Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Took 5 seconds to matchmake a game there

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Playing last night on the house level, and was aiming in an unbarricaded window. There was only two enemies left against me. Doc walks into the room, I blast him, missing quite a few shots but he drops down injured and I have to reload. For some reason I duck back behind the cover of the window, switch to pistol and lean back to finish him off.

...I receive one straight to the dome from Doc.

He had got back up...

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Corvo wrote: »
    Playing last night on the house level, and was aiming in an unbarricaded window. There was only two enemies left against me. Doc walks into the room, I blast him, missing quite a few shots but he drops down injured and I have to reload. For some reason I duck back behind the cover of the window, switch to pistol and lean back to finish him off.

...I receive one straight to the dome from Doc.

He had got back up...
    The self revive is about the only decent thing Doc does IMO. I find the revive gun is pretty useless as team mates are hardly ever in a position to be revived or it's too dangerous to switch to your revive gun at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

awec wrote: »
    The self revive is about the only decent thing Doc does IMO. I find the revive gun is pretty useless as team mates are hardly ever in a position to be revived or it's too dangerous to switch to your revive gun at that moment.

Even if you use it on yourself it takes an age to get up and the screen is white like you were flash banged. So even if you do manage to fluke it and stay alive you are at a total disadvantage when you come back to the living.

I have also in the past in the heat of battle switched to my handgun not the medic gun and blew the head off a team mate by mistake!!!!

MP5K is underpowered a tad also I find. He does have lvl 3 armour I suppose which helps pick him as an operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Played my first few hours. Skipped playing through the scenarios but I just don't have the patience. How do you use your special ability, I bought the guy that can detect heart rate

• Advertisement

Shoulder buttons as in R1 and L1 on PS4....sure it would be same on XB1

Thought I tried that. Good game so far, looking forward to knowing what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Thought I tried that. Good game so far, looking forward to knowing what's going on
    RB.

For an operator like Pulse you need to hold down RB.

Pulse is a pretty poor operator by the way, doesn't really offer much to the team. His scanner is only a tiny bit useful because as a defender you shouldn't be running about much trying to find people.

IMO, the first ones you should buy should be Fuze (A), Thermite (A), Rook (D), Castle (D). These 4 are easy to play as and will see you contribute a lot to your team.

Yeah the scanner he has is way under powered, many a time again it picks up an enemy you barely have time to switch back to a weapon. Range is far too small and not very precise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

First time in about two weeks I've had time to get on and the bleeding serves go down!

Enjoying this despite coming last most games. Going between this and blops repeatedly is certainly not helping my cause, it's quite addictive though, looking forward to knowing the levels

Enjoying this despite coming last most games. Going between this and blops repeatedly is certainly not helping my cause, it's quite addictive though, looking forward to knowing the levels

Stick with it man, you will get better as soon as you learn the maps and the weapons as they are not all the same.

In attack stick with a team mate and move really, really slowly.

In defence find a nice spot and camp.

This'll help your game.

Thanks lads. Im off Friday so will get good then :)

Deffo safety in numbers on attack, but dunno about all out camp on defense. Depends on map and room but camping in small room is a fuze dream not to mention nades through window taking out 2 peeps in one go. If camping do it for small periods then assess and move. Obviously it can be a good tactic but you need to know when and where.

Yesterday i was camped at the end of a corridor beside a window, chancing my arm that someone would happen to pick that one. What do you know, in he comes! He didn't even look right so i had all the time in the world, i was so excited i blew the load and somehow didn't kill him, he turned around with his pistol and executed me with a bullet to the head while i was reloading. Bad times.

Yesterday i was camped at the end of a corridor beside a window, chancing my arm that someone would happen to pick that one. What do you know, in he comes! He didn't even look right so i had all the time in the world, i was so excited i blew the load and somehow didn't kill him, he turned around with his pistol and executed me with a bullet to the head while i was reloading. Bad times.

Look I like this game too, but not that much...

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo safety in numbers on attack, but dunno about all out camp on defense. Depends on map and room but camping in small room is a fuze dream not to mention nades through window taking out 2 peeps in one go. If camping do it for small periods then assess and move. Obviously it can be a good tactic but you need to know when and where.

Agree on the attack, however I have seen better teams attack with four and send one lone member around the back of the group once the action has kicked off with the others. It's extremely effective if done right and timed correctly. (Obviously, you it needs a tighter map also - Yacht was effective)

I'm useless at going roaming when defending. Always end up turning a corner or landing myself in 3 v 1 fire fight. I tend to stick very close by and drive attackers into a bottleneck if possible.

One day last week 4 of our team went in one way and I went round the back. Ended up getting 4 easy kills, not a single one of the enemies were looking in my direction. Took it real slow so there was no footstep noises. Knifed three of them, shot one and would have killed the 5th guy except I had to reload and a team mate got there first.

It's rare that it works out this well as usually the defenders have a roamer just to keep the attackers honest. It was on the biker garage/club map.

I like to roam on defence, or at least find a spot that's away from the objective, but only if I am not spotted by a drone. If the attackers see you running away from the objective they'll know to be cautious. You'll get a lot of kills with people breaking in through windows without checking because they are so far from the objective and people will sprint around so be easy to hear as well.

I just said camp because it's easier to do until you learn the maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

LoOOve this game. I was prone, guy sneaking up behind me. I turn around and he hits me with bullets. Down to 1 health. Hide. It's a shield guy ****. He lobs a flash band. Too afraid to wait so I leg it forwards toward him and take a tactical position by a post. He walks past probably thinking I am stunned, doesn't see where I have advanced. I knife him in the back.

Uuuuuuuunreal

if a guy has a shield do you use grenades? melee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

C4 is always the most viable option if you have it. Melee can be but you need to time it, I'm a regular Montagne player so not sure if Blitz or other shield users can do this but if you try melee Montagne and he melee's also, depending on the timing it will likely turn into a counter-shield bash and Montagne will kill/injure you with the counter melee so it doesn't always work. I've killed a good number of people as Montagne by doing this counter to them, but I still don't know 100% how the timing works for it myself yet.

Another option is to wait until shield user ADS' (aims down sight) and then pop a bullet at their head to kill them. Another option is to use a team mate to draw fire at them and then flank their exposed side or back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If he has a shield he is an attacker, if you have grenades you are also an attacker.

You can Melee and it will knock their shield back, Montagne will win most melee fights.

Honestly, unless you have grenades, flanking is always the best option.

You have the advantage in that you are far more mobile compared to their sluggish crawl forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Any of the new players on the playstation if so add me psn:Irishranger1

Played a good few games there, rank 16 now, you get a load of kills when you have the shield

Missed you last night Ranger, was on earlier but never got back on. Will be on tonight...time is split now with the PS4 and the Xbox1 :eek:

At least until the division comes out....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yep Ps4 here aswell
    razer_irl

Fook this game..I now have it on 3 platforms!!!
    Almost as bad as Wonda Boy up there ^^^
    Still crap on all 3 though.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yep Ps4 here aswell
    razer_irl

Fook this game..I now have it on 3 platforms!!!
    Almost as bad as Wonda Boy up there ^^^
    Still crap on all 3 though.

3 platforms!!!

Cant justify getting it on XB1 yet having it on PS4 but if it drops in price or I see it 2nd hand I would get it.

I will add you on PS4 aswell Hellrazer and we squad up with Ranger.

Advertisement