Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

dunworth1 wrote: »
    :o

in my defense i thought i was ash and tried to put down a charge

here's my point of view

For a second it looked like you might f**k it at me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

25k for each new operator? By the time Feb rolls around when DLC is out I deffo have 50k+ renown so I buy maybe one operator. That's if I stop buying stupid skins for 12k a go ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Your Point of view is even more funny looking hahaha great laugh!

Why did you hold onto the nade when you copped it wasnt the breach charge lol, I would have thrown it anywhere rather then die.......pmsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am starting a collection to buy Dunworth a new arm. Please give generously.

www.placethepinback.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Many people on Xbox one playing this? I think a game like it would suit me down to the ground because of the tactical aspects. I'm fed up of cod and stuff these days

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Many people on Xbox one playing this? I think a game like it would suit me down to the ground because of the tactical aspects. I'm fed up of cod and stuff these days

Its fecking brilliant although Im still crap at it!!!
    Ad my GT razerirl75 and a few gamer tags from this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207793&page=23

Theres a goo few XB1 users in that thread playing Rainbow 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Why did you hold onto the nade when you copped it wasnt the breach charge lol, I would have thrown it anywhere rather then die.......pmsl.

I was about to but then canto jumped in the window then it was too late :(

Playing TH on hard and realistic with randomers can be hilarious, run straight up to door when round starts and just fire your weapon even if no tangos. Suicide bombers come charging when hear gunfire then just turn and run in direction of team and the panic is mental lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hellrazer and Wondayboy two names I recognize from PC gaming over the years [Battlefield in particular] WTF guys your console peasants now :) I jest - sort of !
    Back on topic, they really need to sort this matchmaking, its as bad as it was back in the beta days , it could potentially kill the game off at a delicate time for a new game.
    I hope they sort things, the game offers a truly unique experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

The game looks freaking amazing, i got it a few days ago but i didn't played it yet, my damn internet connection! Will take days to download it :/ but soon ill join you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Hellrazer and Wondayboy two names I recognize from PC gaming over the years [Battlefield in particular] WTF guys your console peasants now :) I jest - sort of !
    Back on topic, they really need to sort this matchmaking, its as bad as it was back in the beta days , it could potentially kill the game off at a delicate time for a new game.
    I hope they sort things, the game offers a truly unique experience.

Yesterday wasnt getting any renown but 9/10 games were near instant, had to return to menu after every game unless it was a rematch. Played 10/15 matches last night.

Day before it was 000.1/10 played mostly custom 4v4 cos that seems to work perfectly.

It really needs to be sorted.

Console lads have the same issues?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yesterday wasnt getting any renown but 9/10 games were near instant, had to return to menu after every game unless it was a rematch. Played 10/15 matches last night.

Day before it was 000.1/10 played mostly custom 4v4 cos that seems to work perfectly.

It really needs to be sorted.

Console lads have the same issues?

Yes.

No renown sometimes, other times no syncing with the servers so absolutely nothing and have to regroup at the main menu. Disconnections are rampant. In nearly every game someone from either team makes a dying sound and then it comes up that they disconnected.

This game was actually much more stable in beta, so much more errors and bugs now, however frustrating it is still one of the best games I've played. It's the people that have just purchased the game I feel sorry for you guys trying to level up or trying to use your boosters.

These issue are across all platforms (pc/xbox/ps4).

Fingers crossed when they come out with the new operators they will have a lot of fix's within that patch. If not the game is going to probably die from frustrated users.

1.2 out for PC, next week for consoles.
    Hello everyone!

Today we are sharing our second title update. Keep in mind that we will be improving with every update. The changes described below will take effect on January 7th 2016 for PC and on January 14th 2016 for Consoles. This patch will be released on PC first because of the faster deployment process, in order to test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed.

Please refer to our post about our January 2016 Priority – Fixing Top Issues to see our current plans and steps we are taking to improve the game. Note that this patch, Update 1.2, will not fix all of our current top issues and that we are actively working on fixing them as soon as possible.

General Tweaks and Improvements

Hit Registration Improvements
    Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles
    With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.

Data center selection is now possible (PC users only, for now)
    PC users can change their default data centers in the Rainbow Six game settings file (gamesettings.ini), which is usually located in the ‘My Documents\My Games\your Uplay ID’ folder. Change the DataCenterHint value from ‘default’ to the region’s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. The available region short names can be found just above the DataCenterHint line.

Note that we are planning to eventually expose this in the in-game UI for all platforms and this PC-exclusive feature is only a first step.

Matchmaking Improvements
    Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
    Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
    Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.

Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
    Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
    Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.

Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
    Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.

Gameplay Fixes
    Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied (read: playlist changes from this post).
    Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move.
    Some situations still cause this bug. It is a work in progress.

Level Design Fixes
    Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
    Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
    Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.

Online Flow Fixes
    Fixed Error [3-0x0001000B].
    Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
    Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.

UI Fixes
    Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
    Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.

Audio Fixes
    XB1: Fixed a bug in which if a player constrained the game, snapped an app, then unconstrained the game, he or she would lose the voice chat.
    XB1: Fixed a bug in which the game did not exhibit any audio whilst the player had any app snapped.

Other Fixes
    The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended, see this post for more details.
    Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing it.

Said i'd post this a long time ago. Team revive turns into a disaster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Said i'd post this a long time ago. Team revive turns into a disaster :D

This is possibly the funniest clip of Rainbow Six I have seen yet, classic!

The new patch is like getting a lift to a bus stop............the timer counts down to more waiting time.

Matchmaking works best when you have a full squad, struggled to find games with less.

But again in game when playing everything felt smoother, bullets seemed to land where you expected them to. I thought guns were nerfed but not so sure now just think maybe bullets were not landing where they should have been pre 1.2. example got 4 lads with body shots with one clip with the L85A2 put 3 down and last one to 20. Guns feel meaty again.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The new patch is like getting a lift to a bus stop............the timer counts down to more waiting time.

Matchmaking works best when you have a full squad, struggled to find games with less.

But again in game when playing everything felt smoother, bullets seemed to land where you expected them to. I thought guns were nerfed but not so sure now just think maybe bullets were not landing where they should have been pre 1.2. example got 4 lads with body shots with one clip with the L85A2 put 3 down and last one to 20. Guns feel meaty again.

I presume that your on PC as they were receiving the update first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hoping to get properly stuck into this at weekend; haven't had much time on it since getting it at xmas; have been pretty crap at it so far hopefully will be a bit better with a few more hours in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nice if they fixed some of the weapon models while they are at it. Like the charging handle locked back all the time on the MP7, it can't be locked back or even fire while it's in that position, and the wrong size magazines on some weapons being far too short.

They need some tips from DICE on weapons.

Setting your game to connect to WEU data center helps matchmaking a lot for me.

Setting your game to connect to WEU data center helps matchmaking a lot for me.

Will try that later.

Are you joining with players?

No joining alone there earlier and was faster than ever after changing data center.
    It can be done via the ini file in documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone play on Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Carroller wrote:
    Anyone play on Xbox?

Good few of us do

First night in a long time where there was uninterrupted renown and XP after every map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love eating up all the bullets With Montagne's shield. I call it the mag-waster. Then I calmly switch to the laser sighted magnum, while they reload. Still loving R6.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yep unfortunately the TIG lads are still playing Arma and Dayz...neither do anything for me.
    BF4 no use either.
    Still have my decent gaming pc...need a decent FPS that will give the same feeling that the earlier battlefield games did.Maybe im just being nostalgic.
    Fwiw...console gaming will never beat pc gaming.
    I couldnt hit anything with a mouse and keyboard setup..im even more useless with a controller!!!

Advertisement