Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any good basic tips for this. Iv just picked it up and just finished the situation in the port where you have a sniper type attachment.

1. Patience.

If attacking try breach together and never bunch up. Make sure you are partially covered before firing.

Defending be patient, they will come to you try communicate and force them into a choke point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Has anyone got any good basic tips for this. Iv just picked it up and just finished the situation in the port where you have a sniper type attachment.

Depends on your style of play TBH, some people are UBER aggressive and some are slower and methodical, myself being the latter. I find being on the slower end of things works better although there is always a time for quick, well organised attacks. The more time you put into the game the more you get out.

When on defense if its a small room with one objective dont stay in there.....move out and camp a different room and be ready to surprise attackers, be that sneaky guy that no one is looking for!

Best advice I can give is play with all operators and find 4 which are you favorite 2 attack and 2 defense. Then find the right scope not all are the same....learn the maps BIG TIME. Even go into custom and walk around and see the inner workings and know all the camera positions to take out when on attack.

Use burst fire, do not spray and pray. If a gun has multiple firing modes use them to your advantage.

Walk around crouched to make less noise and always keep the gun aimed high chest or neck area. Lots of people walk around with gun aimed low which is not good if surprised as a split second can make all the difference....

Be mindful of teammates, add me on PSN and I rip it up with you mate.

PSN: wonda3oy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can you play just 2 player co-op Terrorist Hunt?

Or is it just either Matching Making TH or Lone Wolf?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Can you play just 2 player co-op Terrorist Hunt?

Or is it just either Matching Making TH or Lone Wolf?

Squad up and pick lone wolf it wont allow anyone to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I noticed today that hmv in the crescent have out of stock stickers on the siege boxes.

I'm not sure if it's the game doing very well or hmv not able to secure stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's the game doing very well or hmv not able to secure stock

Would imagine it is the latter seeing as they are gone into receivership since last week.

First big patch day is here! new Operators, new Maps and a host of new bug fixes. Looking forward to giving them a go tonight!

What time is the DLC due to drop at.....hopefully its sooner in the day rather then later.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What time is the DLC due to drop at.....hopefully its sooner in the day rather then later.

Not actually sure what time it is due to drop but just learned that the new operators will not be available for NON season pass holders until the 9th... Everything else will be available today. The new Yacht map looks great.

Shame I have to wait until the 9th to unlock the operators but not a chance I am not paying for the season pass.

Confirmed time for release of DLC plus patch 2.0

9:00AM to 9:30 AM EST on Playstation 4
    10:00AM to 10:30AM EST on Xbox One
    11AM to 11:30AM EST on PC

During these times, multiplayer modes will become unavailable. Once the maintenance has been completed, PC and Xbox One players will need to restart their game and download the client patch.

• Advertisement

Edit - duplicate post again, not sure whats going on with boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How much are these operators going to cost with renown? Not that it'll be anytime soon. Think i have about 2000 renown and only 5 unlocked so far. Is there any 'best' way to increase renown other than just keep playing. Havnt unlocked ranked yet though

How much are these operators going to cost with renown? Not that it'll be anytime soon. Think i have about 2000 renown and only 5 unlocked so far. Is there any 'best' way to increase renown other than just keep playing. Havnt unlocked ranked yet though

Operators are going to cost 25000 each.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is the DLC free or what's the craic here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I don't know about you, but I stick with only a small number of Operators anyway. Like who the fook uses IQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

awec wrote:
    Is the DLC free or what's the craic here?

Free after 7 days. Season pass holders get exclusive access for first week then anyone can have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's actually February 9th for the 2 new operators and the new map for players that don't have a season pass.

However I am sure we will at least be up against these 2 new operators as season pass holders can use them as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

One of the new operators supposedly has a mechanical bear trap, that won't show up on like IQs scanner or make buzzing noises like the nitro cells.

Thats gonna get a few people unless it really stands out visually.

Finally hit level 20 (after playing for a week), so who do I need to add to get a game around here?

Sick of randoms and them using fuze for hostage rescue or shooting each other.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Free after 7 days. Season pass holders get exclusive access for first week then anyone can have them.
    It's actually February 9th for the 2 new operators and the new map for players that don't have a season pass.

However I am sure we will at least be up against these 2 new operators as season pass holders can use them as of today.

I've been googling a bit.

It seems everyone gets the map today, it's only the operators that are exclusive to season pass holders for a week.

Thats not how I read it on the forums hmm. I believe we all get the map today. The operators are held from us until the 9th but I stand corrected if I am wrong :)

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    Thats not how I read it on the forums hmm. I believe we all get the map today. The operators are held from us until the 9th but I stand corrected if I am wrong :)

Yup we all get the map.

If you think about it it would be difficult for them to have a map that only some people can play. What happens if you're in a game and the new map comes up and only 5/10 players have the DLC? You boot the other half ?

Don't think Siege has the player-base to do what COD does and have a seperate matchmaking area specifically for DLC content.

It's easy to stop people picking a certain operator though.

Anything for money now with UBISOFT, buying the ****in game should give you a season pass for at least the 1st year. I have now over 112K renown with **** all to do with it, buy the odd crap skin when the good ones are €2-10!!!!

Now I have to wait a week to use the new operators, new map looks okay at best but doesnt look to well rendered TBH.

Anything for money now with UBISOFT, buying the ****in game should give you a season pass for at least the 1st year. I have now over 112K renown with **** all to do with it, buy the odd crap skin when the good ones are €2-10!!!!

Now I have to wait a week to use the new operators, new map looks okay at best but doesnt look to well rendered TBH.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

So everything is free and people still complain?

Teh fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just had a quick go of the new operators. That bear trap is so ****ing funny :D

You don't even get a notification that you've caught something in your mouse trap until you're wandering about the house & see this innocent looking fool just lying there on the ground :D :pac:

Forgot when I was playing there was a new map too, didn't check it out but looks very nice from that video above ^ :cool:

3.6gb I think patch was btw

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So after the dust has settled and the earlier teething problems have been ironed out, what's the verdict? It's €40 in Argos and I have a €10 voucher so would you guys say it's worth €30? Really leaning towards getting it tomorrow.

So after the dust has settled and the earlier teething problems have been ironed out, what's the verdict? It's €40 in Argos and I have a €10 voucher so would you guys say it's worth €30? Really leaning towards getting it tomorrow.

Absolutely, great game with all future operators/maps for the next year free.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So everything is free and people still complain?

Teh fcuk?

Did you get yours for free coz I paid €65 for my game and in order to use the new DLC at launch they want another €19 for the season pass.....and its not been 100% since launch.

Teh fcuk is right.

The voice of reason over there wha' :rolleyes:

Advertisement