Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding a gaming pc

Options
  • 13-09-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

At first I wanted to build my pc and I have all the parts picked out
    I3 processor
    Evga 750 GTX
    1TB
    8gb ram
    430 corsair 80+ bronze PSU
    Case
    MSI h8m1-p33 motherboard
    Windows 10

But it cost 615 euro

Can anyone find me any better/just as good parts for cheaper or a good pre built pc for cheaper . Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you want cheaper buy second hand, check out adverts.ie. But make sure to do your research as there are plenty of 8 year old "gaming PC's" being sold there for €400.

I wouldn't recommend going any cheaper than an i3 and GTX750 for a modern build because the next card down from the GTX750 would be only about €20 cheaper and about 40% slower. You can get the Intel G3220 which is as good as the i3 in about 80% of games and costs half the price but in some games like GTA V and Battlefield 4 online its weak.

So again I would stick with the i3+GTX750 combo.

I don't know where you are getting your prices from but I just built one just now on Dabs.ie and it comes in at around €530 for this delivered:

i3-4170
    H81 Motherboard
    ThermalTake Versa Case
    8GB Ram
    GTX750Ti 2GB
    64GB Sandisk SSD
    1TB Hard Drive
    430w EVGA PSU

It would be under €500 if you drop the SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

His Windows 10 licence I'd say.

If you're willing to chance it, you can get a W7 key for €20 from reddit Jack. I've never had problems with them, but Terror and a few others have so there is a risk involved.

Advertisement