Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Head is ****ING wrecked playing MP with random peeps at this stage....still enjoying the game but deffo need to mic up with peeps. Nearly at the 50 mark now....taught I was doing well till I seen some dude with 92 level last night!!!!

I am playing almost everyday and I am only at level 54. He probably hasn't stopped playing since launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So which do you guys use?

k2QTcVQ.jpg

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

*Floor pic

I have found myself switching between the two. I need to keep it the UK English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

k2QTcVQ.jpg

British but even some brits I'm playing with do it the American way so we always getting confused ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Genrally go with Top floor, basement if its 1st floor i just say fcuk it and use Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Genrally go with Top floor, basement if its 1st floor i just say fcuk it and use Z

Woah woah woah, there's 1 thing calling it ground floor or first floor but basement is a totally different kettle of fish comrade! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

MiskyBoyy wrote:

On some of the levels you'll actually see the floor number on the wall and they use the American system

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I am playing almost everyday and I am only at level 54. He probably hasn't stopped playing since launch :D

Most likely bought boosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

irishmover wrote: »
    Most likely bought boosts.

Or two guys playing the one account, when one stops or in work the other is on playing.

Was on TH last night on hard and its a total joke TBH. As the enemies are harder host dies very quickly and leaves the rest of us ****ed....such a stupid system it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Now that the patch has had a few days to bed in, what are everyones thoughts?

For me:

Pros:

1) Hit boxes have improved from what I can see
    2) Few annoying bugs ingame have been fixed, like rappelling from windows and getting stuck on roofs etc
    3) They have fixed the direction of the shields but they have introduced other bugs now, I know Failsafe feels they are worse now than before.

Cons:

1) Connecting to games is worse now than what it was, it can take 5-10 minutes now just to get a game going
    2) Getting kicked randomly mid game has increased for me at least. Twice last night I was booted in the final round only to reconnect and get no score
    3) Still issues with player location on the servers. Like walking behind a wall for cover only to still get hit by bullets for .5 seconds. There is delay for sure. PC GAMERS, have you noticed the tick rate making a difference here? From what I am reading on the UBI forums, the PC have improved for sure so it seems the tick rates is having the desired effect.
    4) The inability for extra players to join mid match is so annoying. Playing a ranked game and 2 players get kicked in the first round. Instead of allowing other players to join to make it a fair 5v5, you are stuck playing with 3 players and getting your ass kicked. Very annoying.

Still love the game and even with the bugs I want more and more but I really wish they would fix the match making. Feels like Battlefield 4 all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Hit Registration is "generally" improved but still not perfect, I had two instances of a kill and being killed where registration was off after the new patch.

1) Two confirmed hits with Marksman Rifle as Glaz but didn't do any damage. Because the hits didn't do any damage, the guy killed me and on the killcam the log clearly showed blood and soft impact sounds but showed no damage registering on the guy. 2 Hits with Glaz's rifle in Chest/Head are definite kills anyway.

2) Was leaning out of a corner to give suppressive fire against Blitz. I peak back into the wall with no visible bodyparts showing and I get killed through wall by Blitz a couple of meters away. Cut to kill cam and when he fired his shots I was safely behind a wall with no visible bodyparts showing and died. But because I was in that spot about 1 second prior it looks like the server didn't register I was no longer behind the wall and thought I was still there.

I still immensely enjoy the game, but still not touching ranked until this is iterated upon and improved again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Your second point Cravez is exactly what I have been experiencing pretty much since launch. It really grates on me when you know you are safe but in reality the server thinks you are still visible to the enemy. I am confident they will eventually fix it but it is bugs like this that damage a game and may ultimately result in a loss of players and/or loss in sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes your point 2 I get all the time, even since the netcode was supposed to have improved.
    Matchmaking is worse since patch too, overall I have moments when I love the game then moments I hate it, I seem to have more hate moments though which is unfortunate.
    Netcode is still terrible and is my biggest issue with the game.

Sick of making sure I'm not peeking around a corner or having body in view only to die and see the killcam show me in view , countless times this happens.
    Other times I plays fine but its this inconsistency the I cant forgive, it was the same in the beta and they were fully aware of it then and still haven't fixed it.
    For a game of this nature this could make or break it in the longterm.

PC owners can redeem 4 codes to give to friends to play free for the weekend, seems a bit strange having a free weekend so soon after release.

I have approx 3 2 PC game keys for anyone who wants to give Siege a go over the weekend. Just quote this message and I'll PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Cravez wrote: »
    I have approx 3 PC game keys for anyone who wants to give Siege a go over the weekend. Just quote this message and I'll PM.
    Trial is it?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Trial is it?

Yep for this weekend only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Yep for this weekend only

OK no problem,

Had a few broken matchmaking today after the patch.

Still having some issues with "I FCUKING SHOT THAT DUDE!!!"

Starting to hate Bomb, its too open prefer the intimacy of Secure and Hostage

I have approx 3 2 PC game keys for anyone who wants to give Siege a go over the weekend. Just quote this message and I'll PM.

Just checking if you still have a code. I'd like one please.

Just checking if you still have a code. I'd like one please.

sent one one there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Picked this up the other day just finished the situations and played two online matches, going to take a while to get to grips with online and the maps. Anyone on ps4 feel free to add me wouldn't mind some proper team play over the christmas. PSN IRISHRANGER1

I still have two codes left guys if anyone wants.

Edit: All keys gone

Cant seem to download the HD texture pack on Uplay. Probably something to do with it being free for the weekend.

I go to DLC and see it but once I press buy it directs me to the Uplay store's main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If anyone has a couple of codes I'll take them. Not sure if you still have yours Cravez?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thanks for the key yesterday Cravez, i'm fairly impressed with it - might even buy it. I'm still doing the tutorial missions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

anyone have a key?

Pretty much the entire team had a piece of me.

12366011_986962678009852_1915556216621683499_o.jpg

Im also good :D

10296191_986962681343185_4426623784449458883_o.jpg

Thanks for the key yesterday Cravez, i'm fairly impressed with it - might even buy it. I'm still doing the tutorial missions :D

No probs man! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Was playing the other night and pulled off a pretty intense 1 v 4 clutch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can't beat the Mp5k! The cursing is gas! :pac:

Advertisement