Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Really? Teresa Mannion is an internet meme now? FFS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Really? Teresa Mannion is an internet meme now? FFS :pac:

well yeah, didnt know her name until you said it

https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/673609027876728832

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

JUST TO REPEAT THE ADVICE OF OPERATORS WHO PLAY HOSTAGE RESCUE.

pBZBmhB.jpg?1

This wins the internet! Hahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Interesting watch this R6 Siege gameplay footage from E3 2014.

It's interesting to see what made the final cut and what got scrapped. The classic Ubisoft graphics downgrade in effect. Even for the PC players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's interesting to see what made the final cut and what got scrapped. The classic Ubisoft graphics downgrade in effect. Even for the PC players.

There are some fairly big differences there alright. Even some of the window barricades are different. They look slightly different to the Castle boards.

I am wondering if Ubisoft actually have alot of these changes ready and in the pipeline but chose not to release them all upon release. My thinking there is that, they would hold some of the stuff back and release it later to give the game a fresh feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This game is like crack I swear.

It really is, I cant get enough of it. Its so much fun and so infuriating at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any body else notice a hike up in normal difficulty?? Was playing online last night for about 3 hrs and won only a handful of games and trust me we had a good team. Felt like i was on realistic mode.

It's like the enemies are on constant loop now instead of coming when defused is set.

Still absolutely love the game nearly level 30 now fwiw. Any idea what level cap is?

Embarrassing watching those scripted games.

And every year they release them.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Any idea what level cap is?

Not sure but there's an achievement for level 50 so that could be it.

Iv'e been finding aiming very difficult to master until I switched to a lighter class of operator. I just said screw the extra armor and picked Bandit.

The difference was astounding. My aiming was way better and the ability to move quickly was a huge advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I don't see the point in having levels or level caps if there's no leaderboards. Is there point to getting to level 50 other than bragging rights? Rewards maybe?
    Also, I'm finding the mp5 to have the best balance in this game, recoil is killer on some guns, even with the grips!

Got a code from Xbox Live for Rainbow 6 Vegas via backward compatibility. I think R6 Vegas 2 Is also included in the pre-order bonus.

How are people getting on with Siege?

It certainly has a big learning curve but is very rewarding. There is always some new strategy to try. I look forward to their first patch to see what fixes are implemented.

*Just received a code for Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got a code from Xbox Live for Rainbow 6 Vegas via backward compatibility. I think R6 Vegas 2 Is also included in the pre-order bonus.

How are people getting on with Siege?

It certainly has a big learning curve but is very rewarding. There is always some new strategy to try. I look forward to their first patch to see what fixes are implemented.

Bought it but still haven't played it. How does it play solo? Harder trying to get me and the lads online at the same time than I thought!

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Bought it but still haven't played it. How does it play solo? Hard trying to get me and the lads online at the same time.

Its playable solo among other randomers but not recommended. To get the most out of the game you'd want a few people on. There are something like 10 Situations that can be played solo. These are single player missions that get you ready for the multiplayer. They are actually quite challenging as you progress through them.

Ranked and Casual are 2 different games.

Few times in Ranked have come up against some extremly clever tactics.

I fcuking love this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Enjoying the game but not sure if ill stick with it longterm, my biggest gripe is all the waiting around between rounds its just too slow.
    Insurgency gives me a good tactical shooter fix already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Playing this in Australia so can't really compare to the servers everyone in Ireland is on. Must say though I've played this since launch and the community has gotten quite good.

The majority of people have mic's and actually use them. There's been several random games I've played where I've actually done a lot better than playing with four of my mates.

For example, I seen that all four of my team mates were all really close to each other in a pretty stupid spot while defending. I just said 'Guys you should probably spread out a little, fuze will destroy us that way' instantly they all scattered. Unreal.

This isn't a game that will hold longevity but its definitely gonna be fun while it lasts. The servers still cause problems for us every now and than but its better than it was at launch.

Sadly you are right this game wont last but the Devs need to make it so.

Played 11 games tonight on TS with 4 others slaugheterd in every round the 2 yanks didnt play in :D won every other.

imo its swat4 but catering for well everyone else, its a brilliant brillaint game.

Yeh I forgot to say on the other side of randomers and team work last night I came across some guy who killed everyone on our team at the start of each round.

Some people just want to see the world burn.

Nice one, just got my 2 free codes for Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 :)

• Advertisement

I actually think this game will be a slow burner and it will eventually amass a huge following.

I can see it being popular on Twitch. It's taking quite a while for word to get out there that this is a great game.

The developers are on the right path. All additional maps are completely free for the community. This will help build the player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

theres a good crowd of us playing it on Gaellords TS . savage game when your with guys on TS . playing with randomers is a bit hit and miss . im still having a lot of crashing issues with it though . its getting annoying . only happens one or twice a night but very annoying .

screen freezes i can still hear and apparently interact with others but i cant see anything and then it crashes . still love the game but it has its issues

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thinking of buying this, do you think it has longevity or does it get old after a few hours?

Watched a bit on twitch, most games seem to end with a team wipe rather than completing the objective?

awec wrote: »
    Watched a bit on twitch, most games seem to end with a team wipe rather than completing the objective?

That is true, usually ends up being a team deathmatch revolved around the objective alright.

I'm loving it so far tho, I have played it a lot sinc release day and don't seem to be getting bored of it yet.

They just seriously need to sort out the servers/matchmaking. It sucks especially for ranked.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I guess it's like counter strike used to be with team wipes being way more common than the bomb going off or being defused.

awec wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this, do you think it has longevity or does it get old after a few hours?

It shouldnt be full price imo for the type of game it is.

If your playing it you must use comms, lone wolf isnt for this game.

If you liked Swat4/ravenshield then this is the 2015 version of if for you. Late charge for game of the year for me.

The matchmaking is getting better but what really grinds my gears is in Terrorist Hunt, having the host die because they're an idiot and then leaving.

Disbanding the entire group mid game when we were doing just fine. Really needs to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

irishmover wrote: »
    The matchmaking is getting better but what really grinds my gears is in Terrorist Hunt, having the host die because they're an idiot and then leaving.

Disbanding the entire group mid game when we were doing just fine. Really needs to be sorted.

Yeah I stated this in the beta, its madness. I really love the game but I do wish that you could get skins for guns etc without spending the earth.

I mean 8000 renown or some **** for some skins is mental.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played more over the weekend and find it a snoozefest tbh.
    Not a patch on insurgency for tactical shooter.

Advertisement