Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did you get yours for free coz I paid €65 for my game and in order to use the new DLC at launch they want another €19 for the season pass.....and its not been 100% since launch.

Teh fcuk is right.

The voice of reason over there wha' :rolleyes:

Paid 42 for it inc season pass.

I would assume you have got your 65 quid worth out of it? Now you have free DLC and yet still not happy.

New ops would get used, Buck using the marksman rifle with the under barrell shotgun makes long range/short range usefulness.

Frost has 2 weedy guns but the trap is fcuking brilliant, find it best used when placed behind a shield in a doorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm playing ranked games now and the difference is light and day in comparison to the casual games. Spreading out better to various entry points, slower approach to rooms, better team ups (Montagne and Thermite I found particularly useful) and more varied approaches (lots of window breaching)

I flicked back to a casual game last night before I hit the bed, and was playing Hostage on the plane map. Working down both sides of the plane, thought to myself "this is good" before Fuze on our team attaches a cluster bomb and decimates the hostage.

I'm playing ranked games now and the difference is light and day in comparison to the casual games. Spreading out better to various entry points, slower approach to rooms, better team ups (Montagne and Thermite I found particularly useful) and more varied approaches (lots of window breaching)

I flicked back to a casual game last night before I hit the bed, and was playing Hostage on the plane map. Working down both sides of the plane, thought to myself "this is good" before Fuze on our team attaches a cluster bomb and decimates the hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Is the game FULLY working now, with no issues in matchmaking etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

IvoryTower wrote: »

TBH, I found the new patch a step backwards last night. More smoke screen hangs and general errors. Matchmaking is much of a muchness, hopefully it irons itself out over the next few days.

• Advertisement

Just looking online at the new operator frost, seems that no matter how many times the one player stands on her bear trap they wont die! Seems a little crazy, or might be a bug......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beQv2BEJs08

Just looking online at the new operator frost, seems that no matter how many times the one player stands on her bear trap they wont die! Seems a little crazy, or might be a bug......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beQv2BEJs08

Noticed using a shield with Montagne or Blitz last night that I couldn't see through the shield! Just pure blackness! Made for some crazy Kamikaze style pistol incursions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't think any game works these days with no issues however yesterdays update is almost touching on it.

Its a fantastic update. Ranked matchmaking was lighting fast and that is normally the slower of the two playlists. Normally you have time to get up and do something. I found myself sprinting back to the Xbox for nearly every game and complaining that they need to give a bit more time in between games :pac:

They finally adjusted the ranks since something crazy like 0.1% of players were diamond rank. It moved me up to Platinum 1 and one guy we play with to diamond.

You can now choose separate spawns when attacking. This really changes the dynamic of the game by splitting the team up. Due to mass spawning many teams would always come in the same way.

If your team successfully defends an objective location they can no longer pick that location in the coming rounds and have to select another objective. This is the biggest change in ranked. No more spamming the same spot that our team was really good at defending.

There are a lot of other updates that addressed minor issues. Has a player with over 300 hrs in R6 since day one I can say with confidence the update is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I was a massive defuse fan in battlefield so I like to think it makes sense to buy this...

• Advertisement

Cannot get into ranked at all today, and when I did I joined a totally different game to the rest of my squad!!!! So its deffo not a perfect update, but as I said hopefully over the next few days it gets better.....

From what I can see the new operator Becks is overpowered....shotgun hits like a mule from a very far distance. I also noticed that alot of the other guns got a nerf by anything from 5-10 damage. Glaz got a big nerf too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I don't think any game works these days with no issues however yesterdays update is almost touching on it.

Its a fantastic update. Ranked matchmaking was lighting fast and that is normally the slower of the two playlists. Normally you have time to get up and do something. I found myself sprinting back to the Xbox for nearly every game and complaining that they need to give a bit more time in between games :pac:

They finally adjusted the ranks since something crazy like 0.1% of players were diamond rank. It moved me up to Platinum 1 and one guy we play with to diamond.

You can now choose separate spawns when attacking. This really changes the dynamic of the game by splitting the team up. Due to mass spawning many teams would always come in the same way.

If your team successfully defends an objective location they can no longer pick that location in the coming rounds and have to select another objective. This is the biggest change in ranked. No more spamming the same spot that our team was really good at defending.

There are a lot of other updates that addressed minor issues. Has a player with over 300 hrs in R6 since day one I can say with confidence the update is fantastic.

Odd, for myself and Bo0mton last night it was very very bad. There was only 2 of us but we got kicked from 3 games mid match and matchmaking broke down a total of 4 times while trying to find a game. We were playing casual so not sure if that was the difference.

I have no doubt that alot of good stuff was put into this DLC and patch, maybe last night was just bad for us because there was alot of players downloading the patch and maybe a higher number of players looking for games due to the DLC.

The only difference I really noticed was the brightness levels. It seems very bright, I had to drop the brightness levels in the options menu as the game looked like it was washed out of colour.

Looking forward to giving it another go tonight.

logik wrote: »
    Odd, for myself and Bo0mton last night it was very very bad. There was only 2 of us but we got kicked from 3 games mid match and matchmaking broke down a total of 4 times while trying to find a game. We were playing casual so not sure if that was the difference.

I have no doubt that alot of good stuff was put into this DLC and patch, maybe last night was just bad for us because there was alot of players downloading the patch and maybe a higher number of players looking for games due to the DLC.

The only difference I really noticed was the brightness levels. It seems very bright, I had to drop the brightness levels in the options menu as the game looked like it was washed out of colour.

Looking forward to giving it another go tonight.
    I think its that way when there are less than 5 people when matchmaking.

We had 4 hours of fast matching games in ranked last night. No disconnections. I'll see how it goes this evening and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think its that way when there are less than 5 people when matchmaking.

We had 4 hours of fast matching games in ranked last night. No disconnections. I'll see how it goes this evening and report back.

Yeah, thats my thinking alright. Got to play the Yacht once and it does look good but I was running around like a headless chicken. No idea where I was going. Will give you a shout later for some games if there is party space :)

logik wrote: »
    Yeah, thats my thinking alright. Got to play the Yacht once and it does look good but I was running around like a headless chicken. No idea where I was going. Will give you a shout later for some games if there is party space :)

Same, didn't have a clue where I was. We won 2 games of ranked on the yacht. That was tough work. I was running into rooms with dead ends and searching for objectives on the drones for ages.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Only got to play the new map once last night, it seems they've just put it in to normal rotation. It doesn't come up any more frequent than the initial maps.

Would have been nice maybe if they had made it come up a bit more often for the first week or so.

It seems decent enough playing it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Only got to play the new map once last night, it seems they've just put it in to normal rotation. It doesn't come up any more frequent than the initial maps.

Would have been nice maybe if they had made it come up a bit more often for the first week or so.

It seems decent enough playing it.

5 of us changed preferences to only Yacht, played 10 matches not once did we get yacht.

Can force it in TH if you do the same dont think it works for MP tho.

So TH normal if you want to have a run about.

5 of us changed preferences to only Yacht, played 10 matches not once did we get yacht.

Can force it in TH if you do the same dont think it works for MP tho.

So TH normal if you want to have a run about.

Matchmaking in this game (ranked and casual) is a bloody nightmare...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just bought this on pc..airblazer is my uplay name if anyone wants to add me.

The "Shoot your team mate in the foot and revive him" course of action has been patched.

I'd like to point out that 2 team mates died to bring you this information :(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I'm struggling to see what they actually needed to patch (on the PS4 version anyway) I never had an issue with the game before the update.
    Now it is well,maybe not unplayable,but the matchmaking is ridiculously unbalanced and thats when you can get into a match and the visual bugs are not only hilarious but have caused many a needless death..

Lest hope they dont make things any worse.Because when its working it one of the best MP shooters ive played..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

The "Shot your team mate in the foot and revive him" course of action has been patched.

I'd like to point out that 2 team mates died to bring you this information :(

Glad to be of service :pac:

tony1980 wrote: »
    Glad to be of service :pac:

There will be a service for Tony this Sunday at 3pm. Closed toe casket.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Anybody got this on Xbox one? Got this last week and addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Gt: Penguins Haooo

I'll play whenever I'm on

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Carroller wrote: »

I'll play whenever I'm on

Gt: wardzy

Likewise, it's my go to game currently

Carroller wrote: »