Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yep unfortunately the TIG lads are still playing Arma and Dayz...neither do anything for me.
    BF4 no use either.
    Still have my decent gaming pc...need a decent FPS that will give the same feeling that the earlier battlefield games did.Maybe im just being nostalgic.
    Fwiw...console gaming will never beat pc gaming.
    I couldnt hit anything with a mouse and keyboard setup..im even more useless with a controller!!!

BF4 is totally transformed now mate, its gone from the worst netcode possible to close to the best netcode, took two years work from DICE LA but they got there.
    Still loads playing BF3 and BC2,personally BC2 is my favourite BF game.
    Sorry to go OT, R6S is a great game too :)
    Got some games in lastnight when I had a n hour spare, matchmaking was the best ive experienced since the beta days, thanks to the abilty to set what data center to connect to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Good few of us do

I added a few who said they play from the ganertag thread. If anyone's up for an extra person my GT is Penguins Haooo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dcully wrote: »
    BF4 is totally transformed now mate, its gone from the worst netcode possible to close to the best netcode, took two years work from DICE LA but they got there.
    Still loads playing BF3 and BC2,personally BC2 is my favourite BF game.
    Sorry to go OT, R6S is a great game too :)
    Got some games in lastnight when I had a n hour spare, matchmaking was the best ive experienced since the beta days, thanks to the abilty to set what data center to connect to.

You playing on the PC Cully??
    Might pick it up on PC aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Parzival

Would this be possible to be played with no mic. I have no issue listening to orders and playing like that but the mic is not a viable option.

You playing on the PC Cully??
    Might pick it up on PC aswell.

Yeah man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Lads Im only starting off, but would love to join up for a few games on Xbox One.

I'll be utterly shyte to start, so have patience! :)

Gamertag - Corvo4ttano

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah man

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy is on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hellrazer and Wondayboy two names I recognize from PC gaming over the years [Battlefield in particular] WTF guys your console peasants now :) I jest - sort of !
    Back on topic, they really need to sort this matchmaking, its as bad as it was back in the beta days , it could potentially kill the game off at a delicate time for a new game.
    I hope they sort things, the game offers a truly unique experience.

LOL, yeah man dont know how I am on console more now then the PC, I suppose its just the games are better TBH. Got hooked on destiny and I am still playing it.

I still have a very good PC but BF4 killed it for me when it came out first after years off being a BF maniac (I was NO#1 in Ireland in BF2 back in the day!!!)

Might pick up RB6 for the PC also as I dont have too many lads on PS4 playing it and I get lonely........

:pac::pac::pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Might pick up RB6 for the PC also as I dont have too many lads on PS4 playing it and I get lonely........

:pac::pac::pac:

Go for it--That's 3 of us old BF fanatics that could get a squad together.2 more and we`d have a decent team for a few matches.

Corvo wrote: »
    Lads Im only starting off, but would love to join up for a few games on Xbox One.

I'll be utterly shyte to start, so have patience! :)

Gamertag - Corvo4ttano

Theres a link on the previous page to the XB1 gamer tag thread.Add your gamer tag there.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy is on PC?

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/406-buy-key-uplay-rainbow-six-siege/

Don't know if I could be good with mouse and keyboard now lol, I am a controller noob now.

Would an i5 running @ 4ghz with 8 GB ram and an old 6990 run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Don't know if I could be good with mouse and keyboard now lol, I am a controller noob now.

Would an i5 running @ 4ghz with 8 GB ram and an old 6990 run it?

Yeah its not that intensive tbh

Noticed the other day turning off bloom lets you see out windows better as flare isnt there anymore.

Definately wonda..mines a phenom x6 with a 7890 and it should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

TH on realistic = the most unrealistic thing imaginable. Computer just destroys you

TH on realistic = the most unrealistic thing imaginable. Computer just destroys you

Let them come to you.

Most issues in this game can be sorted by letting them come to you.

Did the below simply by being patient.

12401746_997973816908738_7147069520852594895_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Absolutely loving this game... Stayed up all night last night playing, bumped into Irish lads on mic and others where we just strategised... I was always going for the flank (it's awesome flanking and usually it works out perfect)...

This though was the highlight of the night, with 2 irish guys in this server... I taught it was a 4 kill flank, turns out it's a 5 kill flank I killed the entire team right after they killed 1 of my teammates...

Absolutely loving this game... Stayed up all night last night playing, bumped into Irish lads on mic and others where we just strategised... I was always going for the flank (it's awesome flanking and usually it works out perfect)...

This though was the highlight of the night, with 2 irish guys in this server... I taught it was a 4 kill flank, turns out it's a 5 kill flank I killed the entire team right after they killed 1 of my teammates...

You can melee shields and it exposes him. Would have made your 3rd kill there sweeter :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can melee shields and it exposes him. Would have made your 3rd kill there sweeter :D

Every time I do that it doesn't work... This video was taken when I was like level 7 too... I always use recruit for some reason haha... The 3rd kill I think was better because I switched to pistol and shot the hell outta his feet haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone up for a private match some evening this week?

Myself and my mate play on PC - 5 v 5 ?

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a private match some evening this week?

Myself and my mate play on PC - 5 v 5 ?

yup we can bring 5 be on most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

yup we can bring 5 be on most nights.

Cool,

Anyone else?

Could see if we could get a game tomorrow night?

Wish it was required to have a mic for the ranked games...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

His headshot accuracy is very impressive. Well played sir!

The enemy were morons tbh,3 rushing then the other two making a lot of noise.
    Fair play to him for not leaving.

I have the trophy for TH unrealistic but its ALOT harder with randomers (i did it with them)

Top tips.

Everyone should run a silencer

Make alot of noise on either top floor or bottom and work in the opposite direction. So at round start breach bottom floor kill one or two and go top and work down. That way you are killing them comming at you making noise and they are not hiding etc.

Stay outside for as long as possible to lower enemy count, I generally do not go in until all the Billy bombers are dead.

It still a tad buggy and enemy are VERY accurate, stupidly so in fact and even shooting through walls etc when they should not know you are there.

Everytime you kill an enemy stay still and wait for 30 secs or so, usually someone else runs into same room.

If you hurt an enemy and dont get the kill you might hear an alarm going off its like a personal panic button and you will get rushed for next minute or so by a few enemies.

Getting a teammate to damage you to get more health with re-vive DOES NOT WORK...lol

MAke sure you kill all around before re-viving teammates as usually people get killed by helping to early.

Leave it till timer is around 5 mins to go on clock before getting aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Getting a teammate to damage you to get more health with re-vive DOES NOT WORK...lol

I've seen so many people do this as an attacking team when it doesn't work. It only works when you are defending and have Rook's plates equipped and then using a handgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I use it on attack or defense to help an injured teammate. If their health is 10 or under I'll shoot them in the foot with the pistol and revive them. It's brings their health up to a decent number instead of sub 10.

*edit: I see you're talking about terrorist hunt.

• Advertisement

Advertisement