Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Added a few of ye there.

GT: The Batman IRL

Got a few hours on ranked yesterday, got on fairly ok, would be great with a team communicating.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The "Shoot your team mate in the foot and revive him" course of action has been patched.

I'd like to point out that 2 team mates died to bring you this information :(

How have they fixed this? You can no longer down team mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

awec wrote: »
    How have they fixed this? You can no longer down team mates?

No, you can still kill teammates but the trick we were using with Failsafe was if you were below 50% (so for example 11 HP) health you could shoot your teammates in the feet and purposely down them and them revive them back to 50% health. We knew it was abuse of the game mechanics but it was very handy.

Anyway, they have somehow fixed this. We have tried it a few times now and as opposed to downing your teammate, you kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That only works if Rook is on your team, pretty sure its been like that a while now.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That only works if Rook is on your team, pretty sure its been like that a while now.

Not the case I am afraid. We have used it while playing attack as well as defense in previous versions of the game. We cannot use it anymore so they have changed something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Odd, i did this with 2 teammates that were badly damaged from a blast just last night - 1 shot from handgun to foot, revive and on we went.

Playing on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Odd, i did this with 2 teammates that were badly damaged from a blast just last night - 1 shot from handgun to foot, revive and on we went.

Playing on PS4

Playing on PS4

Hmm, I will have to try again tonight so.

Hear that Failsafe... I will be shooting you again tonight :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

logik wrote: »
    No, you can still kill teammates but the trick we were using with Failsafe was if you were below 50% (so for example 11 HP) health you could shoot your teammates in the feet and purposely down them and them revive them back to 50% health. We knew it was abuse of the game mechanics but it was very handy.

Anyway, they have somehow fixed this. We have tried it a few times now and as opposed to downing your teammate, you kill them.

That's what I meant. You can no longer down teammates (on the ground and can be revived), you just kill them straight out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmm, I will have to try again tonight so.

Hear that Failsafe... I will be shooting you again tonight :pac:

I'll wear the flip flops so :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lol wtf...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well a few days post patch the match making has gone backwards (for me anyway) was playing lunch time today so should not have the same amount of traffic as evenings and it literally took 2-3 mins for any match. And when it did find one it was a match in progress with me already 2-0 down ffs.

Still getting terrible deaths that are just not possible, so its a shame that the game is not making the progress its should be....maybe the game should have been free to play after all.

When it works it works well, but it aint working at the moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

100% still works on PC but only if you have Rook on your team.

I am Rook in this screenshot, beatels is on 7 HP, erik shoots him then revives him......I sit in the corner going " fcuk must record this for boards...."

12717580_1014555601917226_9053578056817220463_n.jpg?oh=073fc3787c945d96816785d3499f731f&oe=577013DE

After playing the new operators last night for the first time I can safely say that Frost is the only beneficial of the two. Frost actually brings something to the team with well placed traps you can remove 2 of the opposing team and her shotgun is overpowered. She is a solid class.

Sadly the same cannot be said for Buck, he brings nothing to the attacking team and is kinda pointless. Every attacking team needs Termite, Thatcher, Sledge, Fuse/Twitch/Ash and Blitz. All these operators actually bring something to the rounds that can turn the tide. Buck is more of a lone wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Have the reserved in Argos today for Xbox. Can't wait now. Been waiting to have it for ages but never got around to picking it up :)

Have the reserved in Argos today for Xbox. Can't wait now. Been waiting to have it for ages but never got around to picking it up :)

One thing I will say to newcomers. The learning curve is quite steep with this game. Try not to get to annoyed when you get murdered from areas you didn't even know where there. It will take time to get used to the instant headshot deaths.

Hands down the best FPS of this gen of consoles. The tactics are endless. The game is OK when playing on your own but really enters its own when you join up with friends to play. Cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Hands down the best FPS of this gen of consoles. The tactics are endless. The game is OK when playing on your own but really enters its own when you join up with friends to play. Cracking game.

Completely agree,when you are on the headsets with friends (or happen to match up with people using them and talking even) and you are calling out moves its very very good,and even if you are killed you can still help your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

it sounds liek a game that's not fully working by the comments on this thread never mind the best fps! I'm holding out until it works properly, I was already stung by halo mcc

IvoryTower wrote: »
    it sounds liek a game that's not fully working by the comments on this thread never mind the best fps! I'm holding out until it works properly, I was already stung by halo mcc

I will agree that it was buggy at the start alright but the game is 100 times better now and there are now no more bugs present in the game than any other game out at the moment. Well worth picking up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

IvoryTower wrote: »

Yeah it is very broken, I got it on PS4 for just €40 thankfully. There is not alot of content and it's very buggy for a full price game.

I don't like the operator aspect to it either. You should be able to build your own operator without restrictions to weapons, like Rainbow Six used to be. For a realistic tactical shooter some of the weapons models and magazine capacities are all wrong too.

Rainbow Six used to be king here, they need to start taking notes from DICE BF4 weapons team. They have proper rates of fire and muzzle velocities too.

I shot a player in the head 5 times with AUG for him to go down in this, might as well be playing The Division at times with the glitches.

• Advertisement

A few great games of Ranked last night with some boardies.

The game is unreal in a squad with everyone communicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    A few great games of Ranked last night with some boardies.

The game is unreal in a squad with everyone communicating.

Let me know if you are on again tonight, I certainly will be.

Not impressed with the new Kapkan bug. Been caught a few times.

Yeah it is very broken, I got it on PS4 for just €40 thankfully. There is not alot of content and it's very buggy for a full price game.

I don't like the operator aspect to it either. You should be able to build your own operator without restrictions to weapons, like Rainbow Six used to be.

Sorry but I don't agree with you that the game is very broken. It is running better than ever at the moment and alot of the bugs have been ironed out with the 3 patches we have received.

The operator aspect of the game is very good and very clever. It is all about balance. If you had free rain to build your own operators you would have 5 guys running around with the most powerful weapon in the game and you would have 5 defender with the same defensive items making it impossible to attack.

I have not noticed many bugs. The head hitbox is not 100%, well thats my excuse anyways.

I have grown to like the operator aspect of the game.

My only complaint is the matchmaking is very slow.

The game is not very broken but can be extremely frustrating before you even fire a bullet. I am getting no gun on screen sometimes just a pure black space where the gun should be granted only with a new skin equipped but still lokks ****, and sometimes the operators are just black cardboard cutouts floating around!!!!! This is not good 3 patches later TBH......

I can get kills and be killed when you lie down close to a wall and your body goes through it.

As I said I love the game and when it works its brilliant....its not a run and gun so if you looking for that look elsewhere.

Buck is more or less the same as GLAZ with the marksman gun and 2.5x zoom but less recoil and less power, GLAZ does more damage but fires slower with alot more recoil and is alot slower movement wise but has afaik extra armour.

duplicate post

I dont think it is broken at all but there are bugs that weren't there before the latest update and matchmaking is still atrocious but when you actually get into a game.. it simply cant be beaten for tense,tactical gunplay..

Im sure the hitbox issues will also be addressed in the next update as i think Ubisoft want this to be an ESL player and it wont be until the small technical issue are fixed..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The game is not very broken but can be extremely frustrating before you even fire a bullet. I am getting no gun on screen sometimes just a pure black space where the gun should be granted only with a new skin equipped but still lokks ****, and sometimes the operators are just black cardboard cutouts floating around!!!!! This is not good 3 patches later TBH......

I can get kills and be killed when you lie down close to a wall and your body goes through it.

To me all that is very broken and it's sloppy. YOu'd expect all that from an indie developer not AA Ubi.

All they had to do was make a multiplayer game, they didn't even bother with a campaign.

It's just shoddy and pushed out the door far too early. Like EA forcing DICE with BF4.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    , and sometimes the operators are just black cardboard cutouts floating around!!!!!

I didn't see this until after last weeks update and ive had the game since launch..

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I didn't see this until after last weeks update and ive had the game since launch..

Yeah, as I said the update is a step back for me anyways. The main issue to be addressed was the matchmaking and it was not, in fact its slower. The very odd time its instant. Now you still have the MM issues and graphical glitches to boot.

And I am play in the mornings, afternoons and very late at night so no excuse for extra traffic or server load. It is sloppy, they should have dropped everything incl. the DLC and fixed the MM issues.

So after waiting an eternity to get into a game when you do get in your gun is missing....:rolleyes:

Advertisement