Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played several 5v5 private matches the last few days. They avoid matchmaking ****e you just need 9 others.

Its partially hosted on the host and a cloud server( i have yet to confirm) but it avoids ports and avoids nat settings......

If this is how its meant to be played RIP siege.........best 7 games I have had tho......

Did you host it yourself??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Did you host it yourself??

One person becomes the host, its Custom game think you need to be Level 5 to host (any level can be invited to it). Im level 50 with about 25k in renown....its fairly useless now.

Very hard to shoot the drone in here:

10636686_992606054112181_8643350422821230575_o.jpg

Playing 5v5 with people I know, who should have really known better than to bunch up on Secure Area......oh how I laughed.

12466151_992606050778848_2072947144747306839_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Message on the Ubisoft forums.
    Ubisoft wrote:
    Skill Rankings During The Holiday Period
    Hello,

Following a series of disconnections this past weekend, we have decided to temporarily deactivate the ability for the game to retrieve skill ranks on all platform. This is not an ideal fix but doing so removes a load on the online architecture and can prevent, for the short term, unwanted disconnection while we work on long term fixes.

Note that the ranking system will still continue to work in its essence. Specifically deactivating this feature :

has no impact on skill rating/rank calculation (you will gain / lose rank) and the system will still work for matchmaking.
    only impact is that all players will be displayed as Bronze until we reactivate the system. Once reactivated, your rank will be displayed accordingly.

Note that fixing connectivity issues is our top priority and we would like to thank the community for their patience.

Thank you
    The dev team

plz fix the matchmaking, the game will die if it isnt fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hopefully a big patch is in the works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Loving this. One shot and poof, lughts out. Unlocked smoke cause he looked cool.

Wish there was a way to toss all the bombs and let them all explode at once. Can hear them creeping around but dunno if thwy are in my sweet zone

All high up spots have become my home.

NO! DON'T LOOK AT ME! I AM AN ALARM CLOCK ON A DESK.

Followed by a hail of gun fire from a suspecting enemy :)

I love getting them to shoot each other or the hostage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Just played about 6 matches with wondaboy, never lost a match and most where 3-0. Great fews games with a good team and all on mic's we even got a great game winning kill with a cluster charge taking out three lads camped into a corner.

A couple of kills I got over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just played about 6 matches with wondaboy, never lost a match and most where 3-0. Great fews games with a good team and all on mic's we even got a great game winning kill with a cluster charge taking out three lads camped into a corner.

Epic Games, I love feeling like John McClane with FLAWLESS WINS. Cannot beat communication....that last match with FUZE killing the campers when it was 1v3 I never wanted to record something more in my life for replay.

Giving this game serious hrs now, lvl 60 with no boosts lol.
    See you on laters mate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Went 10-0 twice in a row lastnight ie 2x 2-0 wins while i killed all enemies in both rounds x2 :)
    Great game when it works, netcode still not up to what it should be and matchmaking is an absolute joke, sadly I'm not overly confident in ubi fixing matchmaking, its been like this since beta days.

I think this issue might already be resolved on the PC by the adjustment of the tickrate from 30 to 60. We have yet to get that update on console.

The video breaks it down. I hear noise, I turn the shield to face the wooden barricade and while the shield is covering me completely the enemy some how kills me.

After watching the replay I am not even shooting in his direction :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its not resolved not by a long way, its better than it was but nowhere near what it should be.

Intermittent on PC, sometimes you will fall over dead then in the kill replay see he was shooting you for ages when you heard nothing. I really only have minor issues with the in game stuff its the outside game stuff thats annoying.

I would like to see other players loadouts in the confirm screen, I want to see who has shield, what weapon they have even scopes.

I would like matchmaking to work, been playing this since the alpha and the gameplay is exactly what I want in an FPS game but fcuk me trying to play it is annoying.

I noticed tonight we all got the season pass for free? That would suck if you bought it.

dreamers75 wrote:
    I noticed tonight we all got the season pass for free? That would suck if you bought it.

The season pass isn't free

What they have done is give everyone temporary access to the renown boost and the challenges

I've created a boards community on PSN to try and make it easier for all of us on the PS4 to get some good team games going, if anyone wants to be added let me know.

PSN: Irishranger1

I've created a boards community on PSN to try and make it easier for all of us on the PS4 to get some good team games going, if anyone wants to be added let me know.

PSN: Irishranger1

Yeah I joined that mate but id say it will be a slow process TBH, online has been worse then usual last few days. Hopefully peeps back to work and regular routine settles the servers down after a hectic xmas.

Really starting to find most sweet spots in maps and flanking other teams, was regularly getting 3 kills in quick succession last night being a sneaky mofo :pac::pac:

Randomers really do the funniest things, remember when 3 of our team all went into the one door (mined by Kapkan, really obvious from outside ffs) and all died instantly!!!!

Ubisoft Mexico got ahead of themselves and posted a video that shows 4 new operators plus skins that are coming.

Cant ****in wait, and before all the nay sayers get on saying they should fix the exsisting problems 1st I agree BUT, many a game was left in limbo ruined from the get go and I am encouraged by the efforts so far from UBISOFT.

I am fairly confident its gonna come good....with the next patch.

One thing I dont get lads if anyone can clarify.I bought the game in a bricks and mortar shop and you get the season pass included (otherwise you would not be able to play it) so how is buying the separate season pass better if at all.

Will I too have early access to the new operators a week early like folks who buy the separate season pass....? Seems to me the peeps who bought the game 1st should get the benefits more so then the blow ins....lol.

• Advertisement

****ing PSN is down there goes my plans for tonight.

Hoping the **** its back up shortly only so much Rory McIlroy golf I can play ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Picked this up yesterday, started doing the situations.

Certainly a steep learning curve.

Yeah but once u get to know the maps and find your favourite attacker and defender you will get a lot better faster. My advice is play terrorist hunt constantly on hard not normal its far too easy and lulls you into a false sense of security, just to get to know the maps and sweet spots. Multiplayer online is very hard as the standard is way harder then any AI.

If on ps4 add me and I give you a hand no probe

Psn wonda3oy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hoping the **** its back up shortly only so much Rory McIlroy golf I can play ffs
    At least you'll be able to chip a grenade into a small hole in the wall of a objective room when you get back online.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    One thing I dont get lads if anyone can clarify.I bought the game in a bricks and mortar shop and you get the season pass included (otherwise you would not be able to play it) so how is buying the separate season pass better if at all.

Will I too have early access to the new operators a week early like folks who buy the separate season pass....? Seems to me the peeps who bought the game 1st should get the benefits more so then the blow ins....lol.

Season pass give you access to the new stuff a week before everyone else. If you don't have the pass you can still use the operators but they have to be unlocked using renown, I saw some mention on other sites it would take about 50 hours of play to do that or pay 3.99GBP to instantly unlock them. Likely though any one who's been playing should be close to the mark for unlocking them.

Edit: Just spotted it's 25k renown to unlock each one.

Edit: Just spotted it's 25k renown to unlock each one.

Grand almost have the 2nd one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Funny Clip from tonight :pac:

tony1980 wrote: »

Funny Clip from tonight :pac:

:o

in my defense i thought i was ash and tried to put down a charge

here's my point of view

• Advertisement

In a huge number of FPS games you just need to press switch weapon to cancel any grenade even when the pin is pulled.

Very funny video.

Advertisement