Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    3 platforms!!!

Cant justify getting it on XB1 yet having it on PS4 but if it drops in price or I see it 2nd hand I would get it.

I will add you on PS4 aswell Hellrazer and we squad up with Ranger.

Well I got it originally for xb1 then realised no one I knew was on Xbox.
    Got it on PC cos I thought I'd convince the tig lads to play on PC.

Then I swapped my Wii u for a ps4 and got it on that for 36 euros.
    Haven't even installed it on ps4 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ya lunatic...Well add me on XB1 also and I play a few games of what ever we have. At the moment I only have Forza 6, Halo 5, Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive...but I will be splitting the AAA titles between consoles.

XB1= CMMDR VIP3R

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ya lunatic...Well add me on XB1 also and I play a few games of what ever we have. At the moment I only have Forza 6, Halo 5, Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive...but I will be splitting the AAA titles between consoles.

XB1= CMMDR VIP3R

Get EA access.Loads of free games on it.
    BF4,Hardline,TitanFall.All for a fiver a month or 25 a year.
    Well worth it on XB1.

Like yourself Ill be splitting between consoles.Have Black Ops 3 on the Ps4.
    Not mad about it--its too Quakey if you get me.Bit too fast for me.Young lad likes it though..these fecking new youngsters showing off!!!!

Leaning abit more towards the Ps4 tbh--My Xb1 is my media machine.Have my Android box with kodi on it/ my media pc and my satellite box fed through the hdmi in on the Xb1.Makes it great for that side of things.

Ps4 will probably the main gaming machine.Graphics wise the ps4 wins hand down.Prefer the external storage options on the xbox though.Plug in any usb 3 drive and you can get as much storage as you want.Im limited with 500gig on the ps4 until I change the harddrive out.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Get EA access.Loads of free games on it.
    BF4,Hardline,TitanFall.All for a fiver a month or 25 a year.
    Well worth it on XB1.

Like yourself Ill be splitting between consoles.Have Black Ops 3 on the Ps4.
    Not mad about it--its too Quakey if you get me.Bit too fast for me.Young lad likes it though..these fecking new youngsters showing off!!!!

Leaning abit more towards the Ps4 tbh--My Xb1 is my media machine.Have my Android box with kodi on it/ my media pc and my satellite box fed through the hdmi in on the Xb1.Makes it great for that side of things.

Ps4 will probably the main gaming machine.Graphics wise the ps4 wins hand down.Prefer the external storage options on the xbox though.Plug in any usb 3 drive and you can get as much storage as you want.Im limited with 500gig on the ps4 until I change the harddrive out.

Yeah deffo pros and cons with the two consoles, not the time and the place here to start it. Might be a riot.....lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

There's a few of us on xb1 for siege, like ships that pass in the night sometimes though lol

• Advertisement

Whats the division like??Toying with the idea of returning rainbow six siege as its still sealed and picking up the division on ps4??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Whats the division like??Toying with the idea of returning rainbow six siege as its still sealed and picking up the division on ps4??

The Division is a 3rd person squad based RPG. It has realistic guns and attachments but they don't do realistic damage, there are boss type enemies that can take a few magazines to take down if you are a low level.

It's not like 3rd person Rainbow Six or anything like it, that's what Ghost Recon will be when that comes out.

Well seen as u have it on 3 platforms I would change it for the division...if you don't like it you still get 30-40 euro trade in after a few weeks.

Well seen as u have it on 3 platforms I would change it for the division...if you don't like it you still get 30-40 euro trade in after a few weeks.

Well Ill have it on 2.PS4 one is still sealed so Ill get the full 36 back on it.

Well Ill have it on 2.PS4 one is still sealed so Ill get the full 36 back on it.

Well I made my decision.Returned R6 siege and bought the division instead.
    2 platforms is enough!!!

• Advertisement

Lol yeah...if I on join up on me mate in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Played as twitch for first time last night. Nice operator with shot gun. Really helps the team wearing down the health with the shocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Delighted I got this lads thanks for the recommendation. Finding it hard to get into the division cause I keep wanting to play this. A really great game if you like tactical fps.

whats the deal with ranking games, ive only ever played casual. Is there much difference? more chance of getting hammered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

IvoryTower wrote: »
    whats the deal with ranking games, ive only ever played casual. Is there much difference? more chance of getting hammered?

Ranking means you will generally end up with players closer to your own skill level. Not too easy or too hard.

In casual you can end up getting hammered by very good players or end up with guys who only got the game and have no idea what they are at, it's pure random.

That's why it takes longer to find a ranked games as it's trying to match you up to others.

okay thanks, sounds like its worth doing so.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ranked games are more serious than casual and are usually more difficult. You get to pick where you spawn. Ranked games also last a lot longer as it's first to 4 but you have to win by 2 rounds (so it can't finish 4-3, there'll be another round).

I wouldn't bother with ranked unless you have a team of your own. Playing with randoms won't work that well unless you're willing to form a party and chat. Ranked is where the better players and the better tactics are, casual is where you'll see guys running about for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Add me lads on most nights just picked up a copy and want to join a proper squad GT iBrazzill Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'd like to get back in the swing of things some time. GT: Penguins Haooo

Played with a few on this before but not in a long time now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Free to play on Steam this weekend.

• Advertisement

Is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it any use?

Its fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got this last week and finished all the Situations with 3 stars to get a feel for the game. Haven't gone online yet, if anyone wants to have a few games/show me the ropes, my Psn is kaptinofwAr121. Enjoyed the single player but I imagine online is a million times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

(PC) I haven't been able to install the ultra HD textures pack on Uplay.

Everytime I click buy it directs me to the Uplay store home page.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got this last week and finished all the Situations with 3 stars to get a feel for the game. Haven't gone online yet, if anyone wants to have a few games/show me the ropes, my Psn is kaptinofwAr121. Enjoyed the single player but I imagine online is a million times better.

Just throw yourself in there, nothing to lose

LMAO,

I've played about 15 games so far on PC and been accused of hacking and wall tracking in 10 of them so far. Its hilarious. I tried explaining that I am level 200+ on Xbox and the amount of noise they make is insane. I could close my eyes and shoot and still kill them :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

martyos121 wrote: »

Offline is fairly rubbish in comparison.

Online is good but it excels if you're playing with friends. With random people it doesn't work so well unless you form a party.

I enjoyed the free weekend on PC.

The match making was very quick, possibly due to the game being free for the weekend. It was nice to have a step up in graphics. I usually play it on console so at 1440p it looked great.

The mouse and keyboard was really class when it came to clearing rooms. You can lean in and quickly swipe to clear a room. On console it takes a little bit longer and you have to ADS to use the lean function.

Since I already own it on Xbox I'll wait for it to get a bit cheaper before I buy it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New operators out today with some ops nerfed.

Frost loses C4.
    Thermite loses Nades
    Buck gets nades

The main ones, I would assume there is a thought behind this maybe to force players to have only one of Buck or New Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

dreamers75 wrote: »
    New operators out today with some ops nerfed.

Frost loses C4.
    Thermite loses Nades
    Buck gets nades

The main ones, I would assume there is a thought behind this maybe to force players to have only one of Buck or New Guy.

I don't mind that Frost loses the C4. Alot of other operators have C4, including Valkyrie and Frost gets Barbed wire which better suits her meta for trying to hide bear traps. Plus she still has an insanely good shotgun.

I imagine removing Thermite's frags is to improve his meta that he relies on other operators like Thatcher. Technically Thermite was a one man army being able to breach any type of wall and use frag grenades to roll under vents to remove jammers/batteries. If you got bomb/biohazard spawns that had outside walls like Chalet or Consulate you didn't really need thatcher.

For Buck, I would suspect the frags were because he already had the skeleton key that worked just as good as a breaching charge, so switching out the charges for a better offensive utility like frags makes sense. His weapons are also getting reduced recoil so I would suspect the playerbase usage of Buck is definitely going to go up.

Some other Operator improvements this patch:
    - Tachanka getting better turret placement and you should be able to deploy in tighter areas and against walls. You'll be able to enter/exit the mounted gun quicker also.
    - IQ getting better scanning visual, longer range and electronic objects will be showing their shapes rather than just circles. I.Q is now going to have use and the best counter to Valkyrie
    - Montagne's shield now cover the sides so should technically have full protection when extended
    - FBI Shield Recruit will now be 3 armor and 1 speed to line up with all other shield operators.

Advertisement