Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

wonda boy are you using xbox/pc/ps4? I have xbox btw

Its 32 on amazon and 35 in argos, im really tempted despite the bugs. None of my mates have it so I'll be relying on you lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IvoryTower wrote: »
    it sounds liek a game that's not fully working by the comments on this thread never mind the best fps! I'm holding out until it works properly, I was already stung by halo mcc

It's definitely working. I don't quite get some of the posts complaining. I assume some peoole aren't that good at the game and are getting frustrated.

The game is working just fine with a few small bugs after the recent update. One being a texture bug that shows a gun with no texture on it.

I have 352 hrs played and I am almost level 115. 5+ members of boards play with me daily and we don't experience anything that we'd say is a broken game.
    Matchmaking usually takes a minute to 2 minutes which is perfectly fine since a match can be 20 minutes plus in ranked mode.

My advice to all is to team up and then search for games. Your whole experience changes once you are playing in a group. Matchmaking is even a good bit faster.

We're playing on Xbox One btw.

Its 32 on amazon and 35 in argos, im really tempted despite the bugs. None of my mates have it so I'll be relying on you lot!

Pull the trigger. That's an awesome deal. This game has free DLC for this year. New operators and maps.

Does no one on your friends list have it. I know a guy on my list who started playing only recently. Maybe a few other Xbox gamers can post here.

We're maxed out with the 5 players most evenings..

If you can find a few players who are just starting or have started recently this will help. You'll need to play casual until level 20. Then ranked is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Yeah,the matchmaking should take priorities and the silhouette glitch aswell (has been the cause of many an unfair death)

But i will say,all issues aside,its a terrific game.. (remember how broken BF4 was when it came out? a thousand times worse imho)

local argos had no stock so ordered it on amazon, 34e inc delivery

Xbox GT: gunnerdrog

Ill post back in here when i get the hang of it to recruit!

• Advertisement

local argos had no stock so ordered it on amazon, 34e inc delivery

Ill post back in here when i get the hang of it to recruit!
    When you recieve it here's a few things to do first upon launching the game.

Download the Uplay app and get your free 24hr booster. Once you have it you'll need to activate it in the main menu by pressing the select button.

Watch all 3 video tutorials in the menu. They give you renown points for watching them. This gives you enough renown to buy your first attacker and defender.

Play through the Situations playlist from start to finish. These solo missions are designed to give you the skills you'll need and an understanding of what each operator does. You also get more renown points. By the time you complete them you'll be able to afford a few more operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

When you recieve it here's a few things to do first upon launching the game.

Download the Uplay app and get your free 24hr booster. Once you have it you'll need to activate it in the main menu by pressing the select button.

Watch all 3 video tutorials in the menu. They give you renown points for watching them. This gives you enough renown to buy your first attacker and defender.

Play through the Situations playlist from start to finish. These solo missions are designed to give you the skills you'll need and an understanding of what each operator does. You also get more renown points. By the time you complete them you'll be able to afford a few more operators.

Now thats a whole lot nicer than "Talk to me when your level 20" :pac:

Good games last night btw, dying to get playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mr Freeze wrote: »

He's not half bad, that Failsafe chap :)

Good advice though.

Added you there Mr Freeze. Can I just say I thought mAxI ni was machine with 105,000 gamerscore but you are the equivalent of a T1000 with a gamerscore of 197,390. Very impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am on PS4 mate soz.

• Advertisement

How is not being good at the game got anything to do with the bugs and glitches????.....not having a pop at you m8 just curious on your taughts on it...

I play regular with 3 lads mic'd up and its alot easier to get over the 3 min loading times when you having the craic on mic then sitting there on your own granted. But it really should be fixed by now the matchmaking.

Nobody is complaining about the actual gameplay as I said before when it works it works.

I too have hundreds of hrs put into the game incld. Alpha and beta tests, am level 105 and fairly sure I know what I am doing....I aint crying when I lose to a better player! But when you getting killed through invisible doors (like in the link below) its not about being **** at the game.

Again just my 2 cents guys, lots of you are happy with the game as it. I am not mainly because its sooooo close to being a super game. Maybe the PS4 is not as stable as the PC or Xbox TBH.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How is not being good at the game got anything to do with the bugs and glitches????.....not having a pop at you m8 just curious on your taughts on it...

I play regular with 3 lads mic'd up and its alot easier to get over the 3 min loading times when you having the craic on mic then sitting there on your own granted. But it really should be fixed by now the matchmaking.

Nobody is complaining about the actual gameplay as I said before when it works it works.

I too have hundreds of hrs put into the game incld. Alpha and beta tests, am level 105 and fairly sure I know what I am doing....I aint crying when I lose to a better player! But when you getting killed through invisible doors (like in the link below) its not about being **** at the game.

Again just my 2 cents guys, lots of you are happy with the game as it. I am not mainly because its sooooo close to being a super game. Maybe the PS4 is not as stable as the PC or Xbox TBH.....

Completely agree.. Game not broken but Bugs are annoying..

PSN is fill3rup_ btw,incase anyone wants to squad up..

The Glaz bug does seem to have been introduced since patch 2.0 (it was not there in previous releases) and in my opinion requires a quick fix patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've gone from COD to Battlefield and am considering this now as im a bit bored with the previous - Just bought a new XB1 and fancy a change. Looks decent and worth a punt at €35

Same as myself only battlefield first, then halo, only got cod about 2 weeks ago and while ill continue to play it with mates there just doesn't seem to be much buzz in playing it.

GBX wrote: »
    I've gone from COD to Battlefield and am considering this now as im a bit bored with the previous - Just bought a new XB1 and fancy a change. Looks decent and worth a punt at €35

I have played them both, however this is TOTALLY different m8. Dont expect to run around RPG'ing everything that moves!!!!

Steep learning curve but what you put into the game you will get out....seriously.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Ha ha, I believe I put it nicer then that lol. Probably not :D

Yeah, good games. You can see how much better the game becomes with a full team.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

My advice would be to get another 2 players. Reach out to some decent randomers you meet in casual if there aren't other people on your PSN friends list. This halves your wait time for a game. The matchmaking is a 3 step process. The first step is connecting to your team. If you have the 5 players it goes straight to step 2.

A few glitches have surfaced as a result of the latest patch. They have been acknowledged by Ubisoft so hopefully there will be a fix shortly.

There is one bug which has persisted since launch. I come across it the very odd time and have made a few videos showcasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hope they keep the Kapkan bug on PC and roll it out as standard.

On PC you can quickly remove a trap and place it back without the infrared line, the metal part still exists tho and is visible. I think it should have always been that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hope they keep the Kapkan bug on PC and roll it out as standard.

On PC you can quickly remove a trap and place it back without the infrared line, the metal part still exists tho and is visible. I think it should have always been that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Failsafe CGI

Just added you two on Xb1.

Feel free to add me if Ive missed anyone--razerirl75 on XB1

TiG.He11razer on PC Uplay.
    Still using my old Tig Tags-Pity you cant use them on XB1.

The TiG lads are all Dayz fanatics these days--cant get into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just added you two on Xb1.

Feel free to add me if Ive missed anyone--razerirl75 on XB1

TiG.He11razer on PC Uplay.
    Still using my old Tig Tags-Pity you cant use them on XB1.

The TiG lads are all Dayz fanatics these days--cant get into it at all.

Just added a few there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

The_Chap wrote: »
    Just added a few there myself

I'll be on in a few mins if anyone cares to party up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Keep getting an error code ending in 000067 when you lot were sending invites.
    See attachment.
    Cant join you and cant find my headset!!,

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Keep getting an error code ending in 000067 when you lot were sending invites.
    See attachment.
    Cant join you and cant find my headset!!,

Very odd, what is your NAT set to?

I agree that the kapkan bug should stay, his traps are nearly useless so easy to spot and I have not been killed by one since the beta TBH, there should be no visable warning maybe an audible one like C4.

Both the russian operators are sub standard, tachanka could be alot better aswell. At least you get C4 with Kapkan and he has a decent shottie (as does Tach)

I agree that the kapkan bug should stay, his traps are nearly useless so easy to spot and I have not been killed by one since the beta TBH, there should be no visable warning maybe an audible one like C4.

Both the russian operators are sub standard, tachanka could be alot better aswell. At least you get C4 with Kapkan and he has a decent shottie (as does Tach)

The Matchmaking last night was atrocious,must have been a problem with the servers,i was trying for 40mins at one stage to get into a game..
    Was talking to a randomer later on and he said he had the same issue,he closed the application ( on PS4) and took out the disc,put it back in a relaunched and got straight into a game..

The Matchmaking last night was atrocious,must have been a problem with the servers,i was trying for 40mins at one stage to get into a game..
    Was talking to a randomer later on and he said he had the same issue,he closed the application ( on PS4) and took out the disc,put it back in a relaunched and got straight into a game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

bigphil2 wrote: »

Simply put, if they don't fix the absolute randomness of the matchmaking soon, the community is going to die out. Last couple of times, no problems but I have had issues like you describe above.

Anyway, how is everyone finding the new map? Not mad on it myself, find it easier to defend than attack and you lose the window breaching element to an extent. But maybe another few playthroughs and I'll change my mind. Up to Gold IV at the moment too, and I don't know how, as I'm bloody shocking.

Advertisement