up a person's credit score on a credit report system?
    I never saw one without a credit score on it, is this a recent change to their system?

PaulM

• Advertisement
Advertisement