Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Corvo wrote: »

Anyway, how is everyone finding the new map? Not mad on it myself, find it easier to defend than attack

This!

i like Frost's welcome mat and shotgun though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

bigphil2 wrote: »
    The Matchmaking last night was atrocious,must have been a problem with the servers,i was trying for 40mins at one stage to get into a game..
    Was talking to a randomer later on and he said he had the same issue,he closed the application ( on PS4) and took out the disc,put it back in a relaunched and got straight into a game..

They mention on the website if you are waiting over 3 minutes to back out and search again. I have found that the odd time that quiting the game and relaunching it works. Although I haven't had that issue for months.

Corvo wrote: »
    Simply put, if they don't fix the absolute randomness of the matchmaking soon, the community is going to die out. Last couple of times, no problems but I have had issues like you describe above.

Anyway, how is everyone finding the new map? Not mad on it myself, find it easier to defend than attack and you lose the window breaching element to an extent. But maybe another few playthroughs and I'll change my mind. Up to Gold IV at the moment too, and I don't know how, as I'm bloody shocking.

The problem with the matchmaking is it works great for full teams. 0 issues there but for randomers it's a nightmare. My guess is that this is not a randomers game like call of duty would be. I'd say the majority of the player base are teams with randomers just filling the gaps.

I am not really enjoying the new map. Maybe it will grow on me once I get to know it better.

i play randomly as thats the only way i can due to work/life/GF etc.. so commiting to a certain day/time is difficult..
    Id love to be able to play more but its not going to happen so i do hope they sort out the matchmaking issue soon..it will end up putting me off the game and i really like it..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

logik wrote: »
    Very odd, what is your NAT set to?

Open.Have the ports open in the router.

Could play casual and ramked last night but could not join any invited games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

One thing I will say to newcomers. The learning curve is quite steep with this game. Try not to get to annoyed when you get murdered from areas you didn't even know where there. It will take time to get used to the instant headshot deaths.

Hands down the best FPS of this gen of consoles. The tactics are endless. The game is OK when playing on your own but really enters its own when you join up with friends to play. Cracking game.

You weren't wrong anyway. I'm getting slaughtered but still enjoying it strangely. Its unlike any game I've ever played before so its a big thumbs up from me so far.
    I want newbie lobbies though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You weren't wrong anyway. I'm getting slaughtered but still enjoying it strangely. Its unlike any game I've ever played before so its a big thumbs up from me so far.
    I want newbie lobbies though lol

Yeah it is weird alright. No matter how bad some of your rounds are, you keep going back for more and more.

I remember when the game launched with a load of bad bugs, myself, Failsafe and the lads still played every day. It has something special that keeps drawing you back for more.

Super fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Yet another solid patch, they are really trying to get this game ready for ESL tournaments.

Nice patch notes, alot of silly bugs are fixed whoop!

Yeah it is weird alright. No matter how bad some of your rounds are, you keep going back for more and more.

I remember when the game launched with a load of bad bugs, myself, Failsafe and the lads still played every day. It has something special that keeps drawing you back for more.

Super fun.
    Starting to do OK now but I don't know if its just luck or what haha. The last game I burned out was black ops 2 and I hope this will be the same.

Anyone want to party up on Xbox add me.
    Irish geebuster

• Advertisement

Now that's a patch!

Kapkan's booby trap exploit will not be missed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Starting to do OK now but I don't know if its just luck or what haha. The last game I burned out was black ops 2 and I hope this will be the same.

Anyone want to party up on Xbox add me.
    Irish geebuster

Great gamertag!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

havent played this at all yet, but I am impressed at the retention it seems to be having with a lot of my friends list. It seems to be something of a sleeper hit, and (from my point of view anyway) they'd do well to try and maintain the community goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness the game is in a ridiculous state if you need to have 5 online friends to play it normally and get into rounds in a decent time frame......the majority of peeps would be solo or 2 up TBH.

Really hope they work double time to get it up to speed, stick everything on hold and sort the matchmaking. But in fairness they are lashing out the patches lets hope its not a case of 1 step forward 3 steps back.

Would they be so quick to fix the game if it was not a contender for the ESL gaming leagues???

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness the game is in a ridiculous state if you need to have 5 online friends to play it normally and get into rounds in a decent time frame......the majority of peeps would be solo or 2 up TBH.

Really hope they work double time to get it up to speed, stick everything on hold and sort the matchmaking.

Its trying to match team with team. Thats the hold up. You need a very big player pool to match make from and I can't see there being many teams made up of randomers to match up with.

I don't even play with less than 4 players because radomers do incredibly stupid things. Think of it has a team game.

Maybe PSN might be having a tougher time of it but I find matches very quickly on Xbox. Maybe its more popular on Xbox.
    Would they be so quick to fix the game if it was not a contender for the ESL gaming leagues???
    Who cares as long as they fix it. The game has been going from strength to strength. You should have been around from day 1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

And I found my headset so hopefully Ill actually get into a game with you this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played 2 games tonight and didnt kill a single person. Died every round. Just one of those nights, best to leave it as it is i think. Very frustrating game when ot goes like this

I was around from day one alpha testing, and of course there have been

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I was around from day one alpha testing, and of course there have been

... What?...

deco nate wrote: »
    ... What?...

LMAO, boards is mental at the moment....totally screwed up that post last night!

*has been issues with matchmaking since day one. Which is acceptable with any new game server issues are to the fore but after 3 patches and soon to be a 4th I really hope they sort it.

I know it looks like I am hating on the game but I really do love it, it is a brilliant game and can be even better with a bit of dedicated background work.

So lets hope it gets the TLC it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Had a good few games of TH last night without teaming up and it was running great last night, didn't wait more than a minute for a full team

Added you there Mr Freeze. Can I just say I thought mAxI ni was machine with 105,000 gamerscore but you are the equivalent of a T1000 with a gamerscore of 197,390. Very impressive :)

Why Thank You. A T-1000, now thats a compliment. Pity I aint like that in game.

I don't even look at that number anymore since Mrs Freeze came along and the TV has to be shared. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr Freeze wrote:
    I don't even look at that number anymore since Mrs Freeze came along and the TV has to be shared.

Set up a monitor in the corner ;)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Set up a monitor in the corner ;)

For Her? I'm not going in the corner! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

For Her? I'm not going in the corner! :pac:

:D

Why Thank You. A T-1000, now thats a compliment. Pity I aint like that in game.

I don't even look at that number anymore since Mrs Freeze came along and the TV has to be shared. :pac:

Tell me about it, although I did install a tv distribution system in the house a few weeks ago and a second tv, so herself can watch her tv shows and I can get a few games in. Seems to be working so far :):pac::D

I'm getting slaughtered but still enjoying it strangely. Its unlike any game I've ever played before so its a big thumbs up from me so far.

Its addictive right! Dont sweat the beating you are gonna get them rounds.

TBH it really doesnt matter how good or bad you are at this game there is a huge element of luck involved. However, you can turn the odds towards your favour with a little bit of knowhow IMHO.

What you need do is minimise your risk factor with POSITIONING it is for me,the most important thing in the game bar none. If you come up against a superior player but you have a better position you will win (bar doing something silly!) and its even more relevant when defending.

This can be even more successful playing with a mic'ed up squad but is essential (positioning) playing with random peeps who are all out for themselves.

Agin the amount of effect put into this game = reward

• Advertisement

Its addictive right! Dont sweat the beating you are gonna get them rounds.

TBH it really doesnt matter how good or bad you are at this game there is a huge element of luck involved. However, you can turn the odds towards your favour with a little bit of knowhow IMHO.

What you need do is minimise your risk factor with POSITIONING it is for me,the most important thing in the game bar none. If you come up against a superior player but you have a better position you will win (bar doing something silly!) and its even more relevant when defending.

This can be even more successful playing with a mic'ed up squad but is essential (positioning) playing with random peeps who are all out for themselves.

Agin the amount of effect put into this game = reward

Yea I'm starting to get a bit better now but would love a bit of dead silence from cod haha

Advertisement