Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not too expensive on cdkeys either http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

Use facebook for 5% off

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Not too expensive on cdkeys either http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

Use facebook for 5% off

Are they steam codes or Uplay codes?
    Doesn't matter either way really.As long as I can add the rest of you pc geeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are they steam codes or Uplay codes?
    Doesn't matter either way really.As long as I can add the rest of you pc geeks!!!

I bought from cdkeys and it was a uplay code..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I bought from cdkeys and it was a uplay code..

How big is the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How big is the download?

14gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

picked this up today and love it... Can't wait to get into proper team tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Patch Notes - Update 1.3
    In-Depth Patch Notes - Update 1.3 - January 13th (PC) & January 20th (Consoles)

Today we are sharing our third update. This one is smaller because we felt we needed to quickly fix some issues. The changes described below will take effect on January 13th for PC and on January 20th for consoles, except the server tick rate improvement, the anti-cheating and banning policy improvements as well as the out-of-zone insta-kill option which is effective for all immediately (read below for details). This patch will be released on PC first because of the faster deployment process, in order to test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed. Note that tomorrow, January 13th, Patch 1.2 takes effect on consoles. A much bigger patch, Patch 2.0, will be released at the same time as Season 1, on February 2nd. This update will be made available on PC and consoles at the same time.

Please refer to our post about our top priorities and known issues to see our current plans and steps we are taking to improve the game as we move forwards. Note that this update, Patch 1.3, will not fix all of our current top issues and that we are actively working on fixing them as soon as possible.

GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
    (Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)

HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS

- Updated the server tick rate for console users
    - With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.

ANTI-CHEATING IMPROVEMENTS
    - Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
    - Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.

EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
    - Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
    - We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.

TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
    (Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
    Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.

LEVEL DESIGN FIXES

- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).

ONLINE FIXES
    - Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
    - Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
    - Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
    - Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
    - Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
    - Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
    - If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
    - Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
    - Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
    - Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370867-Patch-Notes-Update-1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Console users are only getting patch 1.2 tomorrow morning. Seems like they have rushed this 1.3 patch through when 1.2 did not have the effect they intended.

EDIT - Reading that again, am I right in saying that consoles as of now have a tick rate of 60?

logik wrote: »
    Console users are only getting patch 1.2 tomorrow morning. Seems like they have rushed this 1.3 patch through when 1.2 did not have the effect they intended.

EDIT - Reading that again, am I right in saying that consoles as of now have a tick rate of 60?

As of 1.2 they do, Is my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Just looked over it again very confused with the dates myself however the heading suggest its gone live today?

"GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
    (Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)"

But the likes of "January 20th (Consoles)"

has me confused.

• Advertisement

Today we are sharing our second title update. Keep in mind that we will be improving with every update. The changes described below will take effect on January 7th 2016 for PC and on January 14th 2016 for Consoles. This patch will be released on PC first because of the faster deployment process, in order to test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed.

So consoles get tick rate tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Plenty of ticks on consoles now as it is......lol

So was killed by GLAZ for the 1st time today insdie the plane and him outside the plane the ****er, one single headshot and I was a goner....lol. Was all ready and waiting for the attacking team.

So be aware lads, I have killed a few times from outside with GLAZ but never a victim!

*FYI

Glaz is the only attacker that can shout through the planes windows and castles re-enforced doors.

Hahaha yeah frustrating so many times playing with the lads and we all hit the deck because their is a Glaz outside haha. Going prone should stop you being spotted.

Although its good a lot of people playing Glaz on the plane stay outside for most the round and lose because of the timer as their team is dead.

I personally don't see Glaz as a great team player class and find that playing ash who has a ranged breeching charge and using her rifle with a long range scope is better than him as she offers a lot more to the team. (I know she can't shoot threw the windows.)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So was killed by GLAZ for the 1st time today insdie the plane and him outside the plane the ****er, one single headshot and I was a goner....lol. Was all ready and waiting for the attacking team.

So be aware lads, I have killed a few times from outside with GLAZ but never a victim!

*FYI

Glaz is the only attacker that can shout through the planes windows and castles re-enforced doors.

Pretty sure that was mentioned at least twice in this thread :D

Glaz is also excellent in the corridors of the plane so can be a vital teamplayer just needs to know when to move.

TBH, there are a few operators that I find very bad. I suppose its mostly because people cannot use them properly. I never use smoke, pulse or twitch. As the other operators offer far more to the team.

The amount of people that use pulse and sit in a corner "Scanning" which is useless as before they even know whats what they are DEAD! Same with people playing DOC and floating around outside the objective room so if a teammate does go down they cant even revive them lmao.

You have offended but saying twitch is no good hahaha, Fecking love twitch if you plan to go in with your bot while your team is breaching you'll find them trying to shoot the bot while your team clears if they ignore you slowly kill them, you can mark them and take out any devices if anything I think twitch is op haha

Also the Famas gun is deadly in my view :)

Twitch is handy for killing enemy electronics but shouldnt shock people at the start of a firefight. When it all kicks off is the best time as the defenders are not concentrating on the floor.

Finally got it for PC..People using the uplay app to play?

Traitor.....lol.

Cant bring myself to get it for PC yet after paying full price for it on PS4 and nearly getting to level 80. Its still a tad too expensive on PC for me to justify buying it twice and then having to get the DLC chars too etc

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Cant bring myself to get it for PC yet after paying full price for it on PS4 and nearly getting to level 80. Its still a tad too expensive on PC for me to justify buying it twice and then having to get the DLC chars too etc

The extra operators are free for everyone you don't have to pay for them. You just pay to use them 7 days early is all.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The extra operators are free for everyone you don't have to pay for them. You just pay to use them 7 days early is all.

Well you have to unlock them with Renown afaik and each one is 25,000 or you can pay €3.99 each for them.

You do not get them all to use the minute the DLC is out, but I stand to be corrected on this.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Well you have to unlock them with Renown afaik and each one is 25,000 or you can pay €3.99 each for them.

Paid dlc gets them 7 days before everyone else. Then regular non payers can unlock them same as all other operators. If you play the game much at all your already have well over the 100k required to unlock the next 4.

Finally got it for PC..People using the uplay app to play?

Playing private 4v3 now if you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing private 4v3 now if you on.

You hardly still playing now? Wouldn't mind an invite if it's ok?

Stokolan wrote: »
    You hardly still playing now? Wouldn't mind an invite if it's ok?

Down to 2 others be back in a few, kdjac on uplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I've missed something obvious in this game for a while so thought I'd say it in case others have missed it. Beside the compass on the bottom right it gives you info such as the floor you are on and the room name as well.

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    I've missed something obvious in this game for a while so thought I'd say it in case others have missed it. Beside the compass on the bottom right it gives you info such as the floor you are on and the room name as well.

At this stage I know the name of every room and every possible spawn point for everything.

Would love them to mix it up.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Down to 2 others be back in a few, kdjac on uplay.

Add me on uplay aswell...razerirl.
    Ill try hop on tonight for a few on the PC.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you play the game much at all your already have well over the 100k required to unlock the next 4.

I do play it a hell of alot but if I stopped buying useless poxy skins for 12k a pop I would be loaded.

I currently only have 25k :(

Advertisement